Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

husband offered jo ,but we have not got the visa yet.

husband offered jo ,but we have not got the visa yet.

Old Sep 11th 2004, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Alan101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up husband offered jo ,but we have not got the visa yet.

hi everybody,
Got a major problem, I sent Husbands c.v for a job advertised in the Courior Mail.(did this because letter from TRA advised us to do this).
Well imagne this we both arrived from work feeling pretty fed up as still no letter requesting medicals etc(we have applied under subclas139 pre july)
Husband made coffee whist I Quote Hubsand" see what my new freinds have posted".
opened e-mail and noticed a replie from Job, thought it will be thakyou very much but no thanks type letter how wrong I was.
basicly have offered husband job wanting to Know how long it will be before he is in Australia!!!!!
needless to say dropped laptop to the floor shouted to husband who was in the kitchen come and look at this'both of us sat looking at screen in disbelief.
What a quandry!!!
Next day Husband trundled off to work,ran gme and said something strange had happened.
Personnel manager rang and told him that he was aware that he had to give 3 months notice, then managing director rang him and asked if he could see him that morning. to cut a long story short Husband has been offered a better position within the company,and again husband was asked when we were leaving for australia and at the same time if we would consider staying in U.K.
what should we do, desperatly want to come to Australia, should we ask company who offered Hubby Job to write to ASPC to tell them about Job Offer?
regards Dawn
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:30 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: husband offered jo ,but we have not got the visa yet.

Originally Posted by Alan101
hi everybody,
Got a major problem, I sent Husbands c.v for a job advertised in the Courior Mail.(did this because letter from TRA advised us to do this).
Well imagne this we both arrived from work feeling pretty fed up as still no letter requesting medicals etc(we have applied under subclas139 pre july)
Husband made coffee whist I Quote Hubsand" see what my new freinds have posted".
opened e-mail and noticed a replie from Job, thought it will be thakyou very much but no thanks type letter how wrong I was.
basicly have offered husband job wanting to Know how long it will be before he is in Australia!!!!!
needless to say dropped laptop to the floor shouted to husband who was in the kitchen come and look at this'both of us sat looking at screen in disbelief.
What a quandry!!!
Next day Husband trundled off to work,ran gme and said something strange had happened.
Personnel manager rang and told him that he was aware that he had to give 3 months notice, then managing director rang him and asked if he could see him that morning. to cut a long story short Husband has been offered a better position within the company,and again husband was asked when we were leaving for australia and at the same time if we would consider staying in U.K.
what should we do, desperatly want to come to Australia, should we ask company who offered Hubby Job to write to ASPC to tell them about Job Offer?
regards Dawn
You lucky, lucky thing! What a dilemma to have
If the Oz job is suitable, you are desperate to go and everything else fits, then write to DIMIA and inform them. It's one thing taking the better UK job but if you're going to Oz anyway.......
Old Sep 11th 2004, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: husband offered jo ,but we have not got the visa yet.

Originally Posted by Alan101
hi everybody,
What a quandry!!!
regards Dawn

Hi Dawn

I would also write to DIMIA explaining the situation regarding the job, also speak to the company in Oz & get them to write to DIMIA explaining the job offer, as this may speed things up.
Could I ask you when you submitted your application??? as we are a 139 visa, & 2 weeks ago my assurer paid the bond, supplied the proof to Centrelink so we are now just waiting for the visa's!! :scared:

Let us know how you get on, take care, good luck
Paula