Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hurray another step forward!

Hurray another step forward!

Old Nov 27th 2004, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Talking Hurray another step forward!

Hi all
We have had ours meds requested and already have them booked for 16.12.04. This is another step forward and we are really excited. Just wanted to share that with you as we know you will understand how we are feeling.
we have rung our family and friends who said "lovely" !!!!!!! but with no gr8 excitement like we feel but I know you will know what I mean!!!
Karen x
Old Nov 27th 2004, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hurray another step forward!

Originally Posted by karenjc
Hi all
We have had ours meds requested and already have them booked for 16.12.04. This is another step forward and we are really excited. Just wanted to share that with you as we know you will understand how we are feeling.
we have rung our family and friends who said "lovely" !!!!!!! but with no gr8 excitement like we feel but I know you will know what I mean!!!
Karen x
Hi Karen
I know exactly how you feel. Every little step we make we feel like shouting it from the rooftops. On Friday we finally got the visa application off to the agent and I was desperate to ring round my family to share the news. I thought better of it though as it was 2.00 am when I managed to finish checking, double checking, triple checking etc etc. I had to stay up as DHL were collecting it the next day. When I told my family they didn't quite understand the excitement of it all. I don't know if it's because they think its not going to happen or that they are sick of me going on about it!!!!!!
So anyway great news on having your meds requested.
Joanne
Old Nov 27th 2004, 11:27 pm
Wanna-be Pommie B******s

Gaz&Rach is on a distinguished road

Congrats to you Karen, we've booked our meds for 21st Dec but we're not expecting a request for them til about January/February.

To both Karen and Joanne

I know what you both mean about family and freinds not beeing as excited about every step as we are. We get a mixture of denyal (Gaz's parents think it will never happen) and doubt...are you sure you know what you are doing?...etc, and a bit of jealousy from some. Plus I think some people think we're just trying to boast about the fact that we're emmigrating and say things like...I wouldn't want to do it... then list all the reasons why they don't want to do it, when all we are doing is getting excited about one of the biggest things we have ever done in our lives!

Anyway, at least we've got all the great people on here to talk to, people who share our enthusiasm for news of any visa progress no matter how small.

Not long now for you Karen and I hope the wait doesn't drive you too mad Joanne.

Cheers
Rachel
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Hurray another step forward!

Thanx Guys !
Knew you'd understand!!!
Good Luck all.
Karen x
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Thanx Guys !
Knew you'd understand!!!
Good Luck all.
Karen x
Hi Karen, Just curious, about the 5/10/4 date. Is that when the application was sent or when your credit card was debited? Just wondering cos our application for 136 skilled was sent on the 4/10/4 and c/c debited on the 11/10/4. Oh and big congratulations!!!
Old Nov 28th 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Wink Re: Hurray another step forward!

Originally Posted by logan
Hi Karen, Just curious, about the 5/10/4 date. Is that when the application was sent or when your credit card was debited? Just wondering cos our application for 136 skilled was sent on the 4/10/4 and c/c debited on the 11/10/4. Oh and big congratulations!!!
Hi Logan
Application was sent on the 5.10.04 & credit card debited on 12.10.04.
Letter from DIMIA dated 9.11.04
Received by Migration Bureau then sent to us dated 24.11.04.
Letter states that meds are to be sent straight to Adelaide skills processing centre by panel doctor who will forward it to Health Assessment services in Sydney. It can take up to 2 months to hear back from this.
This is all the info I have at present, hope it is of some interest!
Karen x
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: To the world you are one person...to one person you may be the world
logan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nicelogan is just really nice

Hi Logan
Application was sent on the 5.10.04 & credit card debited on 12.10.04.
Letter from DIMIA dated 9.11.04
Received by Migration Bureau then sent to us dated 24.11.04.
Letter states that meds are to be sent straight to Adelaide skills processing centre by panel doctor who will forward it to Health Assessment services in Sydney. It can take up to 2 months to hear back from this.
This is all the info I have at present, hope it is of some interest!
Karen x
Much apprciated Karen thanks! logan
Old Nov 28th 2004, 9:34 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!!

Good luck with the meds

Donna.
Old Nov 28th 2004, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Karen x

Hi Karen ( sent you a pm )

I`m so pleased for you!! Congratulations

I soooo hope ours come through soon, should do posted main application the same sort of time.

Well done & good luck

Sue x
Old Nov 28th 2004, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thumbs up Re: Hurray another step forward!

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hi Karen ( sent you a pm )

I`m so pleased for you!! Congratulations

I soooo hope ours come through soon, should do posted main application the same sort of time.

Well done & good luck

Sue x
Thanx Sue.
Let me know as soon as it comes!!!
Karen xx