Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Huray nz job offer

Huray nz job offer

Old Apr 15th 2003, 1:23 pm
can`t believe we made it!

hanley is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Huray nz job offer

I think we may have finally done it, heard a lovely nz voice on the end of the phone on sunday morning and he`s offered my husband a job.The job offer is in the post as of yesterday.
The pr application goes in at the end of the month and the job will give us the much needed points.
The job is in south island `Timaru` husband going out in June to check everything out.Hope it`s nice fingers crossed!!
Can anyone advise me on what happens next once you have submitted your application with a job offer, do they contact the company much? request they pay anything? or ask them to prove a nz person can`t do the job?
Thanks for any advice
kerrie
(the grin is not big enough for mine at the moment)
Old Apr 15th 2003, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

viper is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there,
Could U please tell me where your'll are from and how did Y'r husband manage to secure this job...what did U do in order to have the job?....thanks in advance
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:17 pm
Just Joined

pilchardthecat is an unknown quantity at this point

How did he manage to get the offer without a visa?????

Things are looking bad for us now, caught in this chicken & egg situation.... no visa no job... no job no visa.

What's the answer?
Old Apr 15th 2003, 6:48 pm
can`t believe we made it!

hanley is an unknown quantity at this point

We were in the same situation, so we had everything ready to apply for a JSV at the end of the month and try and get a job when we got there.
My husband is a plumber and we didn`t think anybody would bother employing him if they had to wait a few months until he got there.The best way for us was to look up old job advertisements for plumbers send them his cv and ref and say we were coming out to nz in the next few months, sooner if we could secure a job and ask them if they would consider him if a job was to come up.Four out of the five companies were interested and replied.It may not work for everyone but it worked for us.You just have to keep trying.
I don`t think i will totally believe it until we receive the letter!!
I hope that helps you in some way anything is worth a try good luck

kerrie