Huon Valley

Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:05 pm
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Huon Valley

Hi everyone,

I know that we are in the minority as we are moving to Tasmania, and not many of you have been there, but for those of you that have:

Can anyone tell me what they thought of the Huon Valley area, mainly around Huonville as that is where we have decided to live once we arrive.

We fly out in 16 days so getting really excited and nervous, packers arriving in 4 days, shit better get the cleaning sorted out pretty fast, seem to spend more time on here than cleaning kit....:scared:

Anyway, for all of you that are still waiting for your visas the best of luck and keep your chin up, it will arrive one day soon.

For all you already there, hope all your dreams are becoming a reality.

I will post as soon as we hit Tasmania, so if ever any one wants to pop over and visit, the barbie will be lit and the beers chilled (in my R134a fridge/freezer)..

Best wishes

Christine
Old Jul 8th 2004, 9:15 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Huon Valley? Peaceful, sleepy, lots of apples! Only drawback is the enormous logging trucks running north to the port. Couple of nice pubs and restaurants in Huonville - if its still there, a lovely little cottage just off the main road that serves the most unexpected food for somewhere like that - waitress service, homecooked seafood, lot of local wine. Its in the Lonely Planet guide still , Huon Manor Bistro.
Make sure you go right down south as soon as you can and see the caves at Hastings - thats a really beautifl experience.

PS Christine, I'm not ignoring you, will answer your e-mail tonight I promise!!!
Old Jul 9th 2004, 1:12 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Christine we only got down as far as Snug, so cant really help you, but be assured, Im jealous as all hell . Its a fabulous place down there, when we come back down we'll give you a yell & take you up on the BBQ offer
Old Jul 9th 2004, 6:16 am
Tasmanian Devils

Chris Bailey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Christine we only got down as far as Snug, so cant really help you, but be assured, Im jealous as all hell . Its a fabulous place down there, when we come back down we'll give you a yell & take you up on the BBQ offer

No problems, you are more than welcome

I really can't wait now, just want to get there.

Christine
Old Jul 19th 2004, 11:46 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Huon Valley

Hi we have just joined the forum.

We are hoping to get into Tasmania under the state sponsership scheme.

My TRA was submitted 23rd june so just waiting for the outcome of that.

We spent all last winter in oz visiting family in perth which was great we then visited Tas and fell in love at first sight.

We too like the idea of living in Hounville seems such a 'quaint ' little place.

All the very best of luck in your new life there though i'm sure you wont need it.

Hope we will join you one day
Old Jul 19th 2004, 3:43 pm
come on you reds!!!!!

eilish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Huon Valley

hiya christine,

i have been looking around the huon valley for properties, schools etc and think its lovely. i'm counting on you to give me the nod once you're there.

properties look good and cheap compared to other places.

will your website be up and running by then?

please give me details of the job front when you arrive, as this is one bit i was worried about.

good look and i really hope everything works out for you and hopefully some time next year we might see you.

helen, barrie, kathleen and eilish