Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Huntsman 0 Steve 1

Huntsman 0 Steve 1

Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough
Default Huntsman 0 Steve 1

Well guys, it had to happen - after 10 months in Melbourne, the wife's first encounter with a Huntsman. This little beauty had decided to make a home in our BBQ!

I managed to take him out quite quickly though and calm was restored to the house once more.

Thought I'd share this moment with you all
Attached Thumbnails Huntsman 0 Steve 1-img00078.jpg   Huntsman 0 Steve 1-img00077.jpg  
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Huntsman 0 Steve 1

That's a baby one wait til you find one the same size as a saucer , i took one out the other day it's body was 1.5 time the size of my thumb and all up was much larger than my hand. I ain't got girly hands either
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:27 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

its when they hide behind the sun visor in the car and drop in your lap while driving that can cause problems

I must remember to close my car windows at night !!! That would probably help as well.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve_uk
Well guys, it had to happen - after 10 months in Melbourne, the wife's first encounter with a Huntsman. This little beauty had decided to make a home in our BBQ!

I managed to take him out quite quickly though and calm was restored to the house once more.

Thought I'd share this moment with you all
should have left him there mate
do you know how many roaches one huntsman can eat
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:30 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by furkew
its when they hide behind the sun visor in the car and drop in your lap while driving that can cause problems

I am never going to be able to pull down the sun visor again without thinking about this now!

Em x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Huntsmen are the good guys- roaches are not- I hoovered up a 3 inch one yesterday and then had to empty the bag into the bin. (I am not fast enough to catch them and swat them.)
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

Huntsmen are the good guys- roaches are not- I hoovered up a 3 inch one yesterday and then had to empty the bag into the bin. (I am not fast enough to catch them and swat them.)
I agree! Huntsman are our furry friends! roaches are cold heartless b*****ds who must die! (yes I am a vegetarian....)
Old Jan 21st 2009, 10:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
I agree! Huntsman are our furry friends! roaches are cold heartless b*****ds who must die! (yes I am a vegetarian....)
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:52 pm
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
should have left him there mate
do you know how many roaches one huntsman can eat
x2

Not to mention all the Whitetails and Redbacks. I would be glad to have one in my backyard.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

i was painting the laundry, had the door open to let some fresh air in and one was just about to walk through the door! OH relocated him. Apparently it was a baby, but it looked big enough to me....

I dont mind spiders living outside but I object to them being in the house.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

nik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant futurenik04 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
Can't remember where i heard it or if it's bull, but i was told that if you squash a roach there is some chemical released from it that attracts more of em. Probably a load of shyte due to the natives i hang out with
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:28 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by furkew

I must remember to close my car windows at night !!! That would probably help as well.
mmm - we keep the car windows closed and one evening saw one waving at us from the dashboard. After a good chase (including him going for a nosey down one of the airvents) I finally got him out. Well, it was either that or sell the car. There was no way either me or the wife would have driven it again knowing that it could still be in there
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

geelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud ofgeelong has much to be proud of

I was putting something in the cubby house in our back garden and there was the biggest spider I've seen in my life looking back at me. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. The body was bigger than my hand! My husband came out when he heard me shouting a string of expletives.

When he went in to sort it out it had hidden.

One day I swear I will be hanging up the washing on the line and turn and see it knocking on the cubby window and waving at me.

I need a just thinking about it.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 1:56 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geelong
The body was bigger than my hand!
Just its body was bigger than your hand !!

You either have very small hands or that's one hell of a big spider
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:21 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nik04
Can't remember where i heard it or if it's bull, but i was told that if you squash a roach there is some chemical released from it that attracts more of em. Probably a load of shyte due to the natives i hang out with

I've always understood that if you tread on a roach then you have good chance of walking roach eggs all through your home to hatch later on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.