Reload this Page >

Hunting Law Western Australia

Hunting Law Western Australia

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:23 am
Just Joined

lynsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hunting Law Western Australia

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody tell me what the game/hunting laws are in Western Australia. We are thinking about buying rural property with 10 acres of land, does anybody know if I can shoot/hunt on my own land?
Cheers
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:34 am
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hunting Law Western Australia

Originally posted by lynsie
Hi Everyone,

Can anybody tell me what the game/hunting laws are in Western Australia. We are thinking about buying rural property with 10 acres of land, does anybody know if I can shoot/hunt on my own land?
Cheers
What could you possibly hunt for on 10 acres???
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 12:48 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure that the WA laws are the same as NSW - check out this thread, where I give quite a bit of info and links.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=196829

You CAN hunt on your land - vermin and what have you, but frankly, like Florida says - on 10 acres...??? Are you expecting to use an air rifle? A rifle would probably have far too much of a range to hunt 10 acres. I have 116 acres in the Blue Mountains, and my neighbour has 100, and we're both going through the system to get our licences. That's what I'd consider a reasonable range to hunt.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:20 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Hunting

can't you just enjoy the animals alive on your acerage?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:27 am
WBB

Hi Everyone,

Cheers
what will you be hunting for?

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Everyone,

Cheers
weren't the animals there first? they should be hunting you! Why on earth move to a beautiful place to go and kill some innocent species?

Do you really get that much pleasure out of killing a live animal for your amusement?
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:08 am
---------------

i dont think he wanted a lecture on the rights and wrongs of hunting.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 9:25 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
weren't the animals there first? they should be hunting you! Why on earth move to a beautiful place to go and kill some innocent species?

Do you really get that much pleasure out of killing a live animal for your amusement?
OHHH Just noticed your name!! How are you is everything going ok? I will PM you.

I agree, leave the animals alone!!!! You animal !!!! Shoot at the cockroaches instead, you'd have good aim by the end of it!!
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:25 pm
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Dear hubby, while in Perth last year asked about taking his guns over, and was told by local police it was more agro and hassle than it was worth. Plus and this is a good on shotguns in Australia don't have safety catches on them, which I wouldn't be happy about. So the guns stay behind, he is taking his bow though.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:54 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

No not all of em, Wild pigs, camels,
Get ur gun matey and have a pop, The wild Pigs are fair Game and taste great with homemade apple sauce.Mmmmmmmmmmmm
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 6:58 pm
WBB

Originally posted by paulf
No not all of em, Wild pigs, camels,
Get ur gun matey and have a pop, The wild Pigs are fair Game and taste great with homemade apple sauce.Mmmmmmmmmmmm
we went hunting pigs while in aussie and i was shocked to see how big they get, i was expecting little cute pink things but they were huge big dirty things.

they do taste good though.

Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:49 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

What my neighbour and I are getting our licences for is vermin - foxes, mainly (brought in by the morons who hunt them on bloody great horses), These are rife in our area. While I personally love foxes, and think they're really cute, we have a problem with them. They have no natural predators, and cause havoc with stock. My neighbour farms goats and alpaccas, and is agisting his stock on my property, and the foxes are a real danger. So, we need to cull them. I'd rather do it myself (never get anyone else to shoot your dog when you need your dog shot), beccause I'll make bloody sure that it's humane, and they don't see it coming.

BTW, this is not to justify myself in any way - I don't need anyone else's 'approval' for my actions. I accept full responsibility for what I do. It's here to explain what I'm doing and why. Now it's up to the animal rights activists to deal with it in their own way. If they can come up with a better idea for controlling a non-indigenous animal which is tearing a hole through valuable stock, by all means let me know. I'll listen.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 7:57 pm
Not here

Originally posted by downunderpom
What my neighbour and I are getting our licences for is vermin - foxes, mainly (brought in by the morons who hunt them on bloody great horses), These are rife in our area. While I personally love foxes, and think they're really cute, we have a problem with them. They have no natural predators, and cause havoc with stock. My neighbour farms goats and alpaccas, and is agisting his stock on my property, and the foxes are a real danger. So, we need to cull them. I'd rather do it myself (never get anyone else to shoot your dog when you need your dog shot), beccause I'll make bloody sure that it's humane, and they don't see it coming.

BTW, this is not to justify myself in any way - I don't need anyone else's 'approval' for my actions. I accept full responsibility for what I do. It's here to explain what I'm doing and why. Now it's up to the animal rights activists to deal with it in their own way. If they can come up with a better idea for controlling a non-indigenous animal which is tearing a hole through valuable stock, by all means let me know. I'll listen.
Dr. John Wamsley grew up on the east coast of Australia. When he was seven, his father purchased 166 acres of virgin bushland and cleared 35 acres of it for an orchard. The surrounding bushland was full of wonderful Australian animals such as Pademelons, Wallabies, Bettongs, and Potoroos.

When John was 11, the first of the foxes and cats appeared in "his" bushland. By the time he was 14, all the wonderful animals had gone. This had a great impact on the child and it became his life's work to save "his" wildlife.

At 16, he left home to make his fortune and follow his dream. It was to be another 14 years before he had accumulated enough funds to commence the building of Warrawong Earth Sanctuary. The Warrawong Story is an incredible story of one man's dedication against the world's greatest monopoly - wildlife management.

Warrawong Earth Sanctuary was developed as a sustainable model for conserving wildlife and biodiversity in Australia, and the Earth Sanctuaries model been hailed as the solution for saving threatened species around the world. See the many awards and accolades.

Together, with his wife Proo Geddes and the Earth Sanctuaries' team of staff, volunteers and members, John is carrying out his vision to save Australia's endangered wildlife.
Attached Thumbnails Hunting Law Western Australia-walmsley1.jpg  
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:02 pm
I like kittens.

Originally posted by Florida_03
Dr. John Wamsley grew up on the east coast of Australia. When he was seven, his father purchased 166 acres of virgin bushland and cleared 35 acres of it for an orchard. The surrounding bushland was full of wonderful Australian animals such as Pademelons, Wallabies, Bettongs, and Potoroos.

When John was 11, the first of the foxes and cats appeared in "his" bushland. By the time he was 14, all the wonderful animals had gone. This had a great impact on the child and it became his life's work to save "his" wildlife.

At 16, he left home to make his fortune and follow his dream. It was to be another 14 years before he had accumulated enough funds to commence the building of Warrawong Earth Sanctuary. The Warrawong Story is an incredible story of one man's dedication against the world's greatest monopoly - wildlife management.

Warrawong Earth Sanctuary was developed as a sustainable model for conserving wildlife and biodiversity in Australia, and the Earth Sanctuaries model been hailed as the solution for saving threatened species around the world. See the many awards and accolades.

Together, with his wife Proo Geddes and the Earth Sanctuaries' team of staff, volunteers and members, John is carrying out his vision to save Australia's endangered wildlife.
Good one, Florida.

The only problem is.... it's the natural wildlife which is in a cage - albeit a very large, open one, while the foxes and feral cats run free.

While in WA I saw loads of signs saying that poison bait had been put down in various areas, to kill foxes and feral cats. Unfortunately, it kills anything which eats it. Being poisoned in not a nice way to die. Give me a bullet through the brain, anyday.
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 8:11 pm
Not here

Originally posted by downunderpom
Good one, Florida.

The only problem is.... it's the natural wildlife which is in a cage - albeit a very large, open one, while the foxes and feral cats run free.

While in WA I saw loads of signs saying that poison bait had been put down in various areas, to kill foxes and feral cats. Unfortunately, it kills anything which eats it. Being poisoned in not a nice way to die. Give me a bullet through the brain, anyday.
Between the feral animals, feral politicians, and feral yobs, it is hard to see anything resembling the Australian natural environment surviving another 10 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.