Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of
Default Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Had a letter this morning saying our Citizenship ceremony is a week Thursday!!!!
Desperately trying to learn the natonal anthem. My son insists it goes.....
Australians all eat sausages for breakfast, lunch and tea.........
Pretty sure he is wrong!!!!!

Angela
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:23 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

His words are slightly wrong but don't panic Mr Mannering, you get a card with the declaration thing on and another one with the National Anthem on. Learn nothing, except walking in a straight line in front of strangers
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud ofCookster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
His words are slightly wrong but don't panic Mr Mannering, you get a card with the declaration thing on and another one with the National Anthem on. Learn nothing, except walking in a straight line in front of strangers
Bugger havent dont that since I got stopped for speeding!!!!!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 12:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cookster
Bugger havent dont that since I got stopped for speeding!!!!!
I had to walk up some steps at mine and then receive a flag before moving on to shake hands with the mayor - felt a bit like a test on it's own
Old Oct 4th 2008, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Just wondering whether there are many advantages of becoming an Australian Citizen? I can't see me changing but my kids are very young and if they live most of their life there ten I would expect them to feel Australian.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:29 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I had to walk up some steps at mine and then receive a flag before moving on to shake hands with the mayor - felt a bit like a test on it's own
Do you get to keep the flag?
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:38 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Racht70
When we get ours it's going up in our front window instead of curtains. If we become Aussies then we're going whole hog to Boganville.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:38 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Just wondering whether there are many advantages of becoming an Australian Citizen? I can't see me changing but my kids are very young and if they live most of their life there ten I would expect them to feel Australian.
Given that you can have dual citizenship you don't need to 'change' - just add!

Some practical advantages:

-not having to worry about renewing visas every 5 years
-being able to vote
-being able to apply for any job, especially those in the public sector
-being looked after overseas by Australian diplomatic staff

Not getting into the emotional side of it..............again!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Had a letter this morning saying our Citizenship ceremony is a week Thursday!!!!

Angela
Good luck to you and Steve Ang,hope you have a cracking day
Old Oct 4th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Enjoy your ceremony.
We will be having ours on Thursday also in Adelaide.
Have fun
jacqui
Old Oct 5th 2008, 12:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by s/nurse
Enjoy your ceremony.
We will be having ours on Thursday also in Adelaide.
Have fun
jacqui
Gongrats, Jacqui. I've done the test and was waiting until January to apply for the ceremony so we can do it in Adelaide with our friends.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 2:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Racht70
Yes.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When we get ours it's going up in our front window instead of curtains. If we become Aussies then we're going whole hog to Boganville.
Depends on how you like your privacy. My flag was one of those hand held ones on a white stick
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Angela
Don't need to learn it, just mime lol...the words were on a screen for us anyway.

Enjoy the ceremony. Although it can be boring.
Old Oct 5th 2008, 3:20 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Angela
Wow congratulations. Have a wonderfull day on Thursday.

Gillian
Old Oct 5th 2008, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Gongrats, Jacqui. I've done the test and was waiting until January to apply for the ceremony so we can do it in Adelaide with our friends.
Congrats to you to.......will yours be on Australia day? We were going to wait until then but we want to apply for passports ASAP.
Jacqui

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.