Hummer 4 by 4

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:42 am
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice
Default Hummer 4 by 4

Hi
can someone help we intend to import a Hummer 4 by 4 from the USA to australia. do we need to change the steering wheel to a right handone ? is it mandatory to do that. where can i find info on importing cars and duties to be charged by the australian govt. thanks all

d
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 5:44 am
Don't use It's green card

baconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of lightbaconmaster is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Hummer 4 by 4

Originally Posted by Des
Hi
can someone help we intend to import a Hummer 4 by 4 from the USA to australia. do we need to change the steering wheel to a right handone ? is it mandatory to do that. where can i find info on importing cars and duties to be charged by the australian govt. thanks all

d

I saw someone driving one along Toorak road last saturday they looked like a right cock. i guess they'll look half as daft if two people in Melbourne have them.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:00 am
ABCDiamond

Customs: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Any person may import a motor vehicle or a motorcycle into Australia as directed in the section Motor Vehicle Standards Act.

If you plan to drive the vehicle on Australia's roads it is essential that you contact the Vehicle Safety Standards Branch before importing the vehicle to ensure that the vehicle can meet the safety requirements and to obtain a permission to import the vehicle.

DOTARS: http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.aspx

Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:08 am
Des
Des

Des is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really niceDes is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Customs: http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4371

Any person may import a motor vehicle or a motorcycle into Australia as directed in the section Motor Vehicle Standards Act.

If you plan to drive the vehicle on Australia's roads it is essential that you contact the Vehicle Safety Standards Branch before importing the vehicle to ensure that the vehicle can meet the safety requirements and to obtain a permission to import the vehicle.

DOTARS: http://www.dotars.gov.au/transreg/vsb/vsb_10.aspx
abcdiamond thats exactly what i was looking for , thanks for the quick response i will check the sites.
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 6:17 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

forget da hummer....

get a Delica instead... from Australia.... www.delica.com
Attached Thumbnails Hummer 4 by 4-hummer_crash.jpg  
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I read somewhere that you cannot import a left hand drive vehicle into Australia (unless it is over a certain age)
Might be wrong though
Old Mar 3rd 2006, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Des
Hi

d
The QLD Govt had some Hummers for sale complete with bullet holes. They had low mileage as they were used to patrol a Brisbane high security when they could get them going.

They've probably been bundled into a buy one get a few more free offer...

WW
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:32 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baconmaster
I saw someone driving one along Toorak road last saturday they looked like a right cock. i guess they'll look half as daft if two people in Melbourne have them.
Amusing though watching them trying to park
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:35 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stormz
forget da hummer....

get a Delica instead... from Australia.... www.delica.com
Teach them not to run into the All Black front row
Old Mar 7th 2006, 10:45 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevinbloomfield
I'm sure I read somewhere that you cannot import a left hand drive vehicle into Australia (unless it is over a certain age)
Might be wrong though
Corvette Queensland are based here in Gympie they import new vehicles straight from the U.S.A. They employ a team of guys who convert them from LHD to RHD to meet the regs here. One of the Guys who owns the company drives a Hummer a big yellow one it does look a bit silly when you see it parked in the supermarket car park alongside the rest of the 4X4's. They have a website you'll have to search google.
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:05 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=baconmaster]I saw someone driving one along Toorak road last saturday they looked like a right cock. QUOTE]
Where's Toorak Road in Solihull
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:13 am
Melbourne Australia

[QUOTE=Suni&Jay]
Originally Posted by baconmaster
I saw someone driving one along Toorak road last saturday they looked like a right cock. QUOTE]
Where's Toorak Road in Solihull
Where is Solihull?
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:14 am
Melbourne Australia

[QUOTE=thebears]
Originally Posted by Suni&Jay

Where is Solihull?
No seriously - my maps packed in a box
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:19 am
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=thebears]
Originally Posted by thebears

No seriously - my maps packed in a box
Just outside Birmingham England
Old Mar 7th 2006, 11:24 am
Melbourne Australia

[QUOTE=Suni&Jay]
Originally Posted by thebears
Just outside Birmingham England
Cool - wife went to University there. I remember going to a Cricket match on the Train and driving to the NEC.

Where are you headed in OZ? Time frame?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.