Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Humidity-Queensland

Humidity-Queensland

Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of
Default Humidity-Queensland

Do people find that the longer they have been here, the easier it is to adapt to the humidity in Queensland ?
Is it better on the coast because of the breeze ?
What's the verdict ?
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:39 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Humidity-Queensland

Originally Posted by melaniee
Do people find that the longer they have been here, the easier it is to adapt to the humidity in Queensland ?
What's the verdict ?
sorry what humidity ??
its winter mate if the humidities getting to you now your going to suffer come summer
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve`o
sorry what humidity ??
its winter mate if the humidities getting to you now your going to suffer come summer
The low humidity at this time of year can be almost as wearing, especially for people prone to dry skin conditions.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:17 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

What's the verdict ?
Breezes do keep you cooler but a bugger for trying to have any outdoor activities cause everything blows away! Don't know if we getting used to it or if it's just gotten colder since we got here!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 24th 2008, 9:48 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Well as far as I've noticed, we've not had any humidity to speak of in the nearly three years we've been here but Polly's right about total lack of humidity - much much water needs drinking along with wearing gallons of moisturiser.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by steve`o
sorry what humidity ??
Sorry, should have made myself clear ! Not now ! The summer....

Now I think is great

I found the summer unbearable and wondered if it would get easier. Also being 30km inland wondered if it would be better by the coast next summer
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Now I think is great

I found the summer unbearable and wondered if it would get easier. Also being 30km inland wondered if it would be better by the coast next summer
Having survived the first summer we never found it as bad again.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Now I think is great

yes it will be much better the second year its amazing how quickly you aclimatize, the first summer was very sticky this year was alot better and there hasnt been much differnce between the two heat wise though we are told the last couple of years have been slightly cooler than normal

last winter, well 15 to 20 degrees by day we were still in shorts n t`s
this year its jumpers and a jacket because it feels so much colder

regards steve
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:36 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

What's the verdict ?
I came her elast June was on the beach shorts and all, Thought people were strange for wearing scarves and big coats.

This year I have the big coat on, bloody freezing, won't see me on the beach either.

You adapt.

I do also find though that bayside living is better weatherwise than say 80k inland to the west.

The temperatures are more moderate, bayside does not get as cold, nor as hot so the temperature range is narrower, if that makes sense ?

They get minus temps out ipswich way
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

jimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to alljimmyd4006 is a name known to all

The last 3 summers have been very mild and the humidity quite low. Some years the humidity has been so high that moisture would run down the inside walls of my house, clothes and shoes would go moldy, and was constantly covered in sweat. Thank god for aircon
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brisben
I came her elast June was on the beach shorts and all, Thought people were strange for wearing scarves and big coats.

This year I have the big coat on, bloody freezing, won't see me on the beach either.

You adapt.

I do also find though that bayside living is better weatherwise than say 80k inland to the west.

The temperatures are more moderate, bayside does not get as cold, nor as hot so the temperature range is narrower, if that makes sense ?

They get minus temps out ipswich way
It was cold out west this morning, guessing around 6 degrees, definite coat weather for me now. Mid morning the temps up to the high teens at least. Spent the last two days outside painting my new fence, glorious sunshine, more than my fair share of vitamin D.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh don't tell me that!
We had loads of things go mouldy the summer just gone ! The neighbours say it is "normal"

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
The last 3 summers have been very mild and the humidity quite low. Some years the humidity has been so high that moisture would run down the inside walls of my house, clothes and shoes would go moldy, and was constantly covered in sweat. Thank god for aircon
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

bithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nicebithbheo is just really nice

Originally Posted by jimmyd4006
Having spent many summers here is Queensland I agree with this..... lost many a pair of shoes to mould and and a lovely leather jacket....last couple of years have been cooler summers.

Back in my early days here there always used to be a storm around 16.00-17.00 hours and I mean a torrential storm, you could almost set your clocks by them.

Also as hot and sticky after a shower as before it....trying to get tights on in the pre nurse wearing trousers days was a nightmare and better than a gym workout some days

For those only here a couple of years you ain't seen nothing yet when it comes to summer humidoty.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:10 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Last year was a walk in the park, but we live at the coast. Had the a/c on for 2 hours over the whole summer.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 12:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bithbheo
Also as hot and sticky after a shower as before it....trying to get tights on in the pre nurse wearing trousers days was a nightmare and better than a gym workout some days
I'm not a nurse but I might just give that a try.

Do tights go by waist or shoe size?

Last edited by spartacus; Jun 25th 2008 at 12:19 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.