Reload this Page >

Human Resources roles

Human Resources roles

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

phaedra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Human Resources roles

Hi
Wonder if anyone can help me with a question on occupation. I work in HR as an HR Advisor but my job content is more equivalent to that of the SOL description under HR Manager (i.e.60 points) than Personnel Officer (50 points). Therefore is it okay to apply for immigration under this occupation title despite the fact that the job title is different to my current role?
Any replies gratefully received!
Thanks.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:04 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

"*** Human Resources people are useless. They are laughable. Lazy. Ignorant of the businesses they work in, irrelevant, a waste of shareholders' money, unprofessional. They are pretentious, are poor communicators and spend too much time in unprofitable navel-gazing. They hinder managers from doing their jobs ... " Said Lucy Kellaway in the FT on 16/12/2001.

Perhaps I've spent too long trying to get references from HR departments..
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think you're exceptionally rude and quite jumped up, perhaps you should take a look closer to home to realise why you're unable to obtain a reference!

Ignore them P, clearly useless and unemployable.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:07 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Human Resources roles

Originally posted by phaedra
Hi
Wonder if anyone can help me with a question on occupation. I work in HR as an HR Advisor but my job content is more equivalent to that of the SOL description under HR Manager (i.e.60 points) than Personnel Officer (50 points). Therefore is it okay to apply for immigration under this occupation title despite the fact that the job title is different to my current role?
Any replies gratefully received!
Thanks.

Don't think it really matters what the job description is - rather the duties and responsibilities involved. If those in your current position more accurately reflect the duties given in the SOL for HR Manager then apply under that occupation. Which assessing body is it for HR Manager?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:09 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't my quote , and references are difficult to get in a climate were people are so worried about being sued, even when you just want a skills list

In answer the question , if the assessing body is the same they are likely to change the group downwards I guess if they believe you should be in the 50 pts group. If that is the case, then it depends if you only need the 50pts.

Most of the assessing bodies have websites and will give some feedback to emails
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Oxfordshire, to the Out Laws in Bucks, to Cleveland in Brisbane
josiejo1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, so if it wasn't your quote, then why did you post it? To get a reaction?

People only post messages on here for advice, not to get some stroppy message which serves no purpose, isn't the slightest bit of use and get's people's back up. I don't think it was particularly friendly as it was the first time Phaedra had posted a message and she probably won't use the forum again.

Perhaps you should think about what you're posting next time.