Reload this Page >

HUGE Thankyou from a Newbie

HUGE Thankyou from a Newbie

Old Jan 16th 2004, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrsTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HUGE Thankyou from a Newbie

Hi all,

I only discovered this site and forum 2 days ago, but in that time I have found the answer to every single question I had regarding the Spouse Visa I am currently doing for my other half. So... thanks! everyone!

I am an Aussie (originally from Canberra, dare I admit it?!), living in London with my Irish husband and 18 mth old son. After nearly 4 years in London (for me and 13 yrs for my hubby) we've had enough.

If anyone has any handy hints for the visa which we will be "front end loading" pls let me know.

Finally, I do love reading the discussions about living in Oz now, I feel like I've been away for a life time and am very out of touch with life in general there - keep em coming!

cheers,

MrsTurbo
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:04 pm
Finally back home

sally1968 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HUGE Thankyou from a Newbie

Originally posted by MrsTurbo
Hi all,

I only discovered this site and forum 2 days ago, but in that time I have found the answer to every single question I had regarding the Spouse Visa I am currently doing for my other half. So... thanks! everyone!

I am an Aussie (originally from Canberra, dare I admit it?!), living in London with my Irish husband and 18 mth old son. After nearly 4 years in London (for me and 13 yrs for my hubby) we've had enough.

If anyone has any handy hints for the visa which we will be "front end loading" pls let me know.

Finally, I do love reading the discussions about living in Oz now, I feel like I've been away for a life time and am very out of touch with life in general there - keep em coming!

cheers,

MrsTurbo
Hi Mrs Turbo

great to hear how helpful the site has been. As someone who has successfully applied for a spouse visa if there is anything specific you want to know let me know. We are in a similiar situation -I'm Aussie, hubby English and 2 children.

Good luck with your application

Sally and family
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:05 pm
ABCDiamond

Welcome from a Brit in OZ

Its not a bad country of yours that i'm in

Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

cheers,

MrsTurbo
G'day MrsTurbo and welcome to the forum from another Aussie. I am in a similar situation to yourself in that my wife is Scottish and we will be applying for a spouse visa for her also. I come from Melbourne, met my wife there when she was out for 2 years and stayed 10 and then we moved to Scotland, the reverse of the normal thing. We plan to go back to Melbourne in the future and this is how I stumbled onto this site - looking for information on spouse visa. Incidentally you will get all you need between this site, a search on the site and the AHC website with its downloadable booklets, to process your application.

Like you I find the site very informative and very entertaining and it is a good way to keep in touch with Oz. Watch you don't get too addicted to the site - you'll see how many posts I've had since joining! However, welshbillyboy, bondipom and others are leaving me for dead and bundy is catching up so I take some solace in that I think.

Whereabouts in Oz will you be headed for and which part of Ireland do you come from. We have had 2 fantastic holidays in the West of Ireland, at Westport in particular.

I realised you were a native of Canberra because you could spell it correctly (see the thread going at the moment)!

OzTennis
Old Jan 16th 2004, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by OzTennis
G'day MrsTurbo and welcome to the forum from another Aussie. I am in a similar situation to yourself in that my wife is Scottish and we will be applying for a spouse visa for her also. I come from Melbourne, met my wife there when she was out for 2 years and stayed 10 and then we moved to Scotland, the reverse of the normal thing. We plan to go back to Melbourne in the future and this is how I stumbled onto this site - looking for information on spouse visa. Incidentally you will get all you need between this site, a search on the site and the AHC website with its downloadable booklets, to process your application.

Like you I find the site very informative and very entertaining and it is a good way to keep in touch with Oz. Watch you don't get too addicted to the site - you'll see how many posts I've had since joining! However, welshbillyboy, bondipom and others are leaving me for dead and bundy is catching up so I take some solace in that I think.

Whereabouts in Oz will you be headed for and which part of Ireland do you come from. We have had 2 fantastic holidays in the West of Ireland, at Westport in particular.

I realised you were a native of Canberra because you could spell it correctly (see the thread going at the moment)!

OzTennis
Hey Oz,

I had a laugh reading the comments about Canberra, but I've heard it all before and agree with most of them! My husband refuses to believe that it does get cold there though - the only solution is to take him to a night time Super 12 match in Canberra in the middle of winter!

My husband is from Co. Monaghan which is at the top of the Republic, bordering the North. Its a pretty much unvisited county unless you like fishing or rallying. I find it a very beautiful and relaxing place to visit, all rolling hills and misty mornings.

We are very undecided about where we will go once the visa comes through. My Mum lives on the Central Coast above Sydney which is nice but I want to move 12,000 miles for somewhere brilliant (no offence any Central Coasters out there). Our list of possibles so far are: Tasmania (!), Bundaberg, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, South Coast NSW and my personal favourite, Auckland!!

MrsT
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Oz,

I had a laugh reading the comments about Canberra, but I've heard it all before and agree with most of them! My husband refuses to believe that it does get cold there though - the only solution is to take him to a night time Super 12 match in Canberra in the middle of winter!

My husband is from Co. Monaghan which is at the top of the Republic, bordering the North. Its a pretty much unvisited county unless you like fishing or rallying. I find it a very beautiful and relaxing place to visit, all rolling hills and misty mornings.

We are very undecided about where we will go once the visa comes through. My Mum lives on the Central Coast above Sydney which is nice but I want to move 12,000 miles for somewhere brilliant (no offence any Central Coasters out there). Our list of possibles so far are: Tasmania (!), Bundaberg, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, South Coast NSW and my personal favourite, Auckland!!

MrsT
MrsT

Nice to read that. I remember a camping holiday in Canberra with the family when I was a teenager. I've never been as cold in my life when it got to 25 in 'old money' overnight and we weren't prepared for it.

Co Monaghan I know reasonably well because when we went to Wesport we got the ferry to Belfast, drove across through Enniskillen and into the republic at Co Monaghan. From there we went through Manorhamilton (and as co-incidence would have it a new girl in one of the classes I teach comes from there) to Sligo and down to Westport.

You've got some great choices on where you might live and I'd be happy with anywhere on the list.

Must go, free period ending, nice way to finish the week, weekend coming up.

OzTennis
Old Jan 16th 2004, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by sally1968
Hi Mrs Turbo

great to hear how helpful the site has been. As someone who has successfully applied for a spouse visa if there is anything specific you want to know let me know. We are in a similiar situation -I'm Aussie, hubby English and 2 children.

Good luck with your application

Sally and family
Hi Sally (hey I'm a Sally too!),

thanks for the offer, I may have some questions for you in a week or two. Will chase you up on this site.

Have a great weekend,

Sally