Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HUGE new estate in sydney

HUGE new estate in sydney

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:47 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Talking HUGE new estate in sydney

I read with interest yesterday,

A block of land just outside Sydney has been allocated and set aside for construction... of new dwellings.

In an effort to relieve the pressure on housing and to stabilize the house prices within the CBD..

I believe the new project is to be carved out of a forrest set aside for development, and will consist of nrly 20,000 houses...

Correct me if im wrong, I read also that due to this project, which should get state approval very soon, someat to do with funding, the numbers of places for Immigrants, will therefore increase , in particular to the sydney area...

This is great news and If anyone has any info please post it here, the news piece i saw was indeed fresh but sketchy !!

Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:54 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: HUGE new estate in sydney

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

A block of land just outside Sydney has been allocated and set aside for construction... of new dwellings.

In an effort to relieve the pressure on housing and to stabilize the house prices within the CBD..

I believe the new project is to be carved out of a forrest set aside for development, and will consist of nrly 20,000 houses...

Correct me if im wrong, I read also that due to this project, which should get state approval very soon, someat to do with funding, the numbers of places for Immigrants, will therefore increase , in particular to the sydney area...

This is great news and If anyone has any info please post it here, the news piece i saw was indeed fresh but sketchy !!

Do you know where this was ?
or which paper it was in ?
Do you recall if it was ex Military land ?
Thanks

Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:00 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Do you know where this was ?
or which paper it was in ?
Do you recall if it was ex Military land ?
Thanks

I believe i read it in australian news , its a paper we subscribe to here, ill go and look it out and give more details, but as i recollect it was south(ish) syd ..... <brb>
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:21 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

news story here
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:24 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

sounds like Sydney is begining to experience some of the housing problems that london has been going through for the last ten years. of course its not as bad yet but the signs are there. i mean large greenfield land releases to meet the demand for new housing sound familiar?
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:25 am
Banned

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
news story here

youre a bloody star mate... ive had this house upside down , i apologise for my figures being slightly exagerrated ooopss
Old Jan 15th 2004, 9:47 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Fuzzyness
news story here
I was wondering if it was the old ADI site at St Marys. Hope they have finally cleared all the old munitions from the area, it's been fenced off for ages now.

I lived near there for 2 years, so I know it reasonably well. There has also been quite a discussion about it from the locals, who don't want it developed.

Thanks for looking, Timber. Its actually due west of the City.

Old Jan 15th 2004, 12:49 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I was wondering if it was the old ADI site at St Marys. Hope they have finally cleared all the old munitions from the area, it's been fenced off for ages now.

I lived near there for 2 years, so I know it reasonably well. There has also been quite a discussion about it from the locals, who don't want it developed.

Thanks for looking, Timber. Its actually due west of the City.

sorry didnt respond earlier, ive been re putting our OZZY FILE cupboard back together after my inept search
Old Jan 15th 2004, 7:42 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

And labour are going to propose another site for a new airport. The area will then get developed and it will again become politically impossible to build the airport.

Sydney is set to sprawl and sprawl.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by bondipom
And labour are going to propose another site for a new airport. The area will then get developed and it will again become politically impossible to build the airport.

Sydney is set to sprawl and sprawl.
I think Melbourne and Brisbane seem to be doing a pretty good sprawl too. Traffic into Brisbane is now so Bad they are talking about a Brisbane Ring Road.
Old Jan 15th 2004, 8:17 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

wonder if they need plasterers......