Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Huddersfield Doctors

Huddersfield Doctors

Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Question Huddersfield Doctors

Hi All,

We are finally at the medical stage and are having our medicals in Huddersfield in 2 weeks time. Has anyone had there medicals there and if so what are they like? (I have visions of them tutting at me because of my weight) I have lost nearly 3 stones with slimmers world would it help if I took my book to prove that I am doing my best to get the weight off?

Any help appreciated.

Once again thanks from a panacking Sunshine23
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Huddersfield Doctors

Originally Posted by sunshine23
Hi All,

We are finally at the medical stage and are having our medicals in Huddersfield in 2 weeks time. Has anyone had there medicals there and if so what are they like? (I have visions of them tutting at me because of my weight) I have lost nearly 3 stones with slimmers world would it help if I took my book to prove that I am doing my best to get the weight off?

Any help appreciated.

We went there. Lovely doctors, especially the lady one. Makes you feel like she's known us all our life.

Don't worry about anything, my hubby was a bit concerned at the amount he drinks but the doctor told him he needed to double it or he would be laughed at by the Aussies
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
We went there. Lovely doctors, especially the lady one. Makes you feel like she's known us all our life.

Don't worry about anything, my hubby was a bit concerned at the amount he drinks but the doctor told him he needed to double it or he would be laughed at by the Aussies

Thanks Wendy, you know that I am a panickier. Hubby says I need to calm down. I agree. Glad to hear that they are human.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Wendy, you know that I am a panickier. Hubby says I need to calm down. I agree. Glad to hear that they are human.

No need to worry. They made it so easy. Hubby's blood pressure was a bit high, so he just did it again 10 minutes later and it had come down.

Are you going to the hospital for x-rays or are you using BUPA?
Old Jun 13th 2006, 5:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

we went there as well, really nice. dead easy to find, park right outside, x-rays at the hospital next door.

take your book by all means, but i do know that the weight issue alone is not an issue. try doing a search on here about weight, i think there has been a couple of threads about it.

have fun at your meds, and dont get stressed about them - piece of cake
xx
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Huddersfield Doctors

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we went there as well, really nice. dead easy to find, park right outside, x-rays at the hospital next door.

take your book by all means, but i do know that the weight issue alone is not an issue. try doing a search on here about weight, i think there has been a couple of threads about it.

have fun at your meds, and dont get stressed about them - piece of cake
xx
We are having the x-rays next door an hour before our appointment.
I suppose now we have come to the inevitable they are going to be done whatever so I may as well not get stressed.

Sunshine23
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We are having the x-rays next door an hour before our appointment.
I suppose now we have come to the inevitable they are going to be done whatever so I may as well not get stressed.

Sunshine23

You can park in the hospital car park for both then.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:35 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

We had our there as well Sarah and they were great. I had to have some extra tests for high blood pressure etc but they sorted the appointment with the cardiologist out and I just had to turn up (oh and pay ).
They are all friendly and put you at ease so you will be fine.

Loz x
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:50 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Any help appreciated.

Hi

We had our meds done there as well. Extremely friendly and efficient.

Don't worry,and chill.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 5:25 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Yup, we went there, lovely people even opened up just for us and another family at weekend as we said it was urgent...mind you they got a nice bit of $$$ (no pound sign) with the charges!

Lovely bloke when had a few slight problems with one of our results was available whenever we needed to talk to him.

Told us that the kids had to keep hold of their Oldham accents when they sat down on the setee and said "ooh budge up isn't it COMFY"

LJJ