Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hubbys lost his job now!!!

Hubbys lost his job now!!!

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 3:31 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Hubbys lost his job now!!!

Well, I get a job after 12 months and hubby rang this morning to say that after his 3 month probation period they have said that he can either take a pay cut or leave. Nice..

Hubbys seems to think they only employed him to get them out of trouble (very busy large contract) and didn't have time to train anyone. Hubby has trained up a young lad whose on $13 an hour and now out of a job, he can stay if he wants $13 an hour!!!

So from Thursday he's unemployed. When he gets a job it will his 5th in a year!!! (last job in the UK over 12 years) luckily he hasn't found getting a job a problem (CNC Operator/Wood Machinist) but you never know do you?

Hubby is a very easy going person who gets on with everyone, but since working in OZ he has said that the Aussies really seem to speak down to whoever they talk to, regardless of their age or job title.

Oh dear
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hubbys lost his job now!!!

Originally posted by janeyray
Well, I get a job after 12 months and hubby rang this morning to say that after his 3 month probation period they have said that he can either take a pay cut or leave. Nice..

Hubbys seems to think they only employed him to get them out of trouble (very busy large contract) and didn't have time to train anyone. Hubby has trained up a young lad whose on $13 an hour and now out of a job, he can stay if he wants $13 an hour!!!

So from Thursday he's unemployed. When he gets a job it will his 5th in a year!!! (last job in the UK over 12 years) luckily he hasn't found getting a job a problem (CNC Operator/Wood Machinist) but you never know do you?

Hubby is a very easy going person who gets on with everyone, but since working in OZ he has said that the Aussies really seem to speak down to whoever they talk to, regardless of their age or job title.

Oh dear
Sorry to hear that.. life can throw some curves at you..when are you leaving....
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 3:52 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dear
One step forward one step back. How frustrating for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:00 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by jeannie
Sorry to hear that.. life can throw some curves at you..when are you leaving....

Not until we've sold the house, so as long as that takes?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:07 am
Merlot

Oh Jane, what can I say , I can go on for hours on similar lines about our situation in the past with work, really feel for you.

My heart really goes out to you all .

Maybe this is someone's way of telling you that you are making the right move back . . . and your house will sell very soon.

Thinking of you.

Merlot

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

At least you won't lose your Family assistance part B if there is only 1 of you working and you won't have to pay a load back

hope he gets something decent to tide him over Jane.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hate to say this but I know quite a lot of people who earn $13 an hour or near abouts & they're the main breadwinner. Don't know how they manage mind you!

Hope something turns up for him soon & good luck selling the house!

Loopy
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:18 am
Merlot

Originally posted by Loopy
Hate to say this but I know quite a lot of people who earn $13 an hour or near abouts & they're the main breadwinner. Don't know how they manage mind you!

Loopy
I think it is a question of self worth as much as $$$$. That is the hardest thing to swallow.

Agreed, I don't know how some people manage either.

M

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 4:28 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by Loopy

Loopy
I did say to hubby 'can't you just take that for now' but it didn't go down to well!!! lol

He has a number to phone tonight so fingers crossed.

Diane you did make me laugh!! I tell you something, I wouldn't ring Centrelink if I had to, they are all mad in that place!!
:scared:
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:39 am
WBB

sorry to hear that but $13 an hour is better than nowt.

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 8:56 am
home again, home again

Originally posted by WBB
sorry to hear that but $13 an hour is better than nowt.

$13 wont pay the bills I'am afriad so it's a case of taking a few days off (for hubby) and finding something quickly, he's found it easy before in his trade so should be ok. If I were working it wouldn't be to bad and he could have stayed.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 9:30 am
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear
Are they allows to do that?

Surley they must have to give some kind of reason. The vacancy is still there so its not like he's being made redundant. There as to be some laws to stop this kind of unscrupilous behaviour.

If they can do it, that really sucks and I would tell them in no uncertain terms where to put the $13/hour

Bet this as really nailed it for you.
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

$13 wont pay the bills I'am afriad so it's a case of taking a few days off (for hubby) and finding something quickly, he's found it easy before in his trade so should be ok. If I were working it wouldn't be to bad and he could have stayed.
Althou $13 dollars wont pay all the bills, surely it will pay more than no income?
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:51 am
WBB

Originally posted by sj oldfield
Althou $13 dollars wont pay all the bills, surely it will pay more than no income?
that is the way i would look at it, use them in the short term while looking around for another job.

Old Feb 23rd 2004, 10:53 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

$13 / hour is just useless except in an emergency.

Perth is a pretty dungheap - chock full of scroungers looking for scraps.

Go Home or Go Bush and make a quid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.