hubby at work and kids at school

hubby at work and kids at school

Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Edens Landing, half way between Brisbane and Gold coast
Paul&Ann-Marie will become famous soon enough
Default hubby at work and kids at school

Hi all
I am feeling homesick just because i am at home by myself.
Kids are at school and paul as a new job today.He do not need a interveiw at all just called him yesterday and told him he starts today at 7.30am

Plus my mum is in hospitel and haveing a op tomorrow on her hand,so that is on my mind.
She had 2 op last year and i was there so i feel i she be there
I have tidy the house and there is nothing i can do now tv not good just watching sky news so i thought i come on her
Callum was crying at school today because he wanted to be with me.little love.shannon was fine.

I will have to start cooking.lol
Will have to look for work so i can met people etc.

feeling ok now
Take care

ann marie
Old Sep 15th 2004, 1:38 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hubby at work and kids at school

You need to start the morning and afternoon tea circuit - invite school mums around. Also get into Layby, time is right to start for Christmas.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Suggestions to ease boredom:

Joint the school fundraising/ committee;
Get a part-time job;
Help with reading etc at kids school;
Start baking!
Get a hobby or join a gym etc;

I did all of these and it really helps you to meet people. I have met most people through the kid's school and being involved there means you get to know everyone.

It won't be long until you have a few friends. Good luck!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Go shopping!

Not groceries though! Shoes, clothes, just a pair of earrings. Find the nearest 'markets' like Freo and E sheds in Perth. Bropwse for hours chat to stall holders and treat yourself to just ONE thing. That way you have to spend ages browsing before you can decide what the ONE thing is going to be!
Old Sep 15th 2004, 7:21 am

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: hubby at work and kids at school

Originally Posted by Paul&Ann-Marie
Hi all
I am feeling homesick just because i am at home by myself.
Kids are at school and paul as a new job today.He do not need a interveiw at all just called him yesterday and told him he starts today at 7.30am

Plus my mum is in hospitel and haveing a op tomorrow on her hand,so that is on my mind.
She had 2 op last year and i was there so i feel i she be there
I have tidy the house and there is nothing i can do now tv not good just watching sky news so i thought i come on her
Callum was crying at school today because he wanted to be with me.little love.shannon was fine.

I will have to start cooking.lol
Will have to look for work so i can met people etc.

feeling ok now
Take care

ann marie
Hi Ann Marie
Glad Paul and the kids are pretty much settled, and i am sure you will be soon. Just enjoy your free time and get some girly pampering done. You can never get enough of that.
Old Sep 15th 2004, 8:08 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Ann Marie, fabulous news about Pauls job, congratulations to him . Annd there he was on Sunday worrying about not having work! Hope it works out for him & he enjoys it.

As for you, I agree with the others above, if you arent going to work full time & you want to make some friends & keep yourself busy, then volunteer for things at school like tuckshop, support-a-reader & classroom helper, get the kids & yourself involved in a sport/activity (its amazing how many friends you make when your kids go to a sport after school) or start looking for a part-time job. Im involved with the school & the kids sport & dont know how I ever had time to work a full-time job before :scared: .

Hope your mums op goes OK, Im sure it will .
Old Sep 15th 2004, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

Big 'X' is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann Marie

I felt the same when I arrived, hubby at work, kids at school. It isn't easy I agree. : I found it quite boring!!!!

I was just like you and when I had tidied up didn't know what to do!!

My kids have found it hard to settle and we have had the never ending phone calls from school, it is getting easier for them and me now. :

The thing that helped me was putting a thread on here to find others in the same situation. I got a few replies from other women that live near me and we have met for lunch, been shopping to the cinema and I have been able to phone them when i have been feeling down.

Others on here have helped me to motivate myself just through words of wisdom and advice.

I have the possibility of a job; which will help me meet people and my mum and 94 yr old gran are coming on Sunday. Sometimes you need to work towards little goals.

If you want to PM me to chat, please do.....as it may help!!!!

Hope things improve for you soon, I am sure they will...invest in a phone card and ring home, it may help.

Mel
Old Sep 15th 2004, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice
Smile Re: hubby at work and kids at school

Ann Marie,

Have been in the house for 2 weeks now and both hubbie and son are out at work/school all day.

I am also feeling a bit like you at the moment. Unfortunately, we have only the one car at the moment so getting about is hard.

I am going to offer my services to my sons school soon, (they are on holiday for a week from Friday).

Had my first phone call from the UK this morning and it made me feel even more homesick!

It's funny because most of the time I am ok but homesickness sort of creeps up on you and can be started off by the smallest thing.

I just thought that I would let you know that you are not alone, there are many of us in the same position right now.

On a good note, our furniture is due to turn up on Wednesday!!!! yes, yes, yes!!

Mandy
Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

There is clearly a need in the market place for some home help to aid in getting you through the bluesy moments.

Mmmmm........wonder if I could get a business plan together ?

No need to divulge everything to your husbands ladies.
Just tell them the lion came around again today.
They won't believe that anyway
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi all
Will thank you all this as gavin me thought about what to do.
Yesterday i went to woodrige for a job application working with children and teenages with special needs.
I did that in the uk and i loved it working for scope.very rewarding.
Just need to do my cv now so paul said he will help me this weekend.
And this morring had my hair cut going again in 2 weeks to have highlights put in,
We keep getting cut off with bigpoud around 4.30 and 5pm.A man came monday fixed it but at 5pm get cut off again.

My sister phoned this morining told me my mum had her op and she at home inb bed fine so that good news,she going on holiday next week with sister and bother in law to the canies aslands so she be fine .

Plus she is caming around about caming out her for a holiday told her she can come for 10 weeks and she still can get her pension. hope so lol

Pauls job was fine he said but you now man

Thank you to all who as posted to me you are all mates

Take care love
Ann Marie
Old Sep 16th 2004, 1:38 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Glad you're feeling better today Ann-Marie, its amazing the difference a day can make isn't it

You're definitely not alone, but like others have said, just enjoy your free time... I'm sure in a couple of months you'll be wishing you had more of it!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

ok, so i have tears in my eyes chuckling at ann-maries post.Even i struggle to understand them, and we've been married eight and a half years lol. how the hell you lot understand her is beyond me.As i read it back to her tonight she also had tears in her eyes laughing but fair play to the girl for trying eh ?
Thank you to everyone's kind replies, they really do have an impact, little words of encouragement can go a long way to help fill those lonely hours.

Thank you.

Paul & Ann-Marie
Old Sep 17th 2004, 1:37 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Do all the things everyone has said. Oh and you could always host a tupperware party

Chin up, it comes in waves and each one gets you slightly less wet.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Chin up, it comes in waves and each one gets you slightly less wet.
Hevs, mate, that is such a perfect description......
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:20 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hevs, mate, that is such a perfect description......
fancy a surf dude?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.