HSBC vs HIFX !

Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:07 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC vs HIFX !

Having had a bank account and business banking with HSBC for years, im one of their greatest fans, well until yesterday.

Our bond was requested couple of weeks ago, and we transferred the funds to our HSBC account yesterday, Debs pre-empting the whole process diligantly, to send the required details, forms and money! to Oz

We are registered with HIFX, but had had quotes from HSBC and their prices were virtually the same, on the amount we wanted to transfer, namely $100k

We called HSBC yesterday morning, then called HIFX, and decided to opt in with HSBC, arranging to meet with the "guy" at 2pm yesterday....

... we dutifully arrived, having checked currency fluctuations etc etc etc by the minute ...

He took me and Debs , by the way hes a spotty gay lookin geek , "no offence to gay men" , to the end of the counter, NOT EVEN to a private area...

He began SCRUFFILY scribbling the transfer form, I wasnt impressed. But he then buggered off to get the 100k price for our transfer, hed given us a price of 2.54 1 hr earlier, the same nrly as HIFX.

He returned, me and debs had agreed we would agree the sum, and we would fill in the form properly before leaving, and promptly told us 2.5 $ ~>£ ARGGHHHHHH those of you with calculators know this is a HUGE difference !!!!!

I wasnt impressed, he scoffingly said THATS MARKET FLUCTUATIONS FOR YOU !!!!

FACT
I checked with 4 other sources after marching out of the bank, there was NO sudden drop in the funds or money markeys yesterday at that time, nor had their been with HSBC. THIS TWAT was stitching us up !!!!!!! Complaint letter is now winging its way to HSBC.
I was seething, the whole excitement of the Bond process now dulled by some arrogant greasy skinned spiky haired pimply gay fat prick !! ive removed offensive words..

We called HIFX on our return, spoke with ANdy, who we have dealt with and he reassured us the price was 2.54...

Sod it we said, although we trust them and have respected others comments on here, we had opted for HSBC as a simple case of "better the devil you know"

Our bond is electronically winging its way to HIFX as we speak and onward to OZ.

oh and incidentally, some spotty nosed gay lookin greasy skinned pimple NOODLE head is gonna get a shock too, I have CATEGORICALLY implied with proof, rate wise, he had tried stitching us up !!!

Moral of the story , keep your options open
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:09 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC

Thats disgusting! Hope he gets a rollicking!

Lucy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:12 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC

Originally posted by lucyb
Thats disgusting! Hope he gets a rollicking!

Lucy

Sure is and its the truth, im disgusted, there is no reason whatsoever for such a market drop.

Those extra 4c made a whopping difference of £629.93p

Im sure some on here must have had similar experience !

Oh and yeah would been great to hit 2.6 + etc lol but Fuqit u gotta bite the bullet at some point, jump the broomstick and just DO IT !
Old Jul 15th 2004, 7:56 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

..................and just to add to the tale, I bought a similar amount of currency through HIFX (Aus Branch) at the same time. With HIFX (UK) I was quoted 2.542 with HIFX (Aus) I got 2.557 1.5 cents difference. There was literally three minutes between the quotes and I was watching a 'live' price all the time on the pc........the price didnt fluctuate within those 3 minutes.

Whilst in the UK, I had thought the UK team at HIFX were too pushy and always saying this is the best price you will get this year etc. The Aus branch arent pushy at all, and are currently saying they see the rate nearer 2.7 than 2.5 for the near future.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 8:28 am
Banned

Originally posted by CadburysFingers
..................and just to add to the tale, I bought a similar amount of currency through HIFX (Aus Branch) at the same time. With HIFX (UK) I was quoted 2.542 with HIFX (Aus) I got 2.557 1.5 cents difference. There was literally three minutes between the quotes and I was watching a 'live' price all the time on the pc........the price didnt fluctuate within those 3 minutes.

Whilst in the UK, I had thought the UK team at HIFX were too pushy and always saying this is the best price you will get this year etc. The Aus branch arent pushy at all, and are currently saying they see the rate nearer 2.7 than 2.5 for the near future.

Lets HOPE SO !!!

Im quite happy with 2.54 rate we did our transaction at.

However if the rate goes up, its hoooooorayy cos we will get better return on funds after house sale, if we ever sell it.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 12:45 pm
Banned

OH AND ONE FINAL NAIL IN THE COFFIN FROM THIS OBNOXIOUS PRICK !!!

Just called HIFX to see if the monies have transferred succesfully, no sign of bank transfer from HSBC.

Checked account, still not been debited ALMOST 24 hours.

I am GONNA walk down now to my bank AND kill some SPOTTY FACED SPIKEY HAIRED GREASY SKINNED GAY LOOKIN BANK OFFICIAL...
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

I am GONNA walk down now to my bank AND kill some SPOTTY FACED SPIKEY HAIRED GREASY SKINNED GAY LOOKIN BANK OFFICIAL...
pmsl. top post mate.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:52 pm
Banned

Originally posted by The Hun
pmsl. top post mate.

LOL

I swear the following is accurate !!

Just back from Bank, I owe them 500 quid !!!

Reason: our interest in foreign exchange led their SPOTTY TWAT to get the rate 2.50 and somehow BOOK IT !!!( without our consent without our sayso without a signature, without it being recorded, without a request etc etc etc... and to add insult to injury... apparently now i CAN mysteriously appear and reappear at ease !!

According to HIM !! I left the bank, my wife in toe, she returned and booked the currency ! Hmmm whats that smell is it BULLSHIT!!

They are now saying I OWE THEM 500 spondoolies...

After gesturing the CLERKS lips and my fat sweaty ass, and suggesting the 2 french kiss !

I have left on the basis, we shall inform our solicitors of a TOTAL FARCICAL ARSE COVERING EPISODE !!! performed with OSCAR quality performance by HSBC

I am NOT amused, I am still shaking !!!! They have totally turned this episode of events round in an effort to protect the GEEK !

I have said GO FOR IT ! I have asked they DEMAND i owe them 500 quid in writing together with WRITTEN evidence we booked it.

LYING WANQAS
Old Jul 15th 2004, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

The Hun is on a distinguished road

LOL

Reason: our interest in foreign exchange led their SPOTTY TWAT to get the rate 2.50 and somehow BOOK IT !!!( without our consent without our sayso without a signature, without it being recorded, without a request etc etc etc... and to add insult to injury... apparently now i CAN mysteriously appear and reappear at ease !!

According to HIM !! I left the bank, my wife in toe, she returned and booked the currency ! Hmmm whats that smell is it BULLSHIT!!

After gesturing the CLERKS lips and my fat sweaty ass, and suggesting the 2 french kiss !

I have left on the basis, we shall inform our solicitors of a TOTAL FARCICAL ARSE COVERING EPISODE !!! performed with OSCAR quality performance by HSBC

I am NOT amused, I am still shaking !!!! They have totally turned this episode of events round in an effort to protect the GEEK !

I have said GO FOR IT ! I have asked they DEMAND i owe them 500 quid in writing together with WRITTEN evidence we booked it.

LYING WANQAS
Jeez, this is getting better, (or maybe worse for you). Typical of the banks though. Keep us posted.
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:02 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

We agree with you totally HSBC are CRAP!!!!!

Does this mean you will not be banking with HSBC in OZ (LOL) cause I am damn certain we are not either!!!

Hope everything gets sorted - LET EM HAVE IT!!!

Sam&Andy
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:10 pm
Banned

Just had phone call from AREA bank manager, im sure i could rearrange the letters to make a swear word PMSL.

He has apologised for the COFFUFFLE and no charges whatsoever will be pursued. They will be confirming this in writing.

I will scan and put copy on here in due course ! names witheld for legal reasons pmsl.

Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

LOL

LYING WANQAS

This is just what you need with all the other hassles and stresses of emmigrating!!!

It should be fun trying to see them prove you asked for it with no signature or anything!! t*ssers!!

Just a thought but if they are saying that your wife returned to agree the transaction, you are within your rights (in fact they MUST to provide it by law) to request a copy of the CCTV footage around that time of the day. I think you have to pay admin charges of £10 or so, but that will f**k'em up when your wife is no where to be seen around the time the clerk is saying she went in.

Dave
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Just had phone call from AREA bank manager, im sure i could rearrange the letters to make a swear word PMSL.

He has apologised for the COFFUFFLE and no charges whatsoever will be pursued. They will be confirming this in writing.

I will scan and put copy on here in due course ! names witheld for legal reasons pmsl.

Excellent!!!

You should demand compensation for stress cause by the whole episode
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:22 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice
Default Did you read the small print

But you are all forgetting those hidden clauses, buried deep in the small print.

Section 33 item 44(magnum)

HSBC will where required cause severe stress and hyperventilation.

(ii)Also Customer must bend down part ones cheeks whilst trying to grab your ankles.

(iii)Customer is always wrong even if they are right. Baffle cust with financial jargon and if need be pass them over to someone equally incompetent
Old Jul 15th 2004, 3:28 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BLOODY HELL!

Bloody hell Methinks I will be using HIFX for sure now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.