HSBC visacard

Old Feb 27th 2004, 9:25 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC visacard

There was a post a while ago asking if anyone had applied for this and we've finally almost been successful.

I applied back in November when I was still in the UK, hoping I'd have them in time for coming here.

At the end of January, having heard nothing, Jim phoned them up and they were waiting for us to put a hold on money in our account equal to the credit limit. They weren't going to tell us that, though, unless we asked. We went into the bank to put a hold on the money, made sure our address had been changed on the application and were told our cards would arrive in two weeks.

Yesterday, Jim phoned to ask where the cards were. They are in England. We've now cancelled them and are expecting new ones to arrive here.

So, if you want credit cards before you come here, apply well in advance and chase them up if you don't hear anything.

Jane