Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HSBC Question again.......!!

Wikiposts

HSBC Question again.......!!

Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future
Default HSBC Question again.......!!

Hi there,
HSBC question again!!!(sorry!!)
Can someone who has received their new Australian bank account details, let me know how long it took from sending off International Money Order, to receiving your cards etc.?
I am a little concerned as I sent my $2000 off with all the requested paper work just over a week ago, I thought I would be able to tell when the money got there because it would be taken from my account but, having checked my online banking (Barclays) and then speaking to someone about it at the bank, it turns out that the money order is like sending cash and the bank has no way of tracking it.(!!!!)
It should have been sent DHL but the secretary at work sent it recorded by mistake which just tracks it as far as it leaving the country.
If anyone has a number or e-mail address of anyone helpful at the Sydney HSBC HQ I would be grateful.
Old Aug 8th 2004, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC Question again.......!!

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Hi there,
Can someone who has received their new Australian bank account details, let me know how long it took from sending off International Money Order, to receiving your cards etc.?
I am a little concerned as I sent my $2000 off with all the requested paper work just over a week ago, I thought I would be able to tell when the money got there because it would be taken from my account but, having checked my online banking (Barclays) and then speaking to someone about it at the bank, it turns out that the money order is like sending cash and the bank has no way of tracking it.(!!!!)
It should have been sent DHL but the secretary at work sent it recorded by mistake which just tracks it as far as it leaving the country.
If anyone has a number or e-mail address of anyone helpful at the Sydney HSBC HQ I would be grateful.

Hi Tina. if no one has replied by the time i get home from work, i'll try and dig out an e-mail address that you can write to, as i have all that info at home.

In the meantime, although we did it a bit different to you, i.e. we opened the account whilst we were in Australia, once they were in receipt of our $2,000, it took about 2-3 weeks for all the cards, pin numbers, etc to be sent to us.

Someone else no doubt may be able to advise you on international money orders.

I hope everything turns out ok
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Troood will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tina Baker
Hi there,
Hi there

Don't panick - we sent all ours off, standard post etc and it took about 3 weeks for our bank statement and pin numbers etc to arrive in the UK. I'm sure yours will come through soon enough - just give it a few more weeks.
Old Aug 9th 2004, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Tina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant futureTina Baker has a brilliant future

Thanks for these replies - I appreciate it.......... I can't believe that the bank cannot track these things! I will try to chill for abit!