Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HSBC Australia - UK Address

HSBC Australia - UK Address

Old Aug 30th 2016, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute
Default HSBC Australia - UK Address

Hi,

Any experiences; are they fine with leaving the day to day\Flex Saver accounts open while overseas for a couple of years?

Will they allow a change of address to a UK address online for postage received, also can you do this online?

Just spoke to them, they say that you must leave a residential Australian address on the account, is this just a formality?

Thanks for any feedback..
Old Aug 30th 2016, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Rhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond reputeRhubarb65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSBC Australia - UK Address

Hi there,

I have day-to-day and flex-saver accounts with HSBC Au and have just changed my account settings to receive online statements and notifications - I think that the default when you establish accounts is postal statements and notifications. I don't know if you,can change your address to a non-Australian one, sorry. If it is any help, I do have an HSBC UK account with my Australian residential address, so it would appear to be possible.
Old Aug 30th 2016, 11:07 pm
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

HSBC are one of the more flexible banks for this - they advertise as the "global bank" . I have accounts in both countries at my address in Oz
However the Australian arm is serious poor in the service department. Assuming you have set up the account with internet access just opt for statements and notifications by email. Don't accept the line that you must have a residential address in Oz - wasn't the case when HSBC set up my Australian accounts from the UK and not what they advertise.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

I recently changed my PO box to be closer to where I live and that was all done online.

They don't have my Oz residential add as I don't want anything to go their for security reasons.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 11:21 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure why they require you to have an OZ address if they set up accounts for non-residents as well. Maybe it's just a question of changing your residency status with them?