Reload this Page >

HSBC aus bank account

Wikiposts

HSBC aus bank account

Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSBC aus bank account

HSBC seems to have good reviews from you all in oz. Did you apply for the on line savings account - just been checking it out at their website?

Thanks
Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Applied on line........took all the verification into the local branch.......easy peasy
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Sandra

Applying now!
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Jamesy
Thanks Sandra

Applying now!

remember to print off the pages
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

Will do! Thanks again
Old Mar 19th 2004, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Applied on line........took all the verification into the local branch.......easy peasy
How long did it take to get the stuff in the post?? I have been sent my acc number but i have details on how to access my account online or anything else, its been 2 weeks now.?
Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:31 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by itsasecret
How long did it take to get the stuff in the post?? I have been sent my acc number but i have details on how to access my account online or anything else, its been 2 weeks now.?
Do you have your Personal Banking Number (PBN) & Personal Identification Number (PIN) yet ?

Once you get these, you can log on at http://www.hsbc.com.au/

Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

I open one when i got here as i run out of time back home, i just handed over $2000 and filled in the info they needed, used ,my passport and driving licence and i think they took a copy of credit card i had and that was it, i was staying with relatives so used there address to get items sent like pins, card etc and also statements when they arrive.

But i did wait very long and nothing was coming and they said did i not have card yet, so after giving them a call it was sorted asap and i got everything soon after.

But what i want to know is would it be worth it and can i keep this account open when i leave oz as i would find it maybe usefull to have maybe in future if i did come to stay or holidays etc.

I have a usa bank account so having a oz one would be cool too, i suppose if i made the account active like taking money out or putting money in, there is nothing i suppose they could do? and my statement would go to relatives which they could send on to me when they arrive which i requested every 6 months but you get to pick what or how often you like them sent.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

HSBC provide a goood service but there are downsides to them:

When we arrived and bought large items we found out the card they provide is only good for up to $1000! Useless if you are re-furnishing your house.

When we bought a car we had to drive 80k to and from Brisbane to get a bankers cheque made up. We couldn't transfer a large amount any other way.

We applied to increase the daily limit on the card but $1000 is the highest.

We did get a visa but had to deposit $10 000 in a deposit account for 6 months, to get a limit of 10 000. After 6-12 months they review it.

They also did not send us the pin numbers for the EFTPOS card, so we had no way of buying anything here for 4 weeks after we arrived. Also we couldnt get cash out. You need to put in a PIN when you purchase anything in the shops, you dont sign like in the UK. We had to use our UK visas.

We have kept the account as the interest is great, but we have opened a Suncorp account here which is virtually free if you keep a minimum amount in it.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 12:54 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by brian.w
I open one when i got here as i run out of time back home, i just handed over $2000 and filled in the info they needed, used ,my passport and driving licence and i think they took a copy of credit card i had and that was it, i was staying with relatives so used there address to get items sent like pins, card etc and also statements when they arrive.

But i did wait very long and nothing was coming and they said did i not have card yet, so after giving them a call it was sorted asap and i got everything soon after.

But what i want to know is would it be worth it and can i keep this account open when i leave oz as i would find it maybe usefull to have maybe in future if i did come to stay or holidays etc.

I have a usa bank account so having a oz one would be cool too, i suppose if i made the account active like taking money out or putting money in, there is nothing i suppose they could do? and my statement would go to relatives which they could send on to me when they arrive which i requested every 6 months but you get to pick what or how often you like them sent.
I kept my bank account I had from the WHV when I left Oz. I just kept on giving them my new address. It came in very handy because I needed it to setup an INGDirect savings account. I also used it to wire money into when I came out a second time. Just watch the charges.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 1:43 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by tinaj
HSBC provide a goood service but there are downsides to them:

When we arrived and bought large items we found out the card they provide is only good for up to $1000! Useless if you are re-furnishing your house.
I thought that the $1,000 daily limit was only for ATM Cash withrawals. (For security reasons)

If using your card to pay at a shop, by EFTPOS, that limit doesn't apply.

Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

No we checked this out you can only purchase from a shop up to $1000. When we bought our fridge etc we had to draw out money to pay for it! Apparently this is a standard level for Aus.
Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by tinaj
No we checked this out you can only purchase from a shop up to $1000. When we bought our fridge etc we had to draw out money to pay for it! Apparently this is a standard level for Aus.
Their Product Disclosure Statement on page 9 states that ATM's have a limit of $1,000 per day, but does not have the same note on EFTPOS transactions.

I was going to say that I have done transactions above $1,000, but on checking, the only ones above $1,000 have been by BPAY.

Everything else is paid on Credit Cards.

It's an interesting point that you have brought up, and may be worth bringing to the attention of HSBC, so that they can publicise it better. Especially as their Product Disclosure Statement seems to disagree with the information they have given you.

From what you have said, it sounds like all Aus Banks are the same ?

Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:42 pm
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Their Product Disclosure Statement on page 9 states that ATM's have a limit of $1,000 per day, but does not have the same note on EFTPOS transactions.

I was going to say that I have done transactions above $1,000, but on checking, the only ones above $1,000 have been by BPAY.

Everything else is paid on Credit Cards.

It's an interesting point that you have brought up, and may be worth bringing to the attention of HSBC, so that they can publicise it better. Especially as their Product Disclosure Statement seems to disagree with the information they have given you.

From what you have said, it sounds like all Aus Banks are the same ?
I think its an EFTPOS thing, not HSBC. Harvey Normans told us that there was a $1000 daily limit on EFTPOS.

Jane
Old Mar 19th 2004, 2:46 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone know the daily limit on the St George Visa Debit card that is similiar to the ones offered in the UK?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.