Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

HSBC account - Easy to open!

HSBC account - Easy to open!

Old Mar 12th 2004, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future
Default HSBC account - Easy to open!

Hi
You don't need to panic about opening an AUS online HSBC account whilst in the UK.
I went into the HSBC branch in Brisbane the day I after I arrived armed with my passport, my photo driving license and A$2000 (initial deposit). Hey presto I will have an account open within 7 days. Because we are in a hotel until we get a rental, the bank says they will arrange for the ATM cards and pin numbers to be picked up from the branch.
We have brought some cash with us. Also we have used our Barclays UK atm card here. If you have a Barclays UK account, you can withdraw cash from Westpac atms withput incurring a charge.
Its that easy!!!!!
Hope this helps
regards
Nick
Old Mar 12th 2004, 3:18 pm
Next stop Gold coast

plumber is an unknown quantity at this point

opened a HSBC account in oz , no problem . Just contacted my bank here in the uk and they organized it......piece of cake , all they required was $1000. deposit.

all the best plum
Old Mar 12th 2004, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light
Default What about internet banking

Can we access via the web in the same way we can from here for internet banking??

Tracey