Hr licence?

Old Sep 18th 2009, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Hr licence?

Hey All

Just wondering if any of you guys have gone about getting a hr licence since you arrived down under. What are the requirements? Am I right in thinking you only need a c class licence for 12 months and do they take into account your driving experience from home?

If you have gone about it do you have to take many lessons and is the test hard?? Any help would be great.

Thanks Paddy
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

POW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nicePOW148 is just really nice
Default Re: Hr licence?

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey All

Just wondering if any of you guys have gone about getting a hr licence since you arrived down under. What are the requirements? Am I right in thinking you only need a c class licence for 12 months and do they take into account your driving experience from home?

If you have gone about it do you have to take many lessons and is the test hard?? Any help would be great.

Thanks Paddy
Hi Paddy

I just got my HR licence earlier on this year. I held a HGV2 licence in the UK but never bothered to get a truck licence when I first arrived.

Different states have different rules in regards to previous driving experience. I believe WA allows you to transfer what licence you held in the UK into a WA Driving licence. I came to ACT and had to resit my car driving test. I later had to sit my Motorbike test.

I now live in NSW and last year work decided I had to have a HR licence so they organised for my lessons and paid for my test. I had approx 10 lessons of approx 2-3 hr duration and a couple of 4 to 5 hours. I passed my test first time, work even paid for my new HR licence. We have our own truck and driving instructor at work so everything was done in work time.

I have a mate who is a truck driver and he reckons to get an HR licence through normal systems would cost in the region of $8 to $10K.

Good luck with it all.

Barney
Old Sep 18th 2009, 11:53 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hr licence?

Despite having my class 1 for 21 years i had to re-take
my test to add HC to my licence last week.
It cost me $1380 for 3 lessons with the test as a final 30 min assessment.
This was the first truck driving I've done in oz & I had to do a simple knowledge test at the rta(which you can practise online) first. The rta said I couldn't go straight to HC without doing 12
months on a HR but I showed the manager my uk license & he manually overrode the system, which was nice.