Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

spondy atwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hows This For A Quick House Sale

Advertised house Friday 19th March
Sold to first viewer Sunday 21st March Cash sale

Now all we need now are the visas

Meds reached Adelaide 3 weeks ago on Monday 29th March

Needed to go to Sydney as My wife was cat B med For problems 9 years ago with her leg and 3 years ago suffered a DVT in the same leg
I hope its not too long now

Please hurry DMIA
Old Mar 27th 2004, 1:48 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hows This For A Quick House Sale

hiya spondy atwood,

congrats on the house sale, & cash too
Now it's just the waiting game.

Oh well stiff upper lip & all that
Alternatively, have a good drink for doing all the hard work, book a holiday to see all the places you wonted too and have a goo time.

Bye
Mark

Last edited by markeh; Mar 27th 2004 at 1:51 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2004, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Spondy,

congratulations on the house sale!!!

You've beaten us by 2 days, we got the asking price after 4 days on the market - FTB'S, had surveyor 'round yesterday and agents say we should be out in6 wks!!!

No visa yet tho'.:scared:

Good luck with the rest of your journey!!!
Old Mar 27th 2004, 7:57 pm
G&T
Just Joined

G&T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, I have got my visa and have just had an offer for our house. FTB so hopefully should not be long! I have been offered a job in Perth and hubby in perth now doing tests for aussie fire service, hope he gets in! If he does will be moving to perth in July 2004.
Regards G&T
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic news! Did you sell it thro an estate agent or yourselves? We are trying to sell ours on the web initially
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:14 pm
G&T
Just Joined

Hi Jamesy, We sold ours through estate agents, but they only charge £850 whereas some charge £1500. Have you got your visa and where are you planning to live in oz.
Regards G&T
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi G & T

Well we had a quote from an agent at 1.5% commission, with VAT I caluculated thats going to be £4,500 nearly!! Seems a lot of dosh for a smarmy estate agent to put a couple of ads in the local paper, so thought we have nothing to lose at trying to sell it ourselves. Plan to go to ADelaide, how about you?
Old Mar 27th 2004, 8:24 pm
G&T
Just Joined

Hi Jamesy, We are moving to Perth (Fremantle) as i have been offered job at the Fremantle hospital. Just come back from oz, went to get visa validated. It was my first time in Australia and absolutely fell in love with the place, cried when it was time to go home and can not wait to go and live there. Kids loved it too and also want to live there.
Regards G&T
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:02 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi,

Well done you guys for getting such quick sales!

I'm about to get the estate agent in, to put my house on the market. I'm not going to Adelaide till September though, and some of my friends and colleagues have suggested holding on for a while as prices still seem to be going up round this way.

Also, if I get a quick sale I've got longer to languish in temporary accommodation, either paying rent out of my Aus dosh or bunking in with my mum in her little flat.

Any advice? I know none of us are psychic and there's no telling what will happen with the house market or my potential buyers, but what would you do?

Elaine M
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:22 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi,

Well done you guys for getting such quick sales!

I'm about to get the estate agent in, to put my house on the market. I'm not going to Adelaide till September though, and some of my friends and colleagues have suggested holding on for a while as prices still seem to be going up round this way.

Also, if I get a quick sale I've got longer to languish in temporary accommodation, either paying rent out of my Aus dosh or bunking in with my mum in her little flat.

Any advice? I know none of us are psychic and there's no telling what will happen with the house market or my potential buyers, but what would you do?

Elaine M
yor not really paying rent out of my Aus dosh .
you would be paying your mortgage if you didnt sell at the mo.
and its a good way of getting rid of the junk you wont take with you. you will be shocked when you find out how long it takes to get rid of it lol
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:29 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Soapy,

Tell me about it! I've taken stacks of paper for recycling and loads of stuff to the tip or the charity shop already, and I've only just started to get ruthless!

The thing is that if I hang on, as I'm overpaying my mortgage every month knocks a little bit more off the outstanding balance and possibly increases the price I can get for the house, giving me more in my pocket to go with, whereas renting round here will cost me as much as my mortgage, and have the opposite effect.

But maybe there's not much in it and at least I'm free to go as soon as I'm ready if the house is cleared and sold.

The other complication is that my daughter and her baby live with me now and I need to make sure she has somewhere to move into, in the same timescale.

Elaine M
Old Mar 27th 2004, 11:36 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Elaine M
Hi Soapy,

Tell me about it! I've taken stacks of paper for recycling and loads of stuff to the tip or the charity shop already, and I've only just started to get ruthless!

The thing is that if I hang on, as I'm overpaying my mortgage every month knocks a little bit more off the outstanding balance and possibly increases the price I can get for the house, giving me more in my pocket to go with, whereas renting round here will cost me as much as my mortgage, and have the opposite effect.

But maybe there's not much in it and at least I'm free to go as soon as I'm ready if the house is cleared and sold.

The other complication is that my daughter and her baby live with me now and I need to make sure she has somewhere to move into, in the same timescale.

Elaine M
ah so its not that easy.
i would go for the rental idea then, cos when the visas are in you have a lot more than the rest of us to think about.
we put the house up for sale first(b4 visas granted). then we got them the next week.
but i would be going mad if i now had to put the house up. cos if buyers pull out, its longer till aus.
its a hard call. do whatever your heart sez. in the end it will be right.
it really all depends on how quick u wanna get to aus.

Last edited by soapy©; Mar 27th 2004 at 11:38 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2004, 12:01 am

Thanks Soapy,

You're right, it's not that easy in this situation.

I'm definitely not going to Adelaide until September, I graduate from my MBA course in July and I'm not missing that (my only chance to do the whole cap and gown bit as I didn't go to Uni after school!).

Also my daughters get their GCSE and A level results respectively in August so I want to wait until they've got their results and make sure they're both able to pursue the career paths they're currently planning before I go off to the other side of the world.

I think I probably will put the house on the market now, knowing my luck my house will be the slowest selling house in history!!

We'll just have to see how it goes I guess - I always thought this stage would be so exciting but it seems as fraught with difficulties as the rest of my visa application has been.

Elaine M
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

stefian is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Spondy atwood on a very quick sale.

Ours has been doing our heads in. We got our 4 year temporary Visa's on the 19th Dec, and have had our house up for sale since October thinking we would sell quick. Now with our visa ticking away we have finally got a buyer. It's now all systems go. It is going to take me ages to shift all the rubbish we are not taking, but at least we are in time now for car boots so we can perhaps make a bit of cash out of it all

Elaine M it is a catch 22 situation as to what to do. We held off until the last minute to sell thinking we would sell straight away, the process would take us to Christmas when our Visa's were due and Jan we would go, but this was not to be. Having said that we were selling at the wrong time of year. The market is picking up. We have ended up selling for a song, but wehad to cut our losses, my husband has a job waiting for him, and the people buying have no chain, so it means we can go in about 6-8 weeks rather than 3 months or more.

Just go with your gut feeling, just make sure you go with a really good estate agent who you know will push you property because of your situation, we had this problem and changed estate agents 2 weeks ago and sold within a week and half with them.

Good luck
Stephx

Party 5 weeks
Brisbane 6-8 weeks
Old Mar 28th 2004, 9:19 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally posted by stefian
Congratulations Spondy atwood on a very quick sale.

Ours has been doing our heads in. We got our 4 year temporary Visa's on the 19th Dec, and have had our house up for sale since October thinking we would sell quick. Now with our visa ticking away we have finally got a buyer. It's now all systems go. It is going to take me ages to shift all the rubbish we are not taking, but at least we are in time now for car boots so we can perhaps make a bit of cash out of it all

Good luck
Stephx

Party 5 weeks
Brisbane 6-8 weeks
good luck steph.
the car boot sale is a great idea. but watch out for the traders. as soon as we parkerd the car they swarmed us. make sure u have plenty of help.

party 11april
sydney 18th

saopy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.