Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hows the new job going Pollyana?

Hows the new job going Pollyana?

Old Jan 6th 2004, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hows the new job going Pollyana?

Hows it going Polly?
Is your head spinning?
Gawd, I am going to have to work again soon.
Good luck

Whisky
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Whisky, thanks for asking!
Its really good fun actually - everyone has made me really welcome, even though I seem to spend a lot of time saying "I'm sorry, I'm new, I don't know the answer!"
Guys keep coming round to my desk to see that I'm ok, and telling me I should take more coffee breaks (some things ARE different from the UK !!). Its a lovely relaxed atmosphere, and if it goes on like this I shall be really happy. Strange being back at work, after 3 months doing nowt (expect a bit of part-time post sorting), but nice to be doing something useful again.

And the only person who has called me a pom so far? A Scotsman! I've had lots of people talking to me about the UK, being really interested, and no anti-pom indications at all. mind you that could be because the last girl made a real hash of the job (hence a very large mess for me to sort out!!)!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

cookies is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear its going well for you Pollyana - hopefully something will come for me in the next week or so. I've had enough of the stay at home thing and looking after the kids. I much prefer the easier life and escape for some peace and quiet at work.

Steve
Old Jan 6th 2004, 8:53 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Never mind the job, how are plans for the wedding coming along. I want to hear as many details as possible before Chris and I are offline. We will only get occasional internet access after mid Jan so I will miss the build up.
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:01 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Wish I could miss the build up too!( only kidding!!). Very impressed that I am getting a week off around the wedding, AND a week off for the honeymoon, with no complaints at work! Used to get more hassle than that booking a half-day off to be able to visit the doctor in the UK!

Never fear Donna, the pictures will be here when you manage to get online. Meantime, while the Bloke's family seem to be working themselves into a stressed frenzy, we are quite relaxed over the whole thing! Worst bit is the fact that the temp residence visa has to be applied for at once after the big day, so its back to the form filling and JP-hunting!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 9:10 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Wish I could miss the build up too!( only kidding!!). Very impressed that I am getting a week off around the wedding, AND a week off for the honeymoon, with no complaints at work! Used to get more hassle than that booking a half-day off to be able to visit the doctor in the UK!

Never fear Donna, the pictures will be here when you manage to get online. Meantime, while the Bloke's family seem to be working themselves into a stressed frenzy, we are quite relaxed over the whole thing! Worst bit is the fact that the temp residence visa has to be applied for at once after the big day, so its back to the form filling and JP-hunting!
Your not planning to use your broomstick as transport for the big event, I hope. I read somewhere the other day that travelling on a broomstick, was like holding onto a jet flying 500 miles per hr. Is that correct?
Old Jan 6th 2004, 10:56 am
Home and Happy

Hmm, did think about using the broomstick, but my best mate is giving me away and he's a pilot so I'm hoping he'll turn up with a little Airbus or something......
As for the feeling, well I'd estimate 495 mph, but then I did ahve a lot of cuddly toys on board!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:00 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollyanna,
You're not by any chance looking for an apprentice?
My 5 year old has decided she wants to be a witch having decided an Elf is a bit seasonal for her liking!

Michaela
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:10 am
Home and Happy

Hi Michaela!
Has she got the "Room on a broom" book? The one the picture comes from that I've posted a couple of times? tell her to learn the book off by heart (good start), and get herself a familiar (I have a cuddly snake, my First Apprentice- 3 yr old niece has an imaginary dog called Gnasher, that sort of thing), then buy her a nice big hat and a broom, and I'll consider her as Second Apprentice!!! Sweet!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:14 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollyanna,
I think shes halfway there, room on a broom and silly Tilly Witch are her favourite reads, she has a dog called Itchy who goes where she goes and she regularly flies my broom around the house. Just the hat then!

Michaela
Old Jan 6th 2004, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Sounds like she'll do well!! My little niece is followed everywhere by "Gnasher" - except that every couple of weeks he goes "away on the bus on holiday, Aunty, you should know that by now". And when that happens, his place is taken by Scooby Doo!!!
Old Jan 6th 2004, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Pollyana
Hiya Whisky, thanks for asking!
Its really good fun actually - everyone has made me really welcome, even though I seem to spend a lot of time saying "I'm sorry, I'm new, I don't know the answer!"
Guys keep coming round to my desk to see that I'm ok, and telling me I should take more coffee breaks (some things ARE different from the UK !!). Its a lovely relaxed atmosphere, and if it goes on like this I shall be really happy. Strange being back at work, after 3 months doing nowt (expect a bit of part-time post sorting), but nice to be doing something useful again.

And the only person who has called me a pom so far? A Scotsman! I've had lots of people talking to me about the UK, being really interested, and no anti-pom indications at all. mind you that could be because the last girl made a real hash of the job (hence a very large mess for me to sort out!!)!
Any jobs going Pollyanna. Would just love to have loads of males hanging round my desk!!

sandra
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:53 pm
Home and Happy

I'll let you know Sandra! Most of the guys aren't really what you'd describe as dishy, but at least they have a good sense of humour, and put up with me saying "give me a chance, I'm a pom and I'm new!"
Old Jan 6th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Polly..has the MIL simmered down yet?