Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Hows this for a business opportunity when you arrive?

Hows this for a business opportunity when you arrive?

Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Hows this for a business opportunity when you arrive?

I watched a doco on Discovery channel last night.

I don't know if any of you have ever thought about this, but i sure hadn't!!

When someone commits suicide or a murder has taken place, who cleans up the mess??

Apparently in USA, the owner of the property or the family have to do it!!!!!!!

It had never occurred to me before, but what an awful thing to have to deal with!! I do not know if it is the same here in Oz, but this guy in Boston has set up a company called Scene Clean. He and his staff have the gruesome job of cleaning up the crime scene and removing body parts, blood and body fluids so that health hazards are avoided. It was a very difficult programme to watch but incredibly interesting at the same time.

So.. does anyone know if the same rules apply in Oz after a death... who cleans up?...i always presumed it was the police but not so in America.

And...... how many would be up for the job and prepared to make a business out of it??????!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:38 pm
Badge

Default Re: Hows this for a business opportunity when you arrive?

I've set up the ABN, Company name and registered the website.

And booked myself in for a weekly AIDS test.

(Presumably if it was a crime scene he would have to wait)

Badge

Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:40 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by podgypossum
I watched a doco on Discovery channel last night.

I don't know if any of you have ever thought about this, but i sure hadn't!!

When someone commits suicide or a murder has taken place, who cleans up the mess??

Apparently in USA, the owner of the property or the family have to do it!!!!!!!

It had never occurred to me before, but what an awful thing to have to deal with!! I do not know if it is the same here in Oz, but this guy in Boston has set up a company called Scene Clean. He and his staff have the gruesome job of cleaning up the crime scene and removing body parts, blood and body fluids so that health hazards are avoided. It was a very difficult programme to watch but incredibly interesting at the same time.

So.. does anyone know if the same rules apply in Oz after a death... who cleans up?...i always presumed it was the police but not so in America.

And...... how many would be up for the job and prepared to make a business out of it??????!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:
Why?

Are you planning on bumping someone off and need help cleaning up
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:42 pm
WBB

Originally posted by Jack Daws
Why?

Are you planning on bumping someone off and need help cleaning up
that would make an interesting thread!!!!!!!

who (off this forum) would you bump off if you had a chance?

Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Originally posted by badgersmount
I've set up the ABN, Company name and registered the website.

And booked myself in for a weekly AIDS test.

(Presumably if it was a crime scene he would have to wait)

Badge

ABN?????

One crime scene they visited was a petrol station robbery where someone went in and shot two teenagers working there. They both survived, but one of the boys had part of his liver blown out and there was a terrible mess in the shop...the owner of the station was too damn tight to pay for the clean up service, he asked anohter young lad who worked there, and was also friends with the victims, to go get a mop and bucket and clean up the mess for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 14th 2004, 11:46 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
that would make an interesting thread!!!!!!!

who (off this forum) would you bump off if you had a chance?

I think Noelf is trying to get me bumped off

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...86#post1306086
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:03 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by podgypossum
ABN?????
Australian Business Number. You need one to set up a business

Nice thread. Gets the mind working

Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:20 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

Nice thread. Gets the mind working
Not nice at all! I opened it up & then had to close it in a big hurry half way through Podgys post when I got to the bit about body parts cos I was eating my lunch! LOL

Podgy, I dont really know the answer, I know there is a victims of crime support group up here in Qld. A good family friends young son got murdered in their home quite a few years ago now (anyone whos been in Australia long enough would remember it - horrendous crime), Im pretty sure that that group helped them out with stuff like that after it happened, but I couldnt tell you the details.

Billy, can we make a shortlist?
Old Mar 15th 2004, 1:26 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Not nice at all! I opened it up & then had to close it in a big hurry half way through Podgys post when I got to the bit about body parts cos I was eating my lunch! LOL
I can read about these things, (The TV conditions you ! ), but in a real situation . . . ?

My 1st wife donated blood once, and I was going to drive her home, but when I saw the cotton wool where they put the needle in, I felt faint. She had to drive after all

Old Mar 15th 2004, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw a similiar program in UK (possibly same one) did it have the one where the girl shot her brains out in the bath?

I think cleaning the body parts would be OK, not sure about the decomposed bodies though, one of the ones on program I saw the body had decomposed and was soaking into the mattress place was full of maggots and flies.

Best go have some breakfast now. I know I said I wouldnt post anymore but I am weaning myself off, can you get patches? The forum should come with a health warning.