Reload this Page >

Howard Tiz=pommie Bastard

Howard Tiz=pommie Bastard

Old Sep 14th 2002, 10:52 am
akq
Forum Regular

akq is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Howard Tiz=pommie Bastard

for those of you who haven't figured this obvious fact out yet, these 2 are one and the same. Both sad negative idiotic whingeing morons.
Do not respond to either of them and make our lives that little bit easier.
Tegan
Old Sep 14th 2002, 12:54 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howard Tiz=pommie Bastard

Originally posted by akq:
for those of you who haven't figured this obvious fact out yet, these 2 are one and the same. Both sad negative idiotic whingeing morons.
Do not respond to either of them and make our lives that little bit easier.
Tegan
Come on don't be nasty in less time than you think, you will become the same as us , all POMs do .
The moderator sent me this kind note thought you would like it.

"I think you have valuable information to give to the potential migratees on these pages."

Best Wishes

Old Sep 14th 2002, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Korma is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard:

Come on don't be nasty in less time than you think, you will become the same as us , all POMs do .
The moderator sent me this kind note thought you would like it.

"I think you have valuable information to give to the potential migratees on these pages."

Best Wishes

You just don`t give up do you? People come onto this site to ask civil questions and you tell them they are loosers and dreamers amongst other derogatory remarks, we know you`re not happy OK!! You`ve told us once too often, the way you put your point over is very damning, even when people say they are happy in Australia you over rule them, as if you are ** right! People can be happy in Australia, they may not be looking for what you have been looking for, obviously you are the dreamer ************* (Edited by moderator) :scared:
Old Sep 14th 2002, 3:42 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Korma:

You just don`t give up do you? People come onto this site to ask civil questions and you tell them they are loosers and dreamers amongst other derogatory remarks, we know you`re not happy OK!! You`ve told us once too often, the way you put your point over is very damning, even when people say they are happy in Australia you over rule them, as if you are ** right! People can be happy in Australia, they may not be looking for what you have been looking for, obviously you are the dreamer ********!:scared:
Look out here come the insults, very constructive.

Keep up the posts PB, they are entertaining & stimulate debate.

Yes folks people do go out there, hate it & return home. I think the term is "boomerang migrants".

As for me - I have spent a lot of time in WA over the years and I know I won't be returning to the UK.
Old Sep 14th 2002, 5:49 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by Korma:

You just don`t give up do you? People come onto this site to ask civil questions and you tell them they are loosers and dreamers amongst other derogatory remarks, we know you`re not happy OK!! You`ve told us once too often, the way you put your point over is very damning, even when people say they are happy in Australia you over rule them, as if you are ** right! People can be happy in Australia, they may not be looking for what you have been looking for, obviously you are the dreamer ************* (Edited by moderator) :scared:
It’s a pity you don't heed your own advice korma.

How I “love� these posts telling another "to p** off" (Korma's original message was edited, it did say say P... off when I read it... it has now been edited by a mod ) and in his/her's same breath saying PB's the derogative one... never ceases to amaze me the ironicy of it.
cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 14th 2002 at 6:56 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2002, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by renth:

Keep up the posts PB, they are entertaining & stimulate debate.

Entertaining ???????? What planet are you on ?

PB at best is a nuisance and an attention-seeking troll. At worst he could seriously undermine the confidence of a potential migrant who knew no better.

I've been to Australia several times. My wife is Australian. A lot of my family live in Australia. Because of this I know that most of the stuff written by PB is total bullshit.

What about somebody who'd never been ? What about somebody who was a little nervous about making such a big step in their lives ? What damage would the likes of PB be doing to their confidence.

There are people on this forum who constructively point out all the pitfalls of moving to Australia. Their input is much appreciated. PB is not one of them. For this reason alone his posts should be moderated. If the moderator really is encouraging PB then he/she is not doing their job.
Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:20 pm
ndaltonb

Default Note from Moderator

Hi Nick,

As one of the moderators have to jump in here.

Paul and I have been receiving a number of requests re moderating posts recently (and not just PB's). We have discussed our various options but don't want this newsgroup to become overly moderated.

With respect to PB in particular, the recent poll shows that 46% of the members of this group believe that "Pommie Bastard tells it straight, he might lack a few diplomatic skills but he's honest". Based on these numbers, we have no justification to moderate only his posts.

In addition, we have decided to take the view that whilst we may personally disagree with anyones post, we do defend their right to say it UNLESS it is racist, abusive, off-topic, spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).

Finally, not too sure what is meant by "encouraging PB". The actualy quote was "I think you have valuable information to give to the potential migratees on these pages." This is true in that PB is in Aus providing with his point of view. It may not agree with the view of others. however it does not mean it is untrue. We encourage all posts.

Hope this clears this up for the time being and I will be posting a generall call for comments on the level of moderating in general later.

Nigel db

Originally posted by etlniwd:
For this reason alone his posts should be moderated. If the moderator really is encouraging PB then he/she is not doing their job.

Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:34 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Entertaining ???????? What planet are you on ?

PB at best is a nuisance and an attention-seeking troll. At worst he could seriously undermine the confidence of a potential migrant who knew no better.

I've been to Australia several times. My wife is Australian. A lot of my family live in Australia. Because of this I know that most of the stuff written by PB is total bullshit.

What about somebody who'd never been ? What about somebody who was a little nervous about making such a big step in their lives ? What damage would the likes of PB be doing to their confidence.

There are people on this forum who constructively point out all the pitfalls of moving to Australia. Their input is much appreciated. PB is not one of them. For this reason alone his posts should be moderated. If the moderator really is encouraging PB then he/she is not doing their job.
Pb has not personally attacked anyone.
And personally, speaking as a someone who actually lives in Australia... he does speak a lot of truth. Maybe, he does go overboard sometimes...but it's his "personal view"

"Living and visiting" a country are two different things... My parent's are Irish born and bred, but I don't pretend to know Ireland like an Irish born, brought up person does, (I’m Welsh born). so what makes you think that you know Australia? Come on...that's absolutely ridiculous; you're speaking as a visitor and second-hand experiences.

There's a huge difference in visiting and residing in a country.
You can't compare visiting to residing.
cheers

P.S
just a quick note ... that poll could be higher , or lower... a lot of people don't participate in polls... I thought it was irrelevant, and a bit immature to single out a person.... I didn't vote
Anyway if that's the case, counting votes. add another vote on that poll from me , to keep PB.

cheers

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 14th 2002 at 6:45 pm.
Old Sep 14th 2002, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Note from Moderator

[SIZE=1]Originally posted by ndaltonb:
Hi Nick,

As one of the moderators have to jump in here.

UNLESS it is racist, abusive, off-topic, spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude).
You can't get much more 'off-topic' than PB.

This forum is supposed to offer advice to people planning to emigrate to Australia and New Zealand and to enable discussion about this subject.

I could quote from his posts but I can't be bothered. If you search back you will find that he has a habit of pasting news stories of horrific or depressing events that have happened in Australia. His posts are neither balanced or informative. Please tell me why this is not 'off-topic'.

I use this forum less and less. It used to be a mine of useful information. It is now little more than a sounding board for a single disturbed individual.
Old Sep 14th 2002, 8:50 pm
ndaltonb

Hi Nick,

On trying to be balanced myself, there are quite a few posts that are off topic . Personally I don't agree with the posting of newspaper articles, however they are informative postings in that they provide information.

Frankly, if I had to moderate all posts that were not balanced or off topic, I'd have to delete a lot more posts particularly the more humerous postings.

Finally re sounding board, I don't think the whole forum is overwhelmed by postings from any single individual.

I'm really sorry to hear you use the forum less and less and would appreciate your views on making it better, without excluding any individual.

Sincerely

Nigel db

If you search back you will find that he has a habit of pasting news stories of horrific or depressing events that have happened in Australia. His posts are neither balanced or informative. Please tell me why this is not 'off-topic'.

I use this forum less and less. It used to be a mine of useful information. It is now little more than a sounding board for a single disturbed individual.

Old Sep 15th 2002, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I think the moderators are in a tricky position, obviously what is offensive to some is humourous or helpful to others.

It would be stupid to delete every negative post about Australia. After all you may be able to hide from Australias shortcomings on a website but its pretty hard to hide from the truth when you are stuck out here.
Old Sep 15th 2002, 7:49 am
akq
Forum Regular

PB has continually used the terms "dreamers" for those people wishing to emigrate to Australia. By this he belittles and ridicules anyone who thinks they may have a better life outside the UK, simply because that is what he thinks.
He also calls Australians "losers" and "tossers", amongst other things. If I were Australian I would be very insulted by these kinds of words. This may not be the type of racism one would normally think of when montioring offensive posts, but they are indeed both derogatory and racist in who they are aimed at. PB is blatantly biased towards British people and disdainful of anyone else, or anyone who claims that they are dissatisfied with the UK.
He is, thereofre, in my opinion, and many others on this NG, guilty of making racist and offensive postings. I fully appreciate the difficult position the moderators are in with this forum, and I personally think they do a great job and I'm grateful for having this source of information. However, the poll has swung from the majority for to the majority against keeping PB on this forum. That in itself should say something. He is not helping any of us. Only mildly amusing a few people and boosting the negative vibes already felt by a few others. There is nothing constructive about him and I would ask the moderators to remove him.
Funny how PB hasn't denied my claim that he and "Howard Tiz" are the same person. He is sitting back laughing at all of us genuine people here, loving the attention and flaunting his status at us. Moderators PLEASE listen to what the majority are saying. This forum HAS become less helpful lately, and it IS down to the childishness of one person's postings.
Tegan
Old Sep 15th 2002, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Christian S is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by akq:
PB has continually used the terms "dreamers" for those people wishing to emigrate to Australia. By this he belittles and ridicules anyone who thinks they may have a better life outside the UK, simply because that is what he thinks.
He also calls Australians "losers" and "tossers", amongst other things. If I were Australian I would be very insulted by these kinds of words. This may not be the type of racism one would normally think of when montioring offensive posts, but they are indeed both derogatory and racist in who they are aimed at. PB is blatantly biased towards British people and disdainful of anyone else, or anyone who claims that they are dissatisfied with the UK.
He is, thereofre, in my opinion, and many others on this NG, guilty of making racist and offensive postings. I fully appreciate the difficult position the moderators are in with this forum, and I personally think they do a great job and I'm grateful for having this source of information. However, the poll has swung from the majority for to the majority against keeping PB on this forum. That in itself should say something. He is not helping any of us. Only mildly amusing a few people and boosting the negative vibes already felt by a few others. There is nothing constructive about him and I would ask the moderators to remove him.
Funny how PB hasn't denied my claim that he and "Howard Tiz" are the same person. He is sitting back laughing at all of us genuine people here, loving the attention and flaunting his status at us. Moderators PLEASE listen to what the majority are saying. This forum HAS become less helpful lately, and it IS down to the childishness of one person's postings.
Tegan

Tegan,
It's clear by the way you go on and on about PB posts that you are a very insecure person, why else are you letting him to get to you like this?
He is doing a lot of people here on this board a service if by nothing else by bringing them down to the plane of reality which is that Australia is far from paradise, yes the UK has problems too but those of us who are in Australia living as a British expat have the experience of living in both Britain and Australia and so can compare.
If you really believe that we are all lying to you in order to stop you from coming here then i feel very sorry for you, like i said before read every comment good and bad and decide for yourself, don't take it personally as you most clearly have, if your bubble has burst it'll be a good thing i promise, coming to Australia with such big expectations can only lead to one thing, dissapointment.

I wish this board had been here when i chose to follow my dream which was Australia.

It's with sincere appologies if i have affended anyone.

Christian
Old Sep 15th 2002, 9:20 am
akq
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Christian S:

Tegan,
It's clear by the way you go on and on about PB posts that you are a very insecure person, why else are you letting him to get to you like this?
firstly Christian, PLEASE do not make assumptions about my personality without ever having met or spoken to or known me in person. I am a strong and confident person who is not afraid to speak out on an issue that many others on this forum feel strongly about. I have no fears or insecurities about my own persona. I object to someone such as PB attemtping to belittle others for wanting to start their lives anew. He has shown nothing but contempt for people on here apart from those who share his views. I am defending my own and others' rights to choose not to be subjected to his absurdity.
He is doing a lot of people here on this board a service if by nothing else by bringing them down to the plane of reality which is that Australia is far from paradise, yes the UK has problems too but those of us who are in Australia living as a British expat have the experience of living in both Britain and Australia and so can compare.
He is doing no one a service. I have read through many many posts, all from people who have emigrated and are enjoying life in Australia. but they also point out in a well-balanced and rational manner the disadvnatages to their new lifestyles. PB has been asked to put forward some positive views on Australia and has never once answered this. Therefore his views are not helpful, but one-sded, narrow-minded and limited as well as limitng to himself.
If you really believe that we are all lying to you in order to stop you from coming here then i feel very sorry for you, like i said before read every comment good and bad and decide for yourself, don't take it personally as you most clearly have, if your bubble has burst it'll be a good thing i promise, coming to Australia with such big expectations can only lead to one thing, dissapointment.
I do not for one minute believe that PB or other negative posters are lying about their view of Australia. Find me one of my posts where I have claimed that PB or anyone else has lied. What I object to, and so do others on here, and I have said this time and time again yet you and your kind do not seem to be able to take it in, is this: IT@S NOT WHAT THEY SAY BUT HOW THEY ARE SAYING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you make a statement like "All Aussies are losrs and anyone who wants to come out here is a loser" to a NG filled with people all going through the long stressful process of trying to emigrate, what the bloody hell kind of rewsponse do you think this will evoke? Of course people will take offence to it. It is offensive and derogatory.
I found the following link to a family wepage, via the britisexpats home page, and would like to direct you and anyone else who thinks I only want to hear the "good things", to read it and you ight just get my meaning.
http://users.chariot.net.au/~krmiller/poms2oz/
the people on that site write about their experiences both good and bad, give advice on how to deal with the negative and are enthusiastic about the positive. THIS is the kind of help and support we want. Not derision from failed miserable whingers like you and PB.
I have not in any way taken any negative comments personally. This is simply because I am, contrary to your belief, a self-confident person who believe in my own abilities and does not need the approval of invisible internet forum members to make me feel good or bad about myself. What I am objecting to is the manner in which PB delights in trying to ridicule people on here. People he has never met. People who have never doen him any harm whatsoever. People who have made a major life-altering decision to try and make their lives more positive. And he treats them with disdain and disrespect. The moderators have said they think he is providing a service. I do not agree with this and I know many others on here do not. I am speaking for a large number of people and asking the moderators to consider the welfare of this forum on the whole. Those who wish to keep reading PB's drviel can always contact him by email. The rest of us do NOT want him on here. Have a look at the poll, the numbers against PB are rising.

I wish this board had been here when i chose to follow my dream which was Australia.
I am incredibly grateful that this board is here. It has helped me learn so much about so many things, that I never would have known. What PB has done is remind so many people here of what we cannot bear about the UK and many British people we have known in our lives.
I really do wish that people would take the time to read a post several times and THINK about what the poster is trying to say, before responding.
It's with sincere appologies if i have affended anyone.
So sorry your life has not turned out the way you hoped
Tegan
Christian
Old Sep 15th 2002, 9:55 am
Just Joined

Christian S is an unknown quantity at this point

Not derision from failed miserable whingers like you and PB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers Tegan,
You really are a hypocrite and very offensive too.

Just on the subject of failed.
I don't consider myself a failure mearly because I prefer the UK to Australia, I came, I didn't like, I'm going home.

Christian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.