Cannot sell but going anyway!!!
6.85%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going PartII

Old Oct 25th 2005, 9:10 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going PartII

Originally Posted by spottydog
Makes sense since by mid November Christmas planning and partying is starting so looking for houses takes a back burner then in January everyone is nursing a physical and financial hangover for the month.

When we realised our house was going back on the market I reckoned we had 3 weeks to get an offer otherwise we may as well plan for another UK Christmas.

Good luck in the selling
Yep we decided a month ago we would plan another xmas here, its not gonna happen for us this year but we will be there next year
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by possoms
Yep we decided a month ago we would plan another xmas here, its not gonna happen for us this year but we will be there next year
same here mate. im almost tempted to take it off over xmas.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 10:59 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rooksie
same here mate. im almost tempted to take it off over xmas.
I am trying to keep postitve but its not working
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:19 am
Account Closed

2 more houses just gone up for sale in our road - we're screwed mate
Old Oct 25th 2005, 11:30 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't take it off mate! Just put a bit of tinsel around it.

Plus a lot of people drive around deliverin Xmas cards that might not normally go up your road - so it may be worth it.

Good luck.

L-j

PS what are people called from Torquay? (serious question - i would like to know....torquayans?)

L-j (mancunians - some call us mancs!) hope to be a Sydneysider - think thats what there called!!!! pl correct me anyone if im wrong!!!
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Not necessarily, as long as you're not the most expensive then they'll be wondering why pay more and your house will seem good value. With ours I emphasised the points we have that is different to our neighbours i.e. we have a porch which is wonderful for stopping wet & muddy clothes getting into the house and direct rear access for extra parking rather than via an alleyway.

I've noticed in our area that it seems to be that all houses sit there for a while then as soon as one goes under offer the rest follow shortly after. Unfortunately while we keep being the first to get an offer we keep picking the ones who can't get a mortgage sorted so end up back on the market.
Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Plus a lot of people drive around deliverin Xmas cards that might not normally go up your road - so it may be worth it.

Good luck.

L-j
Hmm hadnt thought of that!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 25th 2005, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
Not necessarily, as long as you're not the most expensive then they'll be wondering why pay more and your house will seem good value. With ours I emphasised the points we have that is different to our neighbours i.e. we have a porch which is wonderful for stopping wet & muddy clothes getting into the house and direct rear access for extra parking rather than via an alleyway.

I've noticed in our area that it seems to be that all houses sit there for a while then as soon as one goes under offer the rest follow shortly after. Unfortunately while we keep being the first to get an offer we keep picking the ones who can't get a mortgage sorted so end up back on the market.

i keep being told that bugger all will happen now anyway until feb time cos of christmas and the immediate lack of cash thereafter
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:31 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

i keep being told that bugger all will happen now anyway until feb time cos of christmas and the immediate lack of cash thereafter
not necessarily so - it has and is a hive of activity for us at the mo Hope you get some of the same soon
Old Oct 25th 2005, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by walaj
not necessarily so - it has and is a hive of activity for us at the mo Hope you get some of the same soon

oooOO i bloody hope so mate!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of

Hi Kay,

Keep your chin up.
Whilst visiting my parents in Scotland, who sold their house down here within a month back in February!!!!, my dad read in a paper that house prices are going to rise next year so the housing market will speed up. Hoorah

Shorty
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Viewing is due in 8 mins! ...lol, have another booked for Friday! ...

At last, some movement ...
Old Oct 26th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi all just thought I would add my news, after waiting for 15 weeks my buyers pulled out 4 days before exchange and completion!!!

Chris
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi all just thought I would add my news, after waiting for 15 weeks my buyers pulled out 4 days before exchange and completion!!!

Chris

OMG im lost for words - well ones that i can put on here anyway!!!
Old Oct 26th 2005, 1:01 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell

Chris

That's handy ennit! ...

I think you should be allowed to shoot people like that by law!

Last edited by Paul2004; Oct 26th 2005 at 1:05 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.