Cannot sell but we're going anyway
6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:04 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

Originally Posted by Nicstids
Hoobloody ray!! We've just exchanged with completion on 9th December

Keep the faith everybody who's still waiting. We originally went on the market the beginning of April so it's taken just about 8 months and a price drop of £37k :scared:
blooming marvellous!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:54 pm
When?? We ask ourselves!!

andy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really niceandy & jayne is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Well our situation hasn't changed but I know others have
We have accepted an offer on our restaurant, hopefully should be in Perth by the end of January, 2006!!

Jayne
Old Dec 1st 2005, 4:58 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by andy & jayne
We have accepted an offer on our restaurant, hopefully should be in Perth by the end of January, 2006!!

Jayne
Congratulations to you too !

My time will come, I just know it will ...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy & jayne

Jayne
That's brilliant news
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Congratulations to you too !

My time will come, I just know it will ...
not sure mine will ever come!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glittababe
not sure mine will ever come!

All good things come to those who wait! ...

I just HATE waiting ...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

laneylou is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya we accepted an offer beginning of august from a buyer with no chain great hubby and i thought hopefully we should be able to fly out end of oct all being well. Oct came and we were still none the wiser oh well never mind we thought won't be long now is just a glitch because the guy buying our house is having a business mortgage (whatever one of those is) so we kept on ringing the estate agents for any news and got told that the guy had been given his mortgage offer so we thought way hey here we go so we booked shippers and leaving party leaving party came had a great night not many tears till the end of the night, shippers came took all our personal belongings (luckily we not taking any furniture) including all my sons toys try explaining to a 2 year old that he has gone to visit nanna and now all his toys are gone, booked flights for 6th Nov thought that will give us plenty of time to get things sorted the wednesday before we were due to fly on the sunday we get a phone call from the estate agent saying lender won't release funds till they have seen an indepth mining report because of the 2 mines near our property (both have been capped and grouted and house is 7 years old and built on a raft to allow for any movement in the gorund) so we postponed flights till the 27th Nov and called shippers and asked them to hold our stuff to give his solicitors time to get the report to the lenders and for them to say yes and get all paperwork sorted kept in contact with agents still nothing so hubby gave them an ultimatum on the Fri 18th Nov either we have an answer by 5pm tuesday or the house goes back on the market monday came and went no phone call tuesday morning hubby went in to the office to see agents and they spoke to buyer who spoke to his solicitors to finally find out that they still hadn't sent report over to the lenders and even though they said they had had it since the 14th Oct they hadn't actually requested it (wa**ers) so we said we were going to visit our solicitor for some advice so off we all went me hubby and 2 year old piglet to spk to our solicitor who was very helpful and gave us some very good advice basically told us put it back on the market but carry on the sale with our buyer was lovely with our son gave him some paper and a pen to play with while we talked all was going well till hubby tried to stop piglet from wandering round the office piglet pulled one way and hubby pulled the other suprisingly piglet is very strong and managed to pull away from daddy and ended up colliding with corner of the filing cabinet came out in huge bump on side of head normally i would not worry but on the sunda he had banged his eye on the bedside cabinet in our room and had a black eye and on the monday was pulled off a ride at the wacky and smacked his head off the floor so all we trot off to the manor to get him checked over turned out all was fine. So to get back to the house palaver we decided that it looked like we were going to be stuck here till after xmas so we have now cancelled flights and bought piglet some birthday and xmas presents thought stuff it we can take them to the warehouse in northampton after xmas. Then this saturday we had a letter from our solicitor sending us a copy of a letter they had received from buyers solicitor dated the 23 nov saying and i quote
"we have in fact already obtained an interpretive report and we have faxed a copy of this to our client's mortgage lenders. for your information we enclose a copy of a plan attached to our interpretive report showing the position of the mineshafts. we are sure that you will appreciate that in view of the position of the shaft, this matter needs to be resolved and we are sure that a number of purchasers would have withdrawn at this point. you may wish to produce a copy of this plan to you client so that he can see the difficulties we are experiencing."

Well after this i was seething we had early on in the process given them a copy of this plan that our neighbour had requested when she was having problems with her house sale it clearly shows that there are 2 shafts within 20mtrs of our properties this i don't have a dispute with but i do have a problem when they say it is at the corner of the house when if they read the plan properly clearly shows it is at the corner of the fence and the driveway and with regards to their comment about purchasers withdrawing i am fuming my immediate neighbour accepted her offer after us and moved out last week we are a semi detached property sharing a foundation slab so if my house goes so does theirs, and as i said to my solicitor if the hosue was 30-40 years old i could understand she agreed and stated that as the land has been reclaimed there was very rigourous planning permission needed for them to build on the site in the 1st place. So as of today i am still none the wiser as to when i will be moving it is soo frustrating.

Anyway for those of you that have read this far thanks for your time and patience my rant is over till the next time

Poshrice

Hi Poshrice
I know exactly how you feel, our house is a 50% share and we accepted an offer 10k under the asking price back in August, the buyers are currently renting so no chain and will be buying most of our furniture including 2 sheds and a trailer! great stuff we'll save on the shipping and it's worth the drop in money to be able to move quickly or so I thought.

The housing association who owns the other 50% share are doing my 'ed in, after numerous phone calls I finally spoke to someone who knew what was causing the hold up they said they were still waiting for references from the buyers landlord to be returned!!!
I thought all this had been done when the buyers had their mortgage offer. All the searches were ok so I handed in my notice and left a well paid job on 28th October with a view to us and the cat being packed up and on our way to Melbourne mid november. Now I've been told that if the buyers references aren't favourable they will be turned down by the housing association so we'll be back to square 1. We haven't booked our flights yet or the shippers so we haven't got your nightmare, it's just so annoying when things don't go to plan and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it,
Looks like we'll still be here for christmas as well so best make the most of it and have a few
Hope things get sorted soon.
Hugs to you and yours
Elaine xx
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:01 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

cheers for that elaine have sent you some good luck karma hope everything goes well for you it is a real bummer isn't it. Oh well at least my mom and dad have got longer with my son so that si a plus point.

Poshrice
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:03 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

At what point did everyone start dropping the price? How long did you wait before dropping? I think I am just very impatient
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:05 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
At what point did everyone start dropping the price? How long did you wait before dropping? I think I am just very impatient

after the first 6 weeks mate!!!! but still absolutely nothing
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:08 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rooksie
after the first 6 weeks mate!!!! but still absolutely nothing
Trouble is that I think it is possibly priced too high anyway, but Terry is desperate to grab as much money as he can from it as we are gradually getting very skint. He is unable to book too much work up in advance or take on big jobs in case the house sells because then we will be off, so hence he does not have a lot of work. But....he won't even entertain the fact that the price just may be too high.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:22 pm
Account Closed

2 months ...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 7:47 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Dropped the price by £10k after about 6 weeks and then accepted an offer £1.5k below that a couple of weeks later. I think we were a bit overpriced to start with.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

laneylou is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by poshrice
cheers for that elaine have sent you some good luck karma hope everything goes well for you it is a real bummer isn't it. Oh well at least my mom and dad have got longer with my son so that si a plus point.

Poshrice

At least we've already got our visas
I thought we'd had our last christmas in the cold last year!! this house selling game is a pain in the a*** but we'll all get there in the end.

Elaine xx
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:22 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

I know i thought i would be sunning myself on a beach christmas day not cooking dinner for 3. I am also peed off because we are missing the christmas do with hubbys employers which was to be a 3hour boat trip round Sydney Harbour here they are struggling to get people to attend the christmas do as it is down in london where the office is and partners are not invited tight arsed gets. By the way if you don't mind me asking where in the west mids are you elaine maybe we should sort out meeting up for a christmas drink with anyone else in the midlands who is interested.

Poshrice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.