6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:08 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

A couple of viewers' feedback was the fact that we had no driveway. Now, we could dig back part of our front garden (it is high off the road), put in a retaining wall and concrete the ground. Would cost a few thousand because of all the soil removal. What do people think? I wonder about just reducing the price by the cost of what the driveway would take to do, but Terry wants to do the driveway. Trouble is he always gets halfway through jobs and then sits back for months on end

I'd be grateful for your thoughts everyone. (on building a driveway, not on Terry)
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
A couple of viewers' feedback was the fact that we had no driveway. Now, we could dig back part of our front garden (it is high off the road), put in a retaining wall and concrete the ground. Would cost a few thousand because of all the soil removal. What do people think? I wonder about just reducing the price by the cost of what the driveway would take to do, but Terry wants to do the driveway. Trouble is he always gets halfway through jobs and then sits back for months on end

I'd be grateful for your thoughts everyone. (on building a driveway, not on Terry)
I wouldn't drop the price of your house to cover the cost of putting a driveway in, as people will then knock you down anyway and you'll be more out of pocket. If you can put a driveway in yourself fairly cheap then that may be the way to go not sure what to suggest
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

my brother put his house on the market at the beginning of october (he's moving into my house when i go) we had one visit after a couple of weeks but nothing came of it....

in the last 10 days we had 2 different people come for 2/3 visits each, a survey done and then yesterday the bidding war began.

the house was sold at 3pm this afternoon

don't lose hope people.... it will happen!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:28 pm
Tired but Happy

poshrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud ofposhrice has much to be proud of

Hiya we accepted an offer beginning of august from a buyer with no chain great hubby and i thought hopefully we should be able to fly out end of oct all being well. Oct came and we were still none the wiser oh well never mind we thought won't be long now is just a glitch because the guy buying our house is having a business mortgage (whatever one of those is) so we kept on ringing the estate agents for any news and got told that the guy had been given his mortgage offer so we thought way hey here we go so we booked shippers and leaving party leaving party came had a great night not many tears till the end of the night, shippers came took all our personal belongings (luckily we not taking any furniture) including all my sons toys try explaining to a 2 year old that he has gone to visit nanna and now all his toys are gone, booked flights for 6th Nov thought that will give us plenty of time to get things sorted the wednesday before we were due to fly on the sunday we get a phone call from the estate agent saying lender won't release funds till they have seen an indepth mining report because of the 2 mines near our property (both have been capped and grouted and house is 7 years old and built on a raft to allow for any movement in the gorund) so we postponed flights till the 27th Nov and called shippers and asked them to hold our stuff to give his solicitors time to get the report to the lenders and for them to say yes and get all paperwork sorted kept in contact with agents still nothing so hubby gave them an ultimatum on the Fri 18th Nov either we have an answer by 5pm tuesday or the house goes back on the market monday came and went no phone call tuesday morning hubby went in to the office to see agents and they spoke to buyer who spoke to his solicitors to finally find out that they still hadn't sent report over to the lenders and even though they said they had had it since the 14th Oct they hadn't actually requested it (wa**ers) so we said we were going to visit our solicitor for some advice so off we all went me hubby and 2 year old piglet to spk to our solicitor who was very helpful and gave us some very good advice basically told us put it back on the market but carry on the sale with our buyer was lovely with our son gave him some paper and a pen to play with while we talked all was going well till hubby tried to stop piglet from wandering round the office piglet pulled one way and hubby pulled the other suprisingly piglet is very strong and managed to pull away from daddy and ended up colliding with corner of the filing cabinet came out in huge bump on side of head normally i would not worry but on the sunda he had banged his eye on the bedside cabinet in our room and had a black eye and on the monday was pulled off a ride at the wacky and smacked his head off the floor so all we trot off to the manor to get him checked over turned out all was fine. So to get back to the house palaver we decided that it looked like we were going to be stuck here till after xmas so we have now cancelled flights and bought piglet some birthday and xmas presents thought stuff it we can take them to the warehouse in northampton after xmas. Then this saturday we had a letter from our solicitor sending us a copy of a letter they had received from buyers solicitor dated the 23 nov saying and i quote
"we have in fact already obtained an interpretive report and we have faxed a copy of this to our client's mortgage lenders. for your information we enclose a copy of a plan attached to our interpretive report showing the position of the mineshafts. we are sure that you will appreciate that in view of the position of the shaft, this matter needs to be resolved and we are sure that a number of purchasers would have withdrawn at this point. you may wish to produce a copy of this plan to you client so that he can see the difficulties we are experiencing."

Well after this i was seething we had early on in the process given them a copy of this plan that our neighbour had requested when she was having problems with her house sale it clearly shows that there are 2 shafts within 20mtrs of our properties this i don't have a dispute with but i do have a problem when they say it is at the corner of the house when if they read the plan properly clearly shows it is at the corner of the fence and the driveway and with regards to their comment about purchasers withdrawing i am fuming my immediate neighbour accepted her offer after us and moved out last week we are a semi detached property sharing a foundation slab so if my house goes so does theirs, and as i said to my solicitor if the hosue was 30-40 years old i could understand she agreed and stated that as the land has been reclaimed there was very rigourous planning permission needed for them to build on the site in the 1st place. So as of today i am still none the wiser as to when i will be moving it is soo frustrating.

Anyway for those of you that have read this far thanks for your time and patience my rant is over till the next time

Poshrice
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

hubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nicehubbard is just really nice

On the flip side of what it is like to be a seller it isn't a picnic being a buyer. I have looked at numerous places in Sydney that look ok in the details only to go to the house and it does not in anyway live up to the details, or sometimes the details on the place are just pure fantasy (breakfast room = cupboard you could only eat in if your family of 4 all stood up whilst eating). Plus sometimes you really do think a place is going to be good, details look good, price ok, you look up location on map and it's good, and then you go there and it just isn't what you are looking for. Also a lot of sellers have got the prices really high (particularly in Sydney and possibly the UK) and the places simply are not worth the money.
Old Dec 1st 2005, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

:
SOLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after 1o months money in the bank Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:00 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marysidey
:

BRILLIANT!!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Well done, K sent ...

This way price is now £25K lower than original valuation, and they're swarming round! ............................ NOT! ...

Crossing fingers and EVERYTHING else that we see some movement in January as our current agent + 'the next in the cue' reckon Jan is one of their best months! ...

I said this before, and got a PM warning me of what I was saying ... but if I thought burning down my house would get me anywhere! ...... I'd do it!

I'd LOVE to, I would sooooo love to sit back and watch the dammm thing drop! ...

Loved this house once upon a time, but it's just soooooo demoralising ...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:36 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Well done, K sent ...

This way price is now £25K lower than original valuation, and they're swarming round! ............................ NOT! ...
Crossing fingers and EVERYTHING else that we see some movement in January as our current agent + 'the next in the cue' reckon Jan is one of their best months! ...

I said this before, and got a PM warning me of what I was saying ... but if I thought burning down my house would get me anywhere! ...... I'd do it!

I'd LOVE to, I would sooooo love to sit back and watch the dammm thing drop! ...

Loved this house once upon a time, but it's just soooooo demoralising ...

you sound like himindoors mate!! ive taken the matches away from him!!
Old Dec 1st 2005, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you sound like himindoors mate!! ive taken the matches away from him!!
ROFL ... yeah but I have fireworks left over from Bonfire Night ...
Old Dec 1st 2005, 1:43 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

:

excellent news
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:07 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh god, what a nightmare! You must be pulling your hair out!
It sounds to me like it will all work out in the long run but to have to suffer the incompetence of some of the halfwits that you are dealing with must be bringing you to the end of your tether.
I really hope they get their act together soon!!!

Sharon

Originally Posted by poshrice
Hiya we accepted an offer beginning of august from a buyer with no chain great hubby and i thought hopefully we should be able to fly out end of oct all being well. Oct came and we were still none the wiser oh well never mind we thought won't be long now is just a glitch because the guy buying our house is having a business mortgage (whatever one of those is) so we kept on ringing the estate agents for any news and got told that the guy had been given his mortgage offer so we thought way hey here we go so we booked shippers and leaving party leaving party came had a great night not many tears till the end of the night, shippers came took all our personal belongings (luckily we not taking any furniture) including all my sons toys try explaining to a 2 year old that he has gone to visit nanna and now all his toys are gone, booked flights for 6th Nov thought that will give us plenty of time to get things sorted the wednesday before we were due to fly on the sunday we get a phone call from the estate agent saying lender won't release funds till they have seen an indepth mining report because of the 2 mines near our property (both have been capped and grouted and house is 7 years old and built on a raft to allow for any movement in the gorund) so we postponed flights till the 27th Nov and called shippers and asked them to hold our stuff to give his solicitors time to get the report to the lenders and for them to say yes and get all paperwork sorted kept in contact with agents still nothing so hubby gave them an ultimatum on the Fri 18th Nov either we have an answer by 5pm tuesday or the house goes back on the market monday came and went no phone call tuesday morning hubby went in to the office to see agents and they spoke to buyer who spoke to his solicitors to finally find out that they still hadn't sent report over to the lenders and even though they said they had had it since the 14th Oct they hadn't actually requested it (wa**ers) so we said we were going to visit our solicitor for some advice so off we all went me hubby and 2 year old piglet to spk to our solicitor who was very helpful and gave us some very good advice basically told us put it back on the market but carry on the sale with our buyer was lovely with our son gave him some paper and a pen to play with while we talked all was going well till hubby tried to stop piglet from wandering round the office piglet pulled one way and hubby pulled the other suprisingly piglet is very strong and managed to pull away from daddy and ended up colliding with corner of the filing cabinet came out in huge bump on side of head normally i would not worry but on the sunda he had banged his eye on the bedside cabinet in our room and had a black eye and on the monday was pulled off a ride at the wacky and smacked his head off the floor so all we trot off to the manor to get him checked over turned out all was fine. So to get back to the house palaver we decided that it looked like we were going to be stuck here till after xmas so we have now cancelled flights and bought piglet some birthday and xmas presents thought stuff it we can take them to the warehouse in northampton after xmas. Then this saturday we had a letter from our solicitor sending us a copy of a letter they had received from buyers solicitor dated the 23 nov saying and i quote
"we have in fact already obtained an interpretive report and we have faxed a copy of this to our client's mortgage lenders. for your information we enclose a copy of a plan attached to our interpretive report showing the position of the mineshafts. we are sure that you will appreciate that in view of the position of the shaft, this matter needs to be resolved and we are sure that a number of purchasers would have withdrawn at this point. you may wish to produce a copy of this plan to you client so that he can see the difficulties we are experiencing."

Well after this i was seething we had early on in the process given them a copy of this plan that our neighbour had requested when she was having problems with her house sale it clearly shows that there are 2 shafts within 20mtrs of our properties this i don't have a dispute with but i do have a problem when they say it is at the corner of the house when if they read the plan properly clearly shows it is at the corner of the fence and the driveway and with regards to their comment about purchasers withdrawing i am fuming my immediate neighbour accepted her offer after us and moved out last week we are a semi detached property sharing a foundation slab so if my house goes so does theirs, and as i said to my solicitor if the hosue was 30-40 years old i could understand she agreed and stated that as the land has been reclaimed there was very rigourous planning permission needed for them to build on the site in the 1st place. So as of today i am still none the wiser as to when i will be moving it is soo frustrating.

Anyway for those of you that have read this far thanks for your time and patience my rant is over till the next time

Poshrice
Old Dec 1st 2005, 2:50 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Hoobloody ray!! We've just exchanged with completion on 9th December

Keep the faith everybody who's still waiting. We originally went on the market the beginning of April so it's taken just about 8 months and a price drop of £37k :scared:
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Nicstids

Keep the faith everybody who's still waiting. We originally went on the market the beginning of April so it's taken just about 8 months and a price drop of £37k :scared:
Congrats to you too ...

K sent
Old Dec 1st 2005, 3:22 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicstids

Congratulations

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.