Cannot sell but we're going anyway
6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

Originally Posted by glittababe
Ok, heres the feedback from the 3 viewers we had over the weekend

No 1 Garden too small
No 2 Garden too big
No 3 Overall house too small and they'd already seen a house in the village they liked, they just wanted a comparison!

Thats got me thinking Rooksie, can you do a poll on the most excuses they come up with or comments! All 3 left here on Sat and said "well that certainly gives us something to think about"! Like they'd been to a carpet treaders etiquette workshop!

Here are my most favourite excuses:-

1. we've only just started looking and our house isn't on the market
2. lovely house, lovely location but it just isn't 'us'
3. Too small
4. Too big
5. garden too small
6. garden too big
7. we're just 'looking' at whats availble in the area! (no plans on moving tho)
8. oh it has stairs? Shame as we're looking for a bungalow (did you read the details)
9. theres not enough room for our new stainless steel range, oh and you haven't got a dishwasher! (again did you read the details)
10. we couldn't cope with living on a bypass (exactly what bypass, and what house did you look at?????)
11. lovely house lovely village but there's not much nightlife (you don't say - its an old medieval village, planning laws are very restricted, if a Pizza Hut or Stringfellows were to pop up on the village green, I think someone 'may' complain)

I could go on................
My favourite one was she couldn't fit her BMW 7 series on the drive. My thought was it should could afford a 7 series then she could also afford a house bigger than a 7 series and 120 yeare ago they hadn't dreamed of cars let alone the lowliest workers all owning one

Personally I like to think she saw my nearly brand new 3 series (now sadly gone to a new owner) and wanted to be better than me
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:43 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

3. Too small
4. Too big
5. garden too small
6. garden too big
8. oh it has stairs? Shame as we're looking for a bungalow (did you read the details)
9. theres not enough room for our new stainless steel range, oh and you haven't got a dishwasher! (again did you read the details)
10. we couldn't cope with living on a bypass (exactly what bypass, and what house did you look at?????)
11. lovely house lovely village but there's not much nightlife (you don't say - its an old medieval village, planning laws are very restricted, if a Pizza Hut or Stringfellows were to pop up on the village green, I think someone 'may' complain)
12. No window in the side wall (check planning laws, it aint allowed)
13. No garage (its a victorian mid terrace, did you read the details)
14. Didnt like the curtains in the lounge (fine, different tastes. but they do come down)

We had a no show on sunday, the agent rang on monday as the guys had actually given feedback. Apparently he didnt like the kitchen . HE DIDNT EVEN SEE IT!!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, heres the feedback from the 3 viewers we had over the weekend

No 1 Garden too small
No 2 Garden too big
No 3 Overall house too small and they'd already seen a house in the village they liked, they just wanted a comparison!

Thats got me thinking Rooksie, can you do a poll on the most excuses they come up with or comments! All 3 left here on Sat and said "well that certainly gives us something to think about"! Like they'd been to a carpet treaders etiquette workshop!

Here are my most favourite excuses:-

3. Too small
4. Too big
5. garden too small
6. garden too big

I could go on................
dont you just love em

i will never forget the couple from scotland who came to view ours and theirs wasnt even on the market WTF?!?!?!?
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:56 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
My favourite one was she couldn't fit her BMW 7 series on the drive. My thought was it should could afford a 7 series then she could also afford a house bigger than a 7 series and 120 yeare ago they hadn't dreamed of cars let alone the lowliest workers all owning one

Personally I like to think she saw my nearly brand new 3 series (now sadly gone to a new owner) and wanted to be better than me

Oh i remember that post!!!!! i didnt realise it was you but i defo remember reading it!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 2:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
We had a no show on sunday, the agent rang on monday as the guys had actually given feedback. Apparently he didnt like the kitchen . HE DIDNT EVEN SEE IT!!!!!

Brilliant!!! that just about sums it up!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

shorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud ofshorty has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

On the market 9 weeks tomorrow .

1st viewing last Sunday. Good feedback on Monday morning, she will be putting an offer in on Monday afternoon. Hasn't rung back since Monday morning .

2nd viewing should have been today at 3.45 but she rang this morning to ask if she could come at 2.15. No, not home from work and school run until 3.45 as told yesterday when time agreed!! Coming next week at 3.45 instead.

Fed up of making house spotless for no reason .

Shorty
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shorty2south australia
On the market 9 weeks tomorrow .

1st viewing last Sunday. Good feedback on Monday morning, she will be putting an offer in on Monday afternoon. Hasn't rung back since Monday morning .

2nd viewing should have been today at 3.45 but she rang this morning to ask if she could come at 2.15. No, not home from work and school run until 3.45 as told yesterday when time agreed!! Coming next week at 3.45 instead.

Fed up of making house spotless for no reason .

Shorty
Its depressing isn't it, and so difficult when you have children! I find myself getting at the kids just for being kids (and in the way, and not matching the decor)! The kids always play up when people come over, so we've resorted to me showing them around, and Mark taking the kids out for a 'drive' in the car!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:28 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Meant to be exchanging this week but not looking likely
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Meant to be exchanging this week but not looking likely
good luck with that one, at least you've managed to sell!

Did anyone see watchdog last night? It had that National Homebuyers on. Apparently someone had their house valued at 168,000, National Homebuyers offered to buy it for 100k
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:42 pm

Did anyone see watchdog last night? It had that National Homebuyers on. Apparently someone had their house valued at 168,000, National Homebuyers offered to buy it for 100k
Not sold till we exchange
As for homebuyers :scared:
Old Nov 30th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not sold till we exchange
As for homebuyers :scared:

i know, shocking the companies out there determined to fleece you! we've already dropped 25k so we would never accept anything like that anyway, but, there are some people who are desperate and easy to take advantage of.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:33 pm

i know, shocking the companies out there determined to fleece you! we've already dropped 25k so we would never accept anything like that anyway, but, there are some people who are desperate and easy to take advantage of.
If i had to drop that much it would be better to let the place and sell to a buy to let as and when one comes along ! Or give the tenants 2 months notice to get out , go on get out
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

If i had to drop that much it would be better to let the place and sell to a buy to let as and when one comes along ! Or give the tenants 2 months notice to get out , go on get out
we've already done the letting thing, our whole point of coming back was to sell the house! Its slowly driving us mad tho!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 7:54 pm
Account Closed

yes i saw that and i was furiously trying to text jonahs mummy to tell her but it was over in less than a minute!!!! what a rip off
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:00 pm

we've already done the letting thing, our whole point of coming back was to sell the house! Its slowly driving us mad tho!
OH blimey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.