Cannot sell but we're going anyway
6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Nov 27th 2005, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

Originally Posted by Rooksie
oh yes i remember that!!!! bloody snobs!!

its so bloody frustrating isnt it when they say its not for them - i have heard that one plenty of times!!!

we frontloaded our meds and ok we have some time left yet but hell we are halfway there already so we may have to validate at this rate
We have to be out by May, but its going so quickly!!!! Mark not happy about remortgaging, we could get a loan and do it that way but we'd need quite a bit of money. Ahh decisions hey? This is what my dad warned me about when I was a little girl! He said I'd have loads of responsibility!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

tell me honestly what you think - i can take it!!

http://www.haart.co.uk/properties/ac...heproperty.asp

It's quite fightening how similar your description is to how ours was. I guess its Haart speak.

These are just some suggestions from me. Personally I would get rid of all mention of coving (always sound to me like they're desparately thinking of something to say), change all the flooring just to laminate flooring (after all if it was carpet they wouldn't say light brown, pale green etc.). The kitchen sounds long and thin, is there a breakfast bar there so you could call it a kitchen/breakfast room. Remove the word some from views ("views" sounds much better than "some views"). In the bedroom 1 I would remove the reference "across one wall" just describe the wardrobe, shelving and cupboard. Since it mentions the rear garden is for sun worshippers is it south facing (if it is it's worth mentionning). The only mention of parking is in the garden section. I would have thought Off street parking for 2 cars would be quite useful to include in the overview as from looknig at the pictures your wouldn't guess.

The only other thing I would say is declutter everything that you don't use on a day to day basis. We had plenty of viewings but no offers but as soon as we removed all our excess stuff and de-personalised we started getting a lot of offers at the required price.

Good luck
Old Nov 28th 2005, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spottydog
It's quite fightening how similar your description is to how ours was. I guess its Haart speak.

These are just some suggestions from me. Personally I would get rid of all mention of coving (always sound to me like they're desparately thinking of something to say), change all the flooring just to laminate flooring (after all if it was carpet they wouldn't say light brown, pale green etc.). The kitchen sounds long and thin, is there a breakfast bar there so you could call it a kitchen/breakfast room. Remove the word some from views ("views" sounds much better than "some views"). In the bedroom 1 I would remove the reference "across one wall" just describe the wardrobe, shelving and cupboard. Since it mentions the rear garden is for sun worshippers is it south facing (if it is it's worth mentionning). The only mention of parking is in the garden section. I would have thought Off street parking for 2 cars would be quite useful to include in the overview as from looknig at the pictures your wouldn't guess.

The only other thing I would say is declutter everything that you don't use on a day to day basis. We had plenty of viewings but no offers but as soon as we removed all our excess stuff and de-personalised we started getting a lot of offers at the required price.

Good luck

Hmmmm thats interesting - thanks!!!

got some feedback this morning from a couple who have gone fora property with an open aspect
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:39 pm
Account Closed

yet another viewing today but they only started looking and got loads more to see
Old Nov 28th 2005, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

yet another viewing today but they only started looking and got loads more to see
Keeping my fingers crossed, it will happen, I had a nightmare but I'm finally sold.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
Keeping my fingers crossed, it will happen, I had a nightmare but I'm finally sold.
thanks matey
Old Nov 28th 2005, 4:02 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

That is the same feedback we are getting time and time again. "Lovely house, top of our list, but we want to look at more". Hmmff, make a bloody decision!!
Old Nov 28th 2005, 5:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Haven't been on for a while - trying to get on with house sale etc, but after 4 weeks on the market and 5 viewings, I've come to the conclusion I need to pivk up the house and move it 5 mins down the road. All viewers love the house, big rooms, no chain etc etc, but we have a council estate at the end of the garden and sadly one of them has a pigeon loft!!! We've never had any problems at all with them, infact they are always really nice when we do see each other out the back, but the viewers all say that they don't like the look of it.....any ideas anyone????
Old Nov 28th 2005, 6:41 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Haven't been on for a while - trying to get on with house sale etc, but after 4 weeks on the market and 5 viewings, I've come to the conclusion I need to pivk up the house and move it 5 mins down the road. All viewers love the house, big rooms, no chain etc etc, but we have a council estate at the end of the garden and sadly one of them has a pigeon loft!!! We've never had any problems at all with them, infact they are always really nice when we do see each other out the back, but the viewers all say that they don't like the look of it.....any ideas anyone????

Not a 'quick time' solution, but Conifer tree's are norm used to screen a bit of an unsightly view.

As I say, no good if you want to sell now as altho they grow real fast, not quite that fast! ...

Not sure what else to suggest really.
Old Nov 28th 2005, 7:01 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Tell your estate agent to arrange viewings in the evenings
Old Nov 29th 2005, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

mercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the roughmercador is a jewel in the rough

ahhh yes. well they offer to buy your house no questions asked BUT at much lower price than valuation. said valuation fee has to be paid upfront in the region of £500. i did a search on the forum and people have been offered circa 20% of house value. we spoke to a similar company, quicksale, and he offered us £157,000 i told him to stick it
Have you had a look at this:

http://www.nethouseprices.com/index....=Torquay&year=

Might help you position your property in the market. Good luck!
Old Nov 29th 2005, 6:15 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mercador

the thing with that website is that it only uses 3 prices from 2005 plus loads of prices going back as far as 2002 for Rooksie's home... doing this will lower the price of your property on this site as it works out a value based on the average sales which in 2002 were much much much less than today!

We bought our house in 2001 for £32K and today homes on our street are selling for upwards of £90K yet this website suggests my house is worth only £32500 which is rubbish! For my house it only uses median prices from 2004 and prior..... I don't understand that as I can name at leat 9 house on my road that have sold this year.....?

I have also had an ofer from "A Quick Sale" and they were only prepared to offer £67K which is almost a 20% discount and it isn't gonna happen!

Last edited by Jonahs_mummy; Nov 29th 2005 at 6:19 am.
Old Nov 29th 2005, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
the thing with that website is that it only uses 3 prices from 2005 plus loads of prices going back as far as 2002 for Rooksie's home... doing this will lower the price of your property on this site as it works out a value based on the average sales which in 2002 were much much much less than today!

We bought our house in 2001 for £32K and today homes on our street are selling for upwards of £90K yet this website suggests my house is worth only £32500 which is rubbish! For my house it only uses median prices from 2004 and prior..... I don't understand that as I can name at leat 9 house on my road that have sold this year.....?

I have also had an ofer from "A Quick Sale" and they were only prepared to offer £67K which is almost a 20% discount and it isn't gonna happen!
The problem with all these sites is they are based on Land Registry figures. I think solicitors have up to 6 months to register the sale/purchase fully with the land registry then it takes the land registry quite a while to update their feeds. Whilst the figures shown on these sort of websites are correct they are only based on a subsection of the total figures and are therefore distored when looking at figures such as averages. They really are only useful for being nosey at prices paid for individual properties or averages from 2004 or earlier.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 9:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mercador

I have only just seen this because my comp is playing up!! WOW

as spotty states it is about 12 months out of date because 92 has since sold again for £186,000 but it is quoted on nethouseprices as £175,000 but that relates to the previous sale.

its a fascinating site though!!! WOW again - defo sending karma for that one!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

I have only just seen this because my comp is playing up!! WOW

as spotty states it is about 12 months out of date because 92 has since sold again for £186,000 but it is quoted on nethouseprices as £175,000 but that relates to the previous sale.

its a fascinating site though!!! WOW again - defo sending karma for that one!!
Ok, heres the feedback from the 3 viewers we had over the weekend

No 1 Garden too small
No 2 Garden too big
No 3 Overall house too small and they'd already seen a house in the village they liked, they just wanted a comparison!

Thats got me thinking Rooksie, can you do a poll on the most excuses they come up with or comments! All 3 left here on Sat and said "well that certainly gives us something to think about"! Like they'd been to a carpet treaders etiquette workshop!

Here are my most favourite excuses:-

1. we've only just started looking and our house isn't on the market
2. lovely house, lovely location but it just isn't 'us'
3. Too small
4. Too big
5. garden too small
6. garden too big
7. we're just 'looking' at whats availble in the area! (no plans on moving tho)
8. oh it has stairs? Shame as we're looking for a bungalow (did you read the details)
9. theres not enough room for our new stainless steel range, oh and you haven't got a dishwasher! (again did you read the details)
10. we couldn't cope with living on a bypass (exactly what bypass, and what house did you look at?????)
11. lovely house lovely village but there's not much nightlife (you don't say - its an old medieval village, planning laws are very restricted, if a Pizza Hut or Stringfellows were to pop up on the village green, I think someone 'may' complain)

I could go on................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.