Cannot sell but we're going anyway
6.45%
Anyone considering National Homebuyers or similar
3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going Part IV

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: How is your house sale going Part IV

Originally Posted by glittababe
oh dear............do you think they'll come back?
I don't know. The agent left msg's all over the place, and I think is a bit by it all from the tone of his voice.

I'll call em on Monday.

I spose if they're keen they'll swallow the agg, but I'll have to think of an excuse now.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004
I don't know. The agent left msg's all over the place, and I think is a bit by it all from the tone of his voice.

I'll call em on Monday.

I spose if they're keen they'll swallow the agg, but I'll have to think of an excuse now.

you spanner!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:04 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Rooksie
you spanner!!!

I know, I know ...
Old Dec 4th 2005, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
At what point did everyone start dropping the price? How long did you wait before dropping? I think I am just very impatient
Hi Anne,

Stay with it - we put ours on for £5k below others on our estate to try to save having to validate and spend £5k on holiday!!! no way are we dropping. If we have to validate and drop then we will have no equity to go out there with!!

So frustrating ain't it.

Getting the visa was the easy part. :scared:

Judith
Old Dec 5th 2005, 9:46 am
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sonictigger
Hi Anne,

Stay with it - we put ours on for £5k below others on our estate to try to save having to validate and spend £5k on holiday!!! no way are we dropping. If we have to validate and drop then we will have no equity to go out there with!!

So frustrating ain't it.

Getting the visa was the easy part. :scared:

Judith
When you say "no way you are dropping", do you mean from asking price? You do know the normal selling price is 93% of asking price, so if you dont accept a good offer (say 90-95% of asking) you will never get to oz.

see: http://www.hometrack.co.uk/
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

We took a different view about the price. We've had ours on the market for 3 months now with 2 viewers. Dropped £10k after one month and another £5 last week. Then yesterday the next door neighbour came round with another offer which is another £14k drop. We are going to accept it.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 10:47 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eintracht
We took a different view about the price. We've had ours on the market for 3 months now with 2 viewers. Dropped £10k after one month and another £5 last week. Then yesterday the next door neighbour came round with another offer which is another £14k drop. We are going to accept it.

We've dropped around £25k tho and its taken us 10 mths! Have dreaded surveyor coming over today, feeling very nervous as I want everything to be perfect!
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all

Originally on for £315k, dropped to £305k and then to £299k. Neighbour offered us £285k. Can add a couple of £k onto that as we wont be paying estate agents fees but as we'd done all our Australian financial calculations on getting £250k-£275k we are reasonably happy. Even though its a £30k drop on original asking price.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

highboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant futurehighboy has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by eintracht
Originally on for £315k, dropped to £305k and then to £299k. Neighbour offered us £285k. Can add a couple of £k onto that as we wont be paying estate agents fees but as we'd done all our Australian financial calculations on getting £250k-£275k we are reasonably happy. Even though its a £30k drop on original asking price.
Thats just over 90% of asking price, that is pretty good in todays market. Some of my friends have had to drop 20-25% to get a sale.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:20 pm
Account Closed

We was valued at £340,000. Been on at that plus £325,000 and now £315,000.

With hindsight the original valuation WAS over, the agent will admit that, but our house is not a 1930's 3 bed semi in a road full of them! It's a 3/4 bed detached in a nice road, BUT altho one side of the road is individual detached properties, the other holds 1950's ex local authority houses.

This has NEVER been an issue to us, we both grew up in a 'council house', but now we are selling I think the 'snobbery' round here is obv a lot higher than we ever thought!

People have the choice of our house (which is lovely) in 'our road' or go for a smaller property in a nicer area!

Still, it has a lot goin for it so it's just gonna take time I guess to find that buyer who isn't such a snob! ...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Paul2004
We was valued at £340,000. Been on at that plus £325,000 and now £315,000.

With hindsight the original valuation WAS over, the agent will admit that, but our house is not a 1930's 3 bed semi in a road full of them! It's a 3/4 bed detached in a nice road, BUT altho one side of the road is individual detached properties, the other holds 1950's ex local authority houses.

This has NEVER been an issue to us, we both grew up in a 'council house', but now we are selling I think the 'snobbery' round here is obv a lot higher than we ever thought!

People have the choice of our house (which is lovely) in 'our road' or go for a smaller property in a nicer area!

Still, it has a lot goin for it so it's just gonna take time I guess to find that buyer who isn't such a snob! ...
I don't think I am a snob, but £315K is a lot of money and I would want a good house in a good area for that, as the sayings says: You are better off buying the worst house in a good street than the best house in a bad street.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 2:57 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Surveyors been around ... Ok'd everything. A huge sigh of relief exhaled.

Just as well he wasn't around on Saturday night when the Washing Machine exploded :scared: ...

Price agreed with wifes cousin (purchaser) ... no agents fees which is nice

Completing week commencing 16th January.

Even managed to reduce the conveyancing costs as the advocate is a friend of the family nice ...

Fingers crossed we should have a good starting point in Oz.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:20 pm
tin
Brisbane bound

tin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of lighttin is a glorious beacon of light

Wish I hadn't spotted this thread!

House went on the market last week for 180k and we still owe 160k on it, after reading all the above I'm panicking a bit :scared:

But then again the agent seems confident......
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by highboy
I don't think I am a snob, but £315K is a lot of money and I would want a good house in a good area for that, as the sayings says: You are better off buying the worst house in a good street than the best house in a bad street.
Yeah I know what your saying. House IS a good one tho, big rooms, drive, garden. We slapped on a 2 floor extension 5 year ago, and since then the whole place has been renovated, as far as taking EVERY wall back to the brickwork to have high quality (and bloody cost!!) plastering! That's the gutter really as we paid prob £5,000 having the whole house redone, yet it won't add much value to the house! ...

Still, intentions when we bought the house and had the extension and stuff done, WASN'T to sell and emigrate! .... it was to make the perfect house for us! We had room upstairs to easilly make a 4 bed, but opted for 3 with one massive to include an en suite later, but that went out the window once we decided the UK isn't for us anymore!

Pitty, we both LOVED this house once upon a time! ...
Old Dec 5th 2005, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was Kent, UK...now Pacific Pines Gold Coast and loving it
sonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud ofsonictigger has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tin
Wish I hadn't spotted this thread!

House went on the market last week for 180k and we still owe 160k on it, after reading all the above I'm panicking a bit :scared:

But then again the agent seems confident......
Don't worry, you are the same as us.....sadly house not in the £300k's!!! we are on for £163k and really need at least £155 to have any money at all when we arrive...that's why we don't want to drop anymore.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.