5.56%
Sold and moved into rented
7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going??

Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:04 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How is your house sale going??

Originally Posted by The Dove Family
we are in the same boat as you rooksie- still nothing after 3 months. Had a few people round but nothing seems to be moving and it's the same for the area too!!

its bloody frustrating isnt it. i have spent a soddin fortune at the gsrden centre!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 8:19 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

don't forget the DIY centre, car boot sales, property papers, the bloody phone bill to estate agents asking are they actually doing ANYTHING?, trying to palm off "junk" the family and friends - anything else?
Old Sep 18th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

Steevie will become famous soon enoughSteevie will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

We have had house on the market since March with 3 agents 8 arranged viewings only 5 showed. Dropped price twice and now £40k lower than original valuation.

We have visas in our passports and need to validate b4 mid-Jan.

We also looked into renting etc etc and have now taken the plunge and booked tickets this week for 25 October to Sydney.

We will ship everything, leaving house in the hands of 2 estate agents and a lawyer.

One question which I have posted on a sseparatethread:

What happens with house insurance once you go?

Can you get insurance on an unoccupied property? We have a clause which has a condition about 30 days unoccupied invalidates the insurance, anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks

Steevie
Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Please somebody buy my house, I have a Nov 21 deadline to pay my Capital Investment and I have all my money in the house!!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 6:30 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

What a nightmare!

Lets hope that the housing market starts to pick up this month....

Trish

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
Had house on market (this time round) since beginning of year!
4 Estate Agents later.....and still not one single viewing!!!!!!

Old Sep 19th 2005, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
What a nightmare!

Lets hope that the housing market starts to pick up this month....

Trish
According to an article I was reading in todays Metro a Rightmove report has said the market picked up in August compared to June and July due to prices fallling slightly and August is normally the quietest month of the three. Hopefully September will be even better for everyone, I am certainly noticing more people looknig in estate agent windows in my area.

We are currently on our 3rd buyer and this one seems to have fallen in love with the property and the mortgage offers are all OK so we're keeping our fingers crossed its third time lucky again (last place we sold we went through 3 buyers and bought the third property we put an offer on).
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:06 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by spottydog
According to an article I was reading in todays Metro a Rightmove report has said the market picked up in August compared to June and July due to prices fallling slightly and August is normally the quietest month of the three. Hopefully September will be even better for everyone, I am certainly noticing more people looknig in estate agent windows in my area.

We are currently on our 3rd buyer and this one seems to have fallen in love with the property and the mortgage offers are all OK so we're keeping our fingers crossed its third time lucky again (last place we sold we went through 3 buyers and bought the third property we put an offer on).

best of luck!!
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:09 am

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Please somebody buy my house, I have a Nov 21 deadline to pay my Capital Investment and I have all my money in the house!!!
Oh no, what a worry.
House selling is stressful enough without having that worry hanging over you.
I hope you get a buyer through the door this week!!!!

Sharon
Old Sep 19th 2005, 10:23 am
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by psb182
Thanks very much for your reply karma sent......seems a very complicated and uneficiant system....once the buyer signs a contract does he not put a 5% deposit? that can only be refunded should he not be able to secure financing.....thats generally how it works in the states.....wow as I am writing this I just think I figured out why the house prices in the UK got way out of control......I am thinking people didn't have the 5% deposit and everything was on condition of their house selling thus it's all paper......thats ok for people that are already on the proplerty ladder and have equity in their homes but first time buyers must surley put down a deposit??? and the prices have gone up so much that they can't afford the deposit.....and if first time buyers can't get on the property ladder then the whole thing goes to pot.......I don't know and I may be way way off on the wrong tangent but it seems that property in the UK was going up so fast and now it seems like it may have hit a brick wall

Thanks for Karma

I don't know why it's the way it is, but most people (in England and Wales, Scotland is different) don't put down a deposit until they are ready to exchange contracts (and then it's usually 10%). Exchanging of contracts happens after searches/structural surveys etc - so what can happen is a structural survey could reveal a problem and then the sale falls through - I guess in those circumstances it makes sense to check all is right with the house before parting with any cash - but at the same time it does leave people in limbo right up to the point of exchange. It's all very complicated becasue it also means people ahv eto exchange contracts at the same time to avoid anyone being left out of pocket - sometimes people don't find out their chain has colapsed until the actual point of exchange which must be a right ngihtmare - it is rare though!

Michelle
Old Sep 19th 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

There's loads of us.All fed up and waiting to go.The trouble is the longer it drags on the more I am having cold feet.
We put our house on the market 3 months ago.Changed agents once ,reduced the price by 15,000 and are now having more viewings.Mainly time wasters though who have not even got their houses on the market.To be honest the whole things a bloody night mare.Maybe its just not meant to be.
Old Sep 19th 2005, 2:30 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Had 2 offers, were about to accept one but they pulled out.

The other was an insult but I aint going into it all again.

This is worse than waiting for the visas
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:00 pm
Account Closed

well we got another viuewing tomorrow but im stating to feel totally despondent with the whole thing to be honest
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:06 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
well we got another viuewing tomorrow but im stating to feel totally despondent with the whole thing to be honest
That's how I feel about our business sale too

I'm also missing my cat like you wouldn't believe

I suppose it will all be worth it in the end but right at the moment I'm going to have to have chocolate
Old Sep 19th 2005, 3:52 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

keep your chin up rooksie, I am sure it will happen.
It will happen!! I know its hard.
Whenever I got really down over it all I would look at my family and think how lucky I am that they are all well and healthy.
Our Estate Agent say that things are finally looking up and my solicitor also said that they are busy again for the first time this year so things must be on the move.

Good Luck!!
Sharon

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Old Sep 19th 2005, 4:33 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
keep your chin up rooksie, I am sure it will happen.
It will happen!! I know its hard.
Whenever I got really down over it all I would look at my family and think how lucky I am that they are all well and healthy.
Our Estate Agent say that things are finally looking up and my solicitor also said that they are busy again for the first time this year so things must be on the move.

Good Luck!!
Sharon

cheers mate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.