27.78%
We have exchanged!!!!
5.56%
Sold and moved into rented
7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going??

Old Sep 18th 2005, 10:58 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is your house sale going??

Originally Posted by Rooksie
i got to say that option is starting to appeal to me the only downside being of course that we wont have the cushion we would like when we get out there and of course deposit for a house when the times comes to buy. Hmmm
well there were a few things that made us decide to let it rather than sell it the first thing was the timing IF we got a buyer it would possibly mean exchaning around christmas time and the thought of spending another christmas here did not appeal and arriving in aus at christmas did not seem a wise thing to do either with most places shut down for holidays would mean it would be very slow on jobs front
plus i just needed to get there and find out for myself what its like rather than having other peoples opinions on everything

we are not taking our furniture with us as we are letting the house furnished so we save on shipping costs i know we will have to buy new there but couldent see the point in waiting for a load of tatty furniture to arrive and i can look for a nice rental with loverly big pool and all i will need is some loungers LOL

then theres the exchange rate hopefully we can hang on to the house until the market and the exchange rate improves well i can dream carnt i
Old Sep 18th 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lucyb
Snap Rooksie! Its going sh*te, shi*e, and *****ing shIte for us too. 10 weeks and only 1 viewing. Getting fed up now as we may have our visas VERY soon.
That's when the frustration really kicks in...when the visa's burning a hole in your passport.

We now have a weekly discussion about 'waiting 'til we sell' v 'going without selling' v 'letting until the market improves'.

Getting the visa was easy in comparison with selling the bloody house.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I noticed that you failed to put an entry in your poll titled:

"Accepted an offer but being jerked around endlessly by just about everybody concerned"

S
well that one goes without saying really!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

Snap Rooksie! Its going sh*te, shi*e, and *****ing shIte for us too. 10 weeks and only 1 viewing. Getting fed up now as we may have our visas VERY soon.

ive never had this problem before selling property, christ i sold a pub easier than this!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 1:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kelli28
well there were a few things that made us decide to let it rather than sell it the first thing was the timing IF we got a buyer it would possibly mean exchaning around christmas time and the thought of spending another christmas here did not appeal and arriving in aus at christmas did not seem a wise thing to do either with most places shut down for holidays would mean it would be very slow on jobs front
plus i just needed to get there and find out for myself what its like rather than having other peoples opinions on everything

we are not taking our furniture with us as we are letting the house furnished so we save on shipping costs i know we will have to buy new there but couldent see the point in waiting for a load of tatty furniture to arrive and i can look for a nice rental with loverly big pool and all i will need is some loungers LOL

then theres the exchange rate hopefully we can hang on to the house until the market and the exchange rate improves well i can dream carnt i
i likew your way of thinking and agree on much of what you say. who knows, if we dont sell the house within the next couple of months i could be looking at renting too!! i guess we need to not only have Plan A, but B C & D as well!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:30 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Been on the market for nearly a year.
Dropped price by 50K since then.
Have now got 5 agents.
Have had one serious offer which we accepted but they needed to sell there house, then they split up.
2 stupid offers 50k off.
But one couple very interested have been for 5mths but need to sell theres. They have got 2 agents and have dropped by 30k.
Had a viewing yetserday they have already sold, so we are keeping our fingers crossed.
We are not dropping anymore but have offered to pay the stamp duty.
We have also already validated so we do not have to worry about that, the way we see it now even though it is very frustrating, worse then waiting for the visa, we have both got jobs here now and we are ok. So we will just sit and wait and wait etc.
Good luck everyone.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by psb182
don't understand this chain thing ......I live in the states and the term is not used here what does it mean in real estate terms????? cheers

again what does a chain mean..........it seems to me that 4-5 or more people close on the same day....just never had property in the UK but will be in the mkt for buying a house soon so I would like to get myself familiar with the process
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:43 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

we accepted an offer yesterday for £2K under our asking price. They also want to buy most of our furniture so we are very happy -things have worked out very well (touch wood).

With regards to viewings - we went on beginning of June, one viewing (liked house, house was a bit far out of city centre for them) then nothing. We came off market in mid-August, agent giving no advice, saying it was "the market" etc.

Changed agents went on at same price but after a week they gave us feedback saying house was "too expensive" so we dropped £8K and planted some autumn flowering shrubs in the front garden. Then this viewer yesterday and loved it so much they offered and want to complete within 4 weeks . I am about to have a baby so it's going to be a bit stressy but we are going to rent for 6 months then off to Oz in March, if all goes to plan.

To those of you with no viewers - I would say take a look at your asking price and also the front of your house - our house is really nice inside (if I may say so myself ) but the front was very average. We had problems getting people through the front door but as soon as someone came in, we got the offer quickly, so it does happen.

Michelle
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:44 pm
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Im starting a new thread/poll to see where everyone is up to and because we have been on the market 3 months and not even an offer

well i would have created a poll if my f**king computer hadnt died!!

Done!!
We were one of the lucky ones!!!
Put our house on the market at the end of May, went on holiday for 2 weeks, came back and had a veiwing the day after and guess what SOLD IT!!! We moved out 8 weeks later, money is in the bank and we leave in November. I can't get over how lucky we were.
Good Luck to all those still waiting for a buyer.

Tracy and family
Old Sep 18th 2005, 3:55 pm
Home at last

michellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to allmichellemac is a name known to all

Originally Posted by psb182
again what does a chain mean..........it seems to me that 4-5 or more people close on the same day....just never had property in the UK but will be in the mkt for buying a house soon so I would like to get myself familiar with the process

It just means the chain of people buying houses from one another. So if you are lucky, then someone is buying from you and they are not relying on someone else to buy from them, with someone else buying from them, with someone else buying from them (etc). The more people in the chain, the greater the capacity for problems as a sale might fall through three rungs down the chain that has nothing to do with you but means your buyers buyers can't buy their house, meaning your buyers can't buy your house. I'm sure someone can explain that better than me but I hope it gives you an idea of what people mean.

Michelle
Old Sep 18th 2005, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by michellemac
It just means the chain of people buying houses from one another. So if you are lucky, then someone is buying from you and they are not relying on someone else to buy from them, with someone else buying from them, with someone else buying from them (etc). The more people in the chain, the greater the capacity for problems as a sale might fall through three rungs down the chain that has nothing to do with you but means your buyers buyers can't buy their house, meaning your buyers can't buy your house. I'm sure someone can explain that better than me but I hope it gives you an idea of what people mean.

Michelle

Thanks very much for your reply karma sent......seems a very complicated and uneficiant system....once the buyer signs a contract does he not put a 5% deposit? that can only be refunded should he not be able to secure financing.....thats generally how it works in the states.....wow as I am writing this I just think I figured out why the house prices in the UK got way out of control......I am thinking people didn't have the 5% deposit and everything was on condition of their house selling thus it's all paper......thats ok for people that are already on the proplerty ladder and have equity in their homes but first time buyers must surley put down a deposit??? and the prices have gone up so much that they can't afford the deposit.....and if first time buyers can't get on the property ladder then the whole thing goes to pot.......I don't know and I may be way way off on the wrong tangent but it seems that property in the UK was going up so fast and now it seems like it may have hit a brick wall
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:02 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping to exchange in the next week or two :scared: house has been on the market since Feb, wasn't really much interest, after 4 months put it on with another agent, we had one couple who came to view it 3 times then decided to go into rented!! we dropped the price by 15k and accepted an offer 5k below the asking price. The buyers seem quite keen to move as soon as possible, they are looking at the 7th Oct, we have found a holiday let that will rent us the "lodge" (very small but fully equiped) from the 1st Oct. Have paid a deposit for this so really hope it all goes through and they don't pull out

Last edited by mandi248; Sep 18th 2005 at 7:28 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:25 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

ive never had this problem before selling property, christ i sold a pub easier than this!!

Me either. The last 3 houses we have sold went like hotcakes. This is all new to me. As was mentioned above, may have a bit of a tidy up out the front as inside is gorgeous, but doesnt look that tempting from the front.
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:34 pm
Account Closed

Me either. The last 3 houses we have sold went like hotcakes. This is all new to me. As was mentioned above, may have a bit of a tidy up out the front as inside is gorgeous, but doesnt look that tempting from the front.
i despair to be honest
Old Sep 18th 2005, 7:55 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

we are in the same boat as you rooksie- still nothing after 3 months. Had a few people round but nothing seems to be moving and it's the same for the area too!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.