5.56%
Sold and moved into rented
7.41%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

How is your house sale going??

Old Sep 26th 2005, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

odaat will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How is your house sale going??

Originally Posted by kevinl
Does anyone know is it just the East coast that has dropped?

We are going to Perth in January are the prices still rising ?
We are looking at Secret Harbour or South of Bunbury, yes I know wide choice, neither of which doesn't seem that cheap.

Kevin
Perth property prices continue to rise based on strong trade and economy factors in WA - thats what the vested interests i.e. estate agents, mortgage lenders and sellers want you to believe.

And yes "New Australians" fresh off the boat and plane are suckerd into the dream easily and buy into the words of the salesmen.

Some are daft enough to buy a home online :scared:

Take your time, look around and you will get to know the daft property areas that "New Australian" end up buying into within 90 days of arriving. Then listen on for the next 9 years as they moan about buying in the wrong area etc.

The number one factor that is keeping prices on a lift in Perth are out of state investors speculating on property in Perth - this is creating a massive bubble effect.

New build property, property 20 - 30Km out of town are all prone to massive falls once investors stop buying. The first time buyer stopped buying sometime last year.

Secret harbour and South Bunbury are new build projects, artificially overpriced and far tooo out in the sticks to be buying into as a main home and maintaining its price in a downword cycle.

If you must live in the secret harbour / Bunbury area - rent out the next few years, there will be a bloodbath as property prices in the outer Perth areas plummet in the next few years.

Major property crashes in WA are common, do some reading on price falls in WA over the last 20 years - it has happened before.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 6:58 am
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Hi

Just to let you all know we have had an offer and accepted!!!!!!!
51wks on the market 60+ viewings since then....
They came round on Sunday asked to come back Monday which agent
bought round we were at work. Gave an offer half hour later. Which was
11oclock. Hubbie came home at five for us to discuss and agents were already on the phone to find out what we had decieded!!!!!!! Are they desperate or what!!!!
Anyway, mulled it over and we have accepted 5k less then asking price, thats good you might be thinking but do not forget we have dropped by 50K since we 1st put it on the market. :scared:
We are also paying the stamp duty....
At least it is done now I know I am still not counting my chickens etc but we have not got this far before. Just stupid offers from people that are not even sold there house or put theirs on the market.
Already validated in August.
Now I have to sort house out and deceide what we are taking etc.
I really hope it will be worth it in the end it has been a real hard slog..

Good luck everyone, you will all get there it just take a hell of a lot of patience.. Which we have not got a lot of.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 7:10 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pauline
Hi

11oclock. Hubbie came home at five for us to discuss and agents were already on the phone to find out what we had decieded!!!!!!! Are they desperate or what!!!!
Anyway, mulled it over and we have accepted 5k less then asking price, thats good you might be thinking but do not forget we have dropped by 50K since we 1st put it on the market. :scared:
At least it is done now I know I am still not counting my chickens etc but we have not got this far before. Just stupid offers from people that are not even sold there house or put theirs on the market.

Good luck everyone, you will all get there it just take a hell of a lot of patience.. Which we have not got a lot of.

congratulations and the very best of luck - god knows you deserve it!!
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:34 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Great news Pauline congrats
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

cantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to allcantwait is a name known to all

Hi

Fantastic news, well done, it gives hope to folk like me still waiting to sell blasted houses.

paula.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Pauline,
if it is not too late - I would advise you contact your solicitor and get the other party to agree on :-
1. You accept their offer if completion within 28 days.
2. The property stays on the market as SSTC in the meantime.
3. Ensure the other party contact you direct if any holdups, you do not need an incompetent solicitor at this stage.
4. Make a count-down list

good luck - remember all is over once the cash is in your bank, until then anything goes.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Well 1st agent has almost had 6 weeks now. 3 viewings and NOT ONE OFFER!!! ......... AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

New agent due in 30 mins, and we give them 6 weeks too!

Price drop by £15K to see if that attracts anything.

Failing that we HAVE to seriously consider remortgage, and rent the damm thing out till the market picks up.

REALLY don't want to do this, but what can ya do!

"the market will DEF pick up by March / April" ....... they keep tellin me! ...

Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:35 pm
XDA
Forum Regular

XDA is an unknown quantity at this point

We have had the house on the market for 2 months and only two viewings, how pants is that. We have now re-advertised saying that we will pay the stamo duty with is £9,000.

XDA
Old Sep 28th 2005, 1:38 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

I had a viewing on Monday & they're coming back for second viewing today at 4.00pm (uk) keep everything crossed for me guys
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
I had a viewing on Monday & they're coming back for second viewing today at 4.00pm (uk) keep everything crossed for me guys
Always a good sign, good luck! ...
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: How is your house sale going??

Originally Posted by Paul2004
Well 1st agent has almost had 6 weeks now. 3 viewings and NOT ONE OFFER!!! ......... AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Failing that we HAVE to seriously consider remortgage, and rent the damm thing out till the market picks up.

swapping agents is not the answer - as good as swapping deckchairs around on the Titanic- unless you start to look at the key factors that draw a buyer i.e. location, price and parking.

What are you selling ? house / flat or what ?
What is it priced at ?
What is outstanding about the property ?
what is the best offer you are willing to take - have you signalled this to the agent ? are you prepared to pay a bit more to encourage the agent to pull the clients to your property first ?
What has sold in your area and to who ?
would a cosmetic refurb / fittings put "soul" in the prop ?
what type of buyer are you targeting?

Think outside the box - relying on the estate agent "suits" to sell for you is no longer enough, you have to be smarter at this stage of the cycle.

There is a lot of choice just now and no buyers ....

re - mortgaging (DEBT) and renting out are fine if all works out and you can afford to live and make the payments from the "drip feed" rental income - madness if you intend to use the mortgaged equity as a deposit to borrow more cash to buy property in a falling market or to live on without a secure means to repay the DEBT.
Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:48 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Paul2004

hubbie wants to reduce ours also mate but there isnt a lot of room for that really in my opinion
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nicehooperhome is just really nice

Yee - hah !!!

We have our first viewing booked for Saturday morning. Finally the agents have found someone to come and have a look, 8 weeks down the line with no viewers has made us feel quite despondent.

Maybe the red envlope has worked its magic !!!

Theresa
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

hi all, well done to those who have sold and good luck to those that haven't yet. i am now joining the stressful madness of selling a property as mine is going on the market next week. we have just completely refurbished and the agents all said it will get alot of interest. however, interest is not enough it's a buyer we need. mind you knowing our luck we will get a buyer that wants to complete quickly and we've only just sent the visa application off! anyway, not looking forward to constantly keeping the place looking tidy but it's got to be done i suppose. Selina
Old Sep 28th 2005, 4:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rooksie
hubbie wants to reduce ours also mate but there isnt a lot of room for that really in my opinion

Well we don't want to reduce at all, and the house IS worth the money, but if we want to sell we're gonna have to give it away at this rate!

New agents been and gone and can't promise miracles, but will give it a shot!

All they can do I guess.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.