Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How are you supposed to provide coffee/tea for your shippers....

How are you supposed to provide coffee/tea for your shippers....

Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Oliveoil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How are you supposed to provide coffee/tea for your shippers....

.....if they are packing your mugs away????

and did you tip them at the end?

(well it beats queries on 20ft containers surely?)
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 9:41 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How are you supposed to provide coffee/tea for your shippers....

Originally Posted by Oliveoil

I kept some of my older mugs out that I was prepared to chuck. I did tip them, I gave them 20 quid each.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

£20 each, my, you are generous!

how many turned up????

good idea re old cups
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Pisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant futurePisces has a brilliant future

We usually buy pizza or Mcdonalds and several cans of cooldrink. Seems to always be appreciated. For our unpacking in Oz it was pizza and beer!!
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

£20 each, my, you are generous!

how many turned up????

good idea re old cups
My packers worked bloody hard for 2 days. I didn't feel particularly generous and they certainly didn't look surprised with the amount. There were 3 of them.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

so the done thing is to provide food and drink and tip at the end?

another job to my list then!

thanks
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:43 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

If they're veteran packers they'll keep a box aside for your kettle etc and make sure that it's the last thing that gets packed.
It's the first thing that our packers told us when they arrived

I didn't like the idea of giving them cash. We got to know them over the 3 days and learnt what their favourite tipple was. We bought them a few bottles of scotch etc.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

ours are only here for the day, we are not taking much
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 10:49 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

ours are only here for the day, we are not taking much
In that case I wouldn't worry about a tip.
Just get a good box of biscuits and keep the kettle filled. Happy packers are good packers.
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 11:14 am
Richard & Nikki

dickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to alldickchap is a name known to all

Oh my god! I feel really guilty now. My shippers were at my house last week and spent 1 day packing my house and half a day loading my stuff onto a lorry. Apart from teas and coffee and a round of sandwhiches it didn't cross my mind to give a tip!!

Feel awlfull now. How embarrassing

Nikki
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

oh no!

did they stand hovering by the door with their palms out?
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 5:26 pm
Forum Regular

margy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to allmargy is a name known to all

Hi All,

Hadn't thought about tipping the packers at all, hmm will have to think about it now.

When my mum was alive she used to tip everyone at Christmas, the paper boy, bin men, postman, meter reading man etc Don't know if this is excessive, I must admit I don't do this myself though I do tip my hairdresser every time and waitresses/waiters. Maybe I'm a bit of an old miser.

Thanks all

M.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of lightOzzy dog is a glorious beacon of light

We kept them topped up with tea / coffee, then when they left gave them a couple of tins of quality street. Have to say it never really occurred to me to give them money or a meal - Probably would feed / offer food in future.
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:33 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

The packers packed the kettle and a few mugs and some other small items last in a little box.

We served them tea and biscuits every couple of hours. They packed for two days and on day three loaded the container. It didn't occur to me to give them a tip or to buy them alcohol.

The guys who unpacked at this end didn't want tea or biscuits. I didn't tip them either.

Gina
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

We had 5 guys packing our stuff. I fed them and made drinks all day long for them.
Then one of them stole our stuff....................nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.