Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How will/did you spend your first day of your new life in Oz?

How will/did you spend your first day of your new life in Oz?

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough
Default How will/did you spend your first day of your new life in Oz?

I'm going to Spinnakers at Hilarys for breakfast, then the aquarium and
then spend rest of the day on the beach.

What about you?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:22 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How will/did you spend your first day of your new life in Oz?

Originally Posted by angela&rob

What about you?

In shock that we made it!!

Kris xx
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:23 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

What about you?
Wheres Spinnakers?
Whos Hilary?
Wheres the Aquarium?
Which Beach?
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:25 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

First off I will kiss the tarmac at Perth airport

Not sure after that, get to our hotel I guess, go for a nice meal, chill...!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
First off I will kiss the tarmac at Perth airport

Not sure after that, get to our hotel I guess, go for a nice meal, chill...!

Is u the POPE lol ??

Joke... forya

a pavin slab walks into a pub n says IM SO HARD im the hardest in the LAND !!
The two bricks at the bar said yer sure, and carried on drinkin...

Then the bar door opened, and the pavin slab shot outta sight...

It closed again, and he poked his head out to the two bricks and said Watch out that Prick who just walked in is a nutter hes a CYCLEPATH!!!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:28 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Dump the bags on the bed at my parents house and get straight in the pool. Even if it is the middle of winter (we'll be flying out around July/August 2006) I suspect it'll still be warmer than the UK! Oh yea, and get some Doughnuts from the world famous Berry doughnut van.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:29 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

We arrived at 6.30am and we spent our first day in a bit of a jet lagged daze........but found the time to buy some snacks and some wine .....and we were all in bed by 7pm!!! Boring...I know...
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:29 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Is u the POPE lol ??

Joke... forya

a pavin slab walks into a pub n says IM SO HARD im the hardest in the LAND !!
The two bricks at the bar said yer sure, and carried on drinkin...

Then the bar door opened, and the pavin slab shot outta sight...

It closed again, and he poked his head out to the two bricks and said Watch out that Prick who just walked in is a nutter hes a CYCLEPATH!!!!
Ahahaha... nice one.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:31 am

Is u the POPE lol ??

Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

angela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the roughangela&rob is a jewel in the rough

Wheres Spinnakers?
Whos Hilary?
Wheres the Aquarium?
Which Beach?

Spinnakers - cafe in Hilarys

Hilarys - place near Perth

Aquarium - at Hilarys

Beach - am just basking in the question 'which beach'. Answer is probably one on the western coast of Australia
Old Sep 1st 2005, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by artep
We arrived at 6.30am and we spent our first day in a bit of a jet lagged daze........but found the time to buy some snacks and some wine .....and we were all in bed by 7pm!!! Boring...I know...

I'll probably be in bed by 7pm as well!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:49 am
Sydneysider and lovin it!

Dinky is on a distinguished road

What about you?
Arrived at 6am, met by the future parent in law, went to Coogee for breakfast. A couple of hours kip then a strong round circular quay and a beer in the Rocks. The best bit was the evening - we had tickets to the 2003 Rugby World Cup final ans saw England beat my new home country. Singing Beatles songs in the stadium afterwards was THE best moment and a fantastic end to a first day. I'm not counting the 1hr 45mins we waited for a cab at central station in the pouring rain as it was after midnight!

Loved Sydney ever since!

Dinky
Old Sep 1st 2005, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Made a promise to myself I would paddle in the sea. And I did... at Burleigh Heads.
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:02 am
Oz won't no whats hit em!

lindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant futurelindaclaire has a brilliant future
Talking Re: How will/did you spend your first day of your new life in Oz?

What about you?

The last time i went to aus, we landed in perth at 7.30 am, we were met by family. my aunt decided that we needed to be kept busy so took all of us shopping at Rockingham City Shopping Centre, then to the super market and then to a bottle shop. then decided we needed to go to the beach.
by about 5pm my bortherand i were leaning against each other falling asleep, managed to last till 8pm and went to bed, only to we awake aroun 4 the next morning ready to play!

Kinda hoping that when we lasnd next time it'll be a bit more chilled ,thinking along the lines of dumping the bags and heading to the beach and then a nice meal in the evening.

thats the plan anyway!!
Old Sep 1st 2005, 11:06 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

I can't remember it was sooo long ago OK it was 6 weeks ago but it seems like a long time ago now.

We were picked up by the airport by our landlord. We got to our place, knackered (about 8am) and went straight for a shower, followed by a trip to Woolies for provisions and then brekkie. After that I can't rememer at all - we were in a daze!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.