This is how we got it

Wikiposts

This is how we got it

Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:05 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough
Default This is how we got it

We have got it.

My status is Australian Citizen by descent, partner and two children are all born in UK.

We spoke to several agents and most of them suggested that we could probably do application without assistance. This was more or less confirmed by DIMIA officer at the AHC stand at Migration fare earlier this year.

So we decide to go it alone and then found this forum, which has been a valuable source of information and support etc.

Police Check applied for; 10 March 2004 (£10)
Police Check recieved; 25 March 2004

Medicals carried out; 5 April 2004
Collected, completed forms, xray report etc on 19 April 2004.
Three medicals and one Xray (£220)

Spent spare time (difficult) during April, May and June compiling supporting evidence.

This is what we sent:

All certified copies done at local solicitor's for £20

Birth Certificates
Passports
My Passport (Aus)
My Citizenship Certificate.

Statutory Declarations done at local solicitor's for £20

Joint Stat from us, two pages
Stat from other half's mum, two pages
Sta's from three friends, in UK. all one page each.

Photocopy's, done in my office.

Joint Bank Statements
My Bank Statements
Other half's Bank Statements
Utility bill's (incidentley all in my name)
Various letters addressed to both myself and other half, at our home address.
Travel tickets to Australia (Two trips in last three years)
Mortgage Statements (again in my name)
Valuation on two properties that we own (to prove ability to support ourselves for a couple of years)

Photos as required.

Sponsor form 40SP
Application Form 47
Medicals
Police Check
All Passports (UK)
Payment by debit card.

Applied for Defacto Spouse 100 Visa , front loaded.

All above sent special delivery (£6.80) on 25 June 2004 to AHC
Payment (£540) debited 28 June 2004
Return envelope special delivery (£4.60) tracked 13 July 2004
Recieved Passports inc VISA's 13 July 2004

In hindsight we could have completed the preliminary stuff quicker, but it took quite awhile to find everything arrange medicals and appointments with solicitor etc.

But now we have got it!!!!!

Hope the above helps

PJ
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:31 pm
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

Hi PJ

Congratulations!! We recently got our Spouse Visa... It took us around 5 months to put everthing together and then only 3 days to be processed and granted..... Anyway best of luck in Oz - where are you headed?? We are going Sydney as that is where all my family are!!

Again best of luck

Cheers

Sam & Andy
Old Jul 13th 2004, 8:33 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally posted by Sam&Andy
Hi PJ

Congratulations!! We recently got our Spouse Visa... It took us around 5 months to put everthing together and then only 3 days to be processed and granted..... Anyway best of luck in Oz - where are you headed?? We are going Sydney as that is where all my family are!!

Again best of luck

Cheers

Sam & Andy

We are off to Perth

Cheers

PJ
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting your list, these always come in handy for those of us who are still gathering information. I was born in Australia but lived most of my life here, and we're in the process of getting hubby his Spouse visa (we've been together 14 years) and it's such a nightmare trying to get everything together! I've got a whole heap of "evidence" including loads of stuff to go as "sponsorship" evidence because we're in the UK, but now I've got all that, it's just waiting for people to come up with the goods for the Stat Decs. It looks from your list as though you didn't get any from Australia - is this right? If so, I won't worry too much about the two friends in Australia I've asked to do 888s (as they're not exactly falling over themselves to do them) if you still got your PR. Once we've got everything together we'll book hubby's medicals and get his police check and see our solicitor. I hope like you that it only takes days after I've gone to all this trouble! I'd hate to have to wait even longer, it's all such a pain, but I hope it will be worth it.

Good luck with all the rest of the hassle! The visa is the easy bit. Keep us all posted on how your move goes.
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

marleintje is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats Jacko!
Old Jul 13th 2004, 10:36 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Originally posted by Britishaussie
Thanks for posting your list, these always come in handy for those of us who are still gathering information. I was born in Australia but lived most of my life here, and we're in the process of getting hubby his Spouse visa (we've been together 14 years) and it's such a nightmare trying to get everything together! I've got a whole heap of "evidence" including loads of stuff to go as "sponsorship" evidence because we're in the UK, but now I've got all that, it's just waiting for people to come up with the goods for the Stat Decs. It looks from your list as though you didn't get any from Australia - is this right? If so, I won't worry too much about the two friends in Australia I've asked to do 888s (as they're not exactly falling over themselves to do them) if you still got your PR. Once we've got everything together we'll book hubby's medicals and get his police check and see our solicitor. I hope like you that it only takes days after I've gone to all this trouble! I'd hate to have to wait even longer, it's all such a pain, but I hope it will be worth it.

Good luck with all the rest of the hassle! The visa is the easy bit. Keep us all posted on how your move goes.
Hi,
No we did'nt get stat decs from either friends or my relies in Australia, just used UK friends. Also we kept them very simple and straight forward. Make sure contact details aare on them.

Good luck

PJ
Old Jul 14th 2004, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Originally posted by Jacko1
Hi,
No we did'nt get stat decs from either friends or my relies in Australia, just used UK friends. Also we kept them very simple and straight forward. Make sure contact details aare on them.

Good luck

PJ
Thanks PJ/Jacko. I have informed my subjects accordingly because it's an easy thing to forget.