Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to watch UK programs in Oz?

How to watch UK programs in Oz?

Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How to watch UK programs in Oz?

I got Tunein radio on the iPhone it's like a Walkman for Internet radio, I can listen to Breakfast radio when taking my evening walk.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 77hil
Torrentday and uknova are great. If you like uk radio get a Kogan Internet radio once you are here. I know you can listen to the BBC on a pc but you feel so much more at home when you can listen to Radio 4 on an actual Radio, especially with a nice cuppa.
I can vouch for those Kogan Radios I listen to LBC on ours.

That Hacked Cable site is damn interesting. Wheres channel 4 though ?

I also have had no problem with "the box' seems like a good site to me, and I've found shows there I couldnt find anywhere else.

Life was bloody difficult before they upped the data limits eh ? We are almost using up our 200 gig peak time limit now though. Might have to go back to using the scheduler on Utorrent to utilise the 200 gig off peak fully.

I'm having all sorts of trouble getting XBMC to do what I want, anyone on here an expert on it. Cant get the addons to work properly... I've failed to get a torrent gui working through it thus far... cant get Hulu to work through it either yet. the NZB's seem to work... (if only i had an account lol) Been trying both boxee and Xbmc for these addons. I wont be able to get rid of Foxtel if I cant use a single remote control to handle Net TV. All the add ons either dont work or the script fails. I'm going to go down the RSS route... never utilised those before.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Nov 9th 2010 at 11:08 am.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 1:10 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomerz
And after paying the 29 bucks does it work guys??

Just to note that:
http://www.batteryshack.com.au/buffa...ay-p-1918.html

Are flogging off some Buffalo wireless routers at $29 at the mo

Put TomatoVPN on it, gift it to a relative still living in the UK to hang off their home network, and you can watch iPlayer, etc. just as well at those pay-for VPNs (better actually, since the IP isn't going to get banned).

XBoxers also use them for wireless access for their consoles.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 2:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryP
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Just to note that:
http://www.batteryshack.com.au/buffa...ay-p-1918.html

Are flogging off some Buffalo wireless routers at $29 at the mo

Put TomatoVPN on it, gift it to a relative still living in the UK to hang off their home network, and you can watch iPlayer, etc. just as well at those pay-for VPNs (better actually, since the IP isn't going to get banned).

XBoxers also use them for wireless access for their consoles.

?????

OH !

http://tomatovpn.keithmoyer.com/

F M Dead !

Blimey there aint half some changes coming eh ! That is surely unstoppable/Unable to be blocked ?
Old Nov 26th 2010, 5:21 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
?????

OH !

http://tomatovpn.keithmoyer.com/

F M Dead !

Blimey there aint half some changes coming eh ! That is surely unstoppable/Unable to be blocked ?
I've got to sit down when I have a mythical free minute and work out how to route the PS3 via a static VPN tunnel. Then I can watch BBC TV on the TV, via the PS3.

Don't see anyway for them to spot that approach, providing everything goes via the tunnel. Just wish get_iPlayer was still working.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

londonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of lightlondonescapee is a glorious beacon of light

I use StrongVPN and have no problems - and I can switch to US servers as well and catch up on my MTV progammes (sorry Jersey Shore best show ever ever ). You pay but it's only about $55 usd a year and so easy for a teccie dumbass like me to understand
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:08 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markbhx
I've tried most of the proxy and vpn servers, paid and free and they are so slow that it takes forever to watch anything. Just join thebox.bz download them in 10 minutes and watch then when convenient.
I would second thebox. I have been using for 4 years without issues.
Old Nov 26th 2010, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I would second thebox. I have been using for 4 years without issues.
Yes, me too
Old Dec 13th 2010, 8:53 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Yes, me too
Can anyone send me an invite to the Box please or even bitmetv which is also by invite only. I use UK Nova which is ok but limited to mainly BBC stuff.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:07 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
Can anyone send me an invite to the Box please or even bitmetv which is also by invite only. I use UK Nova which is ok but limited to mainly BBC stuff.
PM me your email and I will happily oblige.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:09 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
PM me your email and I will happily oblige.
ooh thankyou!! coming right atcha!!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

markbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura aboutmarkbhx has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by paddyo
There is a limit of 103,000 users. I've not seen the sign up page active for a few months so they might be full!!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:30 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by man_called_Horse
I got Tunein radio on the iPhone it's like a Walkman for Internet radio, I can listen to Breakfast radio when taking my evening walk.
Good app, shame Test Match Special is still blocked though.
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:40 am
Social Grenade Thrower

Originally Posted by markbhx
There is a limit of 103,000 users. I've not seen the sign up page active for a few months so they might be full!!
Hi Mark, the Box is now ticked thanks to Northernbird!!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

Tellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really niceTellyaddict is just really nice

I have just downloaded Expat Shield and it is free. Seems to work ok.

Can anyone tell me how many GB I will need to watch maybe an hour night of BBC Iplayer? Do you use less if you live stream or is it better to download the programmes?

If you can help please could you reply in laymans terms as I am not really into computer jargon

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.