Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how to wash shoes

how to wash shoes

Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:17 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of
Default how to wash shoes

this might sound like the dumbest question ever but I am seriously woried about trashing my shoes (I know you girls out there will understand)

How exactly do you wash shoes with Jeyes fluid and not ruin them????
Am being really thick or is there a knack to this

Kala
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: how to wash shoes

I'm no expert at this, but I would think that you only need to wash the soles as that's the only bit that's been in contact with the ground. I'm just going to get some rag, dip into a jeyes solution and wipe the soles...I should think that would be enough.

If anyone knows any different can they please correct me!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:35 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Salli
I'm no expert at this, but I would think that you only need to wash the soles as that's the only bit that's been in contact with the ground. I'm just going to get some rag, dip into a jeyes solution and wipe the soles...I should think that would be enough.

If anyone knows any different can they please correct me!

Gotta agree with you Salli, thats all I did.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Gotta agree with you Salli, thats all I did.

Phew....thank you Bordy.....I didn't fancy the idea of having to soak all my shoes. I'm convinced that Aussies can tell the newly arrived expats by the stench of Jeyes Fluid that must enter the room before they do!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:03 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Salli
Phew....thank you Bordy.....I didn't fancy the idea of having to soak all my shoes. I'm convinced that Aussies can tell the newly arrived expats by the stench of Jeyes Fluid that must enter the room before they do!
Yeah that's kinda what I'm doing but it isn't as easy as it sounds, maybe i'm worying too much about how clean clean is!?!?!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you supposed to Jeyes Fluid your shoes that you are actually wearing on the trip and those in your luggage too!!!???
I can't promise to keep them clean during our 5 day stopover in Singapore!
I thought you only needed to douse the ones going in the container!!
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:17 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

The ones your wearing will be ok as long as there not caked in mud, soil etc.
The ones in container again as long as theres no sign of soil on them they should be ok.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PHIZA
Are you supposed to Jeyes Fluid your shoes that you are actually wearing on the trip and those in your luggage too!!!???
I can't promise to keep them clean during our 5 day stopover in Singapore!
I thought you only needed to douse the ones going in the container!!
Well considering that I have travelled to and fro I have never had to clean my shoes in my case or the ones on my feet so I'd assume just the container lot.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 5:57 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I can't help but think wer're all getting wound up a bit on this AQIS thing.

I know Aussie quarantine is a bit - well, funny - but hundreds of thousands of people pass through Mascot every month from all corners of the globe - and noe of them smell of Jeyes!

Just clean everything and let it be.

(This is not meant to be advice in any jurisdiction......)
Old Sep 8th 2004, 8:26 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kala
this might sound like the dumbest question ever but I am seriously woried about trashing my shoes (I know you girls out there will understand)

How exactly do you wash shoes with Jeyes fluid and not ruin them????
Am being really thick or is there a knack to this

Kala
Hiya Kala,
Can't help you on this one. If they don't fit in my case, they aren't going. Have already given heaps of clothes and shoes to the charity shop. I reckon it's easier than cleaning and packing. I'm a bit of a lazy cabbage really, lol.
Sarah
Old Sep 8th 2004, 9:41 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

hi

I must admit, I just wiped mine off. In the end they didn't even check mine. PLus like Phiza has said, they dont check the ones on your feet, so I wouldnt worry about it too much. I think its more for people that have been on a farm etc than those for every day street use

Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:46 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by mlbonner
hi

I must admit, I just wiped mine off. In the end they didn't even check mine. PLus like Phiza has said, they dont check the ones on your feet, so I wouldnt worry about it too much. I think its more for people that have been on a farm etc than those for every day street use

Thats half the problem I have been on a farm or 2 in most of my shoes.

All cleaned now and half dyed red from the Jeyes but judging from the smell of the whole street they wont say they are not clean.

Cheers for everyones help

Kala
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:55 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kala
Thats half the problem I have been on a farm or 2 in most of my shoes.

All cleaned now and half dyed red from the Jeyes but judging from the smell of the whole street they wont say they are not clean.

Cheers for everyones help

Kala
I just wiped the soles of mine clean using those packs of antibacterial wipes you buy for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms etc. Dunno if this is OK by AQIS, as our container is still bobbing about on the high seas, but our packers reckoned they were more than clean enough. They certainly smelt clean & lemon-scented!

(I have more than 120 pairs of shoes, so it took me *ages*!)

Good luck!

Anya.
Old Sep 8th 2004, 10:57 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

Originally Posted by anya4oz
I just wiped the soles of mine clean using those packs of antibacterial wipes you buy for cleaning kitchens, bathrooms etc. Dunno if this is OK by AQIS, as our container is still bobbing about on the high seas, but our packers reckoned they were more than clean enough. They certainly smelt clean & lemon-scented!

(I have more than 120 pairs of shoes, so it took me *ages*!)

Good luck!

Anya.

Ahhh A girl after my own heart with a propper collection of shoes.

Kala
Old Sep 9th 2004, 4:42 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rog Williams
I can't help but think wer're all getting wound up a bit on this AQIS thing.

I know Aussie quarantine is a bit - well, funny - but hundreds of thousands of people pass through Mascot every month from all corners of the globe - and noe of them smell of Jeyes!

Just clean everything and let it be.

(This is not meant to be advice in any jurisdiction......)

You could alway's use a bleach solution and be the odd one smelling of chlorine!!!

Bye
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.