Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How Unfurnished is Rental Accomodation?

Wikiposts

How Unfurnished is Rental Accomodation?

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:45 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Unfurnished is Rental Accomodation?

Originally Posted by Shelley29
I've heard that in queensland that to hire for one month only 3 beds, washing machine, 2 sofas and a computer table it was £400.00. That piece of info. has worried me slightly.

I hire (through Radio Rentals) a 68cm TV, a 400l FF and a WM for $135/month. I keep meaning to getting round to buying my own but don't have $3000 going spare.

I used to hire beds through a company called Pabs. One Queen and two singles cost I think about $165/month.

A while ago I enquired with Pabs about buying the beds off them and they let me for the same as 2 months rent.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

We lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway when we first moved out.
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 2:51 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
We lived in a cardboard box in the middle of the freeway when we first moved out.

We couldn't afford cardboard...
Old Mar 3rd 2005, 4:11 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by jayr
I hire (through Radio Rentals) a 68cm TV, a 400l FF and a WM for $135/month. I keep meaning to getting round to buying my own but don't have $3000 going spare.

I used to hire beds through a company called Pabs. One Queen and two singles cost I think about $165/month.

A while ago I enquired with Pabs about buying the beds off them and they let me for the same as 2 months rent.
I'm thinking of going in to the furniture hire business

Old Mar 3rd 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

vickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the roughvickymills is a jewel in the rough

Our unfurnished place has a dishwasher, cooker, hob.

We rented a furnished place, nightmare ! was half furnished and left a bit to be desired !!so be wary of renting over the net from private renters, you have no comeback.

Was not as described... pic is of bedroom 4, bed not assembled, wallpaper ripped and had dayglow stickers the ceiling, matress was filthy. We cancelled having family over, we couldnt put them in there. We rented an unfurnished place bought stuff to tide us over whilst the container arrived and were still financially better off......

Hey ho, you live and learn !
Attached Thumbnails How Unfurnished is Rental Accomodation?-dsc_1167.jpg