Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How To Trasfer Monies?

How To Trasfer Monies?

Old Dec 8th 2002, 7:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute
Default How To Trasfer Monies?

JUST WONDERING HOW YOU GO ABOUT TRANSFERING YOUR FUNDS TO AUSTRALIA WHEN YOU EMMIGRATE.

ARE THERE ANY RESTRICTIONS?

WILL I HAVE TO PAY TAX ON THE MONEY TAKEN OUT THERE?( SOME OF WHICH WILL BE PROFIT FROM A HOUSE SALE)

I HAVE AN AUSTRALION HSBC ACCOUNT FROM A PREVIOUS TRIP OUT THERE. CAN I TRANSFER MY FUNDS TO THIS ACCOUNT FROM A BRITISH HSBS BANK?

THANKS

KEEL
Old Dec 10th 2002, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant futureStan J has a brilliant future

If you have a bank account at an Australian bank, just lodge a cheque made payable to yourself and made out in aussie dollars, that you can obtain from your UK/Etc bank.

Allow for a few days for money to become availble for withdrawal. Therefore bring some cash/travellers cheques as well.

Maybe your ATM/Cashpoint card will also work in Australia subject to max withdrawal limit and your banks £/$ conversion rate and a fee.

Wouldda thought the first idea was 'the cheapest' way to move money?

Can't offer you tax advice.