Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How things work - medical

How things work - medical

Old Jun 28th 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

tigerlilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How things work - medical

I want to ask about how the med insurance system works in Oz. I have two conditions which need long term treatment. 1st I am hard of hearing and get hearing aids, check ups, batteries etc from the NHS. 2nd I have a blood condition which needs regular checks and ocational treatment also on the NHS.

I have read on here that you have to pay for doctors appointments, so I want to know will I have to pay for each appointment/treatment and my hearing aids or is this sort of thing covered by the med insurance system? Also if you are having a baby in Oz do you have to pay for treatment?

Thanks
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

LauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really niceLauraC is just really nice
Default Re: How things work - medical

Have a look at

http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/

You may also have to take out some form of medical/health insurance depending on what type of visa you have.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:37 pm
Just Joined

tigerlilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: How things work - medical

Thanks Laura I will take a look at that