Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How strong is your relationship ???

How strong is your relationship ???

Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:20 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default How strong is your relationship ???

We have an interesting dilema unfolding in our depot at the moment,we had a 40 ft container in last month from o/sea,s [i wont mention country] The couple in question had been waiting clearance of their goods.We have been ordered by a court to place all goods in storage till further notice , apparantly in the 6 weeks here, they have decided to seperate and the female wishing to return to country of origin, wanted to divide the goods for shipment back to her home. Our company will not release stored goods unless release is signed by both parties , he found out when asked to sign ,so has got a Lawyer involved ,now she has lawyer. So the only losers will be the clients.Payment of lawyers /storage for how long?? the return trip to point of Origin. Just make sure you are not moving your self into DEBT. And your not coming to Australia to try and rejuvenate an already fragile relation ship........ mm
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How strong is your relationship ???

Originally Posted by mr mover
We have an interesting dilema unfolding in our depot at the moment,we had a 40 ft container in last month from o/sea,s [i wont mention country] The couple in question had been waiting clearance of their goods.We have been ordered by a court to place all goods in storage till further notice , apparantly in the 6 weeks here, they have decided to seperate and the female wishing to return to country of origin, wanted to divide the goods for shipment back to her home. Our company will not release stored goods unless release is signed by both parties , he found out when asked to sign ,so has got a Lawyer involved ,now she has lawyer. So the only losers will be the clients.Payment of lawyers /storage for how long?? the return trip to point of Origin. Just make sure you are not moving your self into DEBT. And your not coming to Australia to try and rejuvenate an already fragile relation ship........ mm
Good words of advise.
It takes a strong marriage to survive and a fair bit of cash to stop the stress.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 1:39 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent advice, I have heard of a few families this has happened to, you should only be making the move if you have a strong relationship, although the grass probably is greener over here, you wont notice it if you are constantly at each others throats.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 2:20 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting indeed!

I wonder if some folk make the move to Oz (or anywhere) in the same way that others have a baby - thinking it will revive an ailing relationship and *fix* it. Doesn't work of course. On either count. We have never had as many rows, fights, arguments and disagreements as we did in the last few weeks of moving here. And we're still not completely right now. I think it is entirely normal, partly because of the stress and partly because the whole thing forces you to take a long hard look at yourself and what you really want out of life. But normal as it might be, if you have any cracks in your relationship it'll place them under intolerable strain. I'm sure many a marriage/partnership has sunk without trace in the seas of immigration.

If it needs fixing, make sure you do it before making the move.

Sue
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:01 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

And your not coming to Australia to try and rejuvenate an already fragile relation ship........ mm

There was an episode of the 'No going back' programme a few years ago where the couple thought moving to Oz would *fix* their relationship.

It didn't of course. From what I remember he buggered off to Melbourne while she, and the daughter from hell remained in QLD somewhere.

It is weird how people think that by taking on more stress it will make things better. Its the 'burn my hand to forget about the pain in my foot' syndrome.

Things need to be strong at the start, cos moving is one of the most stressful things you can go through as a couple. And moving half way round the world is that stress times 10.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

playbunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really niceplaybunny75 is just really nice

Originally Posted by A dogs life
There was an episode of the 'No going back' programme a few years ago where the couple thought moving to Oz would *fix* their relationship.

It didn't of course. From what I remember he buggered off to Melbourne while she, and the daughter from hell remained in QLD somewhere.

It is weird how people think that by taking on more stress it will make things better. Its the 'burn my hand to forget about the pain in my foot' syndrome.

Things need to be strong at the start, cos moving is one of the most stressful things you can go through as a couple. And moving half way round the world is that stress times 10.
I watched the prgramme and the couple were from Bath where I im from (now im in Melbourne) the women on the prgramme felt she had been shown in a bad light and indeed the daughter to make the guy look good.The guy is very wealthy so was able to return (to Bath) and get on with life and back to business but for most couple that have troubles abroad they can't do that they have to stick it out.It is such a big test for any realtionship and to go on one of those programmes and be under the spot light would be just awful!
Old Sep 6th 2005, 3:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The furniture should be easy to sort out, sorting out who gets the kids is the difficult bit.
Old Sep 6th 2005, 5:36 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
The furniture should be easy to sort out, sorting out who gets the kids is the difficult bit.
One older teenage son ,and i gather he is part of the problem.[not wanting to stay}..................... mm
Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

One older teenage son ,and i gather he is part of the problem.[not wanting to stay}..................... mm

Probably a very good argument for not bring over ones belongings, but offloading them in the uk, except for the most cherished of memories.

I must put this point across whereever you post Mr Mover

Nah only joking

Old Sep 6th 2005, 6:41 am
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

The only problem in our relationship is my Mum Seeing we will be thousands of miles away, I think we will do fine, if not better.