Wikiposts

How stressful

Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:14 am
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice
Default How stressful

Well I thought getting the visa was the stressful part but no, this bit is twice as stressful - house to sell , things in house to sell, moving date to decide on, and so on. On top of this their is the emotional side of things - worrying about leaving family and friends , feeling unsure etc.

Just needed to get that off my chest .. thanks for listening
Old Jan 4th 2009, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of lightWendy66 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How stressful

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane
Well I thought getting the visa was the stressful part but no, this bit is twice as stressful - house to sell , things in house to sell, moving date to decide on, and so on. On top of this their is the emotional side of things - worrying about leaving family and friends , feeling unsure etc.

Ditto to all that and added to that our biggest worry is the flight for our dogs scares me rigid
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We've just exchanged on our house and booked our flights, shippers coming next week, totally and utterly stressed but selling the flamin house was really, really bad. I swear I went grey in 3 months with the stress of it all......

sorry, it just gets worse.....
Old Jan 4th 2009, 10:25 am
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Wendy66
Ditto to all that and added to that our biggest worry is the flight for our dogs scares me rigid
I was the same when our dogs flew out but they arrived safe and well and it has not done them any harm. But you will still worry so i hope there flight goes well
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:12 am
I Want To Believe!!

CH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant futureCH33ZEBURG3R has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by hopefullybrisbane

We arrived in late Sept and trust me its all worth it, the worst thing for us was saying the goodbye's to our Family and friends, its not a nice thing to do also we had doubts whether we was doing the right thing leaving everything behind especially with a few days to go, BUT once your here its all worth it, of course everyone misses Family/Friends but the UK... NO!!
Old Jan 4th 2009, 11:15 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I agree... the housesale was our worst part.. just try and keep sane and the way I did it was to chip chip chip at getting things done and try not to look at the whole thing in one go else I got overwhelmed.

Plus make a list.. sounds obvious but it helped us.. we had a big white board and we wrote a list then did branches of what we needed to do on each subject and even did deadline dates.. then crossed them off the list once they were done..

Doesnt stop the stress but helps to keep it contained !

Also re the relatives etc.. I just blanked it all out.. I also avoided people who were too upset.. I had too much on my mind to deal with their non-dealings of my(our) leaving..

I also relied on a couple of friends who were strong as a rock to help me thru.. one who wasnt that close a friend in the beginning put on a big party for me and the family... I can't even start to tell you how thankful I was.. she organised it and even paid for everything... I sent her the biggest bunch of flowers (if I had offered money she would have been insulted) to say thank you..

Good luck x

Em x
Old Jan 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

the stress will only carry on when you finally get off the plane as well. I remeber running around for weeks trying to find a rental. Every day calling unhelpful rental companies trying to get viewings, driving around all day in a hot car, looking at lots of rubbish places

Once the rental is found though thats when the stress finally stops..
Old Jan 5th 2009, 6:52 am
Got Visa

hopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nicehopefullybrisbane is just really nice

Did I not mention the 11 year old Dog who is coming with us and the 15 year old cat that i have found a new home for I need to make more lists lol thanks for all your comments
</IMG></IMG>