Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How to stop annoying phone calls

How to stop annoying phone calls

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Exclamation How to stop annoying phone calls

How do you stop those annoying phone calls you get from the call centres (probably from India).
They keep ringing me day in, day out, hardly speak English and go on and on about aload of crap!!!

Anybody know what i need to do to ban them??? help!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to stop annoying phone calls

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
How do you stop those annoying phone calls you get from the call centres (probably from India).
They keep ringing me day in, day out, hardly speak English and go on and on about aload of crap!!!

There is a company you can call that will ban them, but can't rememer the name !!!

Failing that, I usually say, you have called the home of a Solicitor, and I would advise you not to call again, without invitation, and I would also advise you to put a note on your system for your colleagues to see also. It works for me
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:00 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Pay a bit extra and get a private number.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:04 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ransi
Pay a bit extra and get a private number.
I thought my number was private i don't advertise it.

I have heard i need to ring a certain number to cancel out call centre numbers. But what is it??
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Mally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond reputeMally Lass has a reputation beyond repute

I have heard i need to ring a certain number to cancel out call centre numbers. But what is it??
You can always hang up ! or tell them to F*** O**. That seems to work too !
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:10 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Register here.

https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:10 am

gedge has disabled reputation

i thought it was ADMA
but they have a link thru to a government site www.donotcall.gov.au
you can register online... might give it a go
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:16 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: How to stop annoying phone calls

Your number will appear in the phone book unless you specifically request a silent number.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bordy
Thankyou Bordy.

I have just registered now. Hope it works. Can have peace at last.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou Bordy.

I have just registered now. Hope it works. Can have peace at last.
It takes about three weeks for this to come into effect . It has stopped the Indian call centres but not charities or research people ...who always seem to ring at tea time
We have a 'silent' number but it doesn't stop the latter.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:38 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
It takes about three weeks for this to come into effect . It has stopped the Indian call centres but not charities or research people ...who always seem to ring at tea time
We have a 'silent' number but it doesn't stop the latter.
We have a private number, never once had a call from a call center/charity/research.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:46 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

We have always had a private number because my husband has a security sensitive job.
This however, did not stop ANZ bank passing our info onto an Indian call centre. I was stunned when they started calling us. On about the 4th occasion i told them that my husband owrked in a security sensitive job and if i received one more call form them i was reporting them to the government (of course i wasnt going to) it worked!! Never had a call since
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:47 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
Cheers just done it hopefully that will do the trick!!

Are you the same Bordy that posts on britvics?? we lived in Melbourne before coming to perth use to go on that site also.

kezx
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ransi
We have a private number, never once had a call from a call center/charity/research.
I always ask them how they got our number and they say 'from their data system'. I ask them to remove us from their data system and those we have asked have complied . Think we need a new 'phone number as some of them have old 'phone books
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:11 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Since ditching the Telstra land line and just using a voip service 12 months ago I havent had a single unsolicited phone call.

I do take care NOT to hand the number out to businesses though and if I need to give a contact number always offer a mobile (cold callers dont seem so keen to phone mobiles - it costs too much)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.