British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   How should it be presented? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/how-should-presented-117935/)

Wanderlust Nov 18th 2002 8:33 am

How should it be presented?

Okay - I've looked through loads of posts on this board. One person said their agent complimented them on the way they had presented their application - indexed, organised, etc. Another post said that they had been told not to go to the effort, as the application only had to be taken out of all the folders to be put into a government file!
What's the best way to go about it - anybody know for sure??
W.

yvsie Nov 18th 2002 8:48 am

Hi,

I just put covering letter with a contents page and numbered the pages. I didnt paper clip anything together cos I think that I read it somewhere that you shouldn't.

Mind you I havent got my visa yet.......

mashiraz Nov 18th 2002 8:58 am

Re: How should it be presented?

I can't remember it was that long ago.

Skills assessment was in a folder with its own contents page and tabs for each section This is how I sent it to be assessed originally.
Everything else was just together, my letter listed the inclusions, in order.

Also not got the visa yet!
Mash..

Originally posted by Wanderlust
Okay - I've looked through loads of posts on this board. One person said their agent complimented them on the way they had presented their application - indexed, organised, etc. Another post said that they had been told not to go to the effort, as the application only had to be taken out of all the folders to be put into a government file!
W.

ptlabs Nov 19th 2002 1:41 am

Generally, one is advised against permanently binding one's documents (i.e. stapled or comb bound).

A simple 3/4-inch metal clip (it was more like a small clamp actually) on the top left corner of the stack was what I did.

I:

1) stapled the printed-out sheets of my Form 47SK (I used the PDF file).

2) included a cover letter briefly indicating how things were arranged - the tricky bit was to cross reference documents that were needed more than once but provided only once.

3) put my photographs in a small envelope and stuffed that with the stack of documents.

4) put coloured papers to indicate the boundaries of my skills assessment documents - these constituted the bulk of my documentation anyway. I just marked them - "Start of skills assessment documents" and "End of skills assessment documents" respectively.

5) followed the sequence as in Part J as closely as possible.

6) attached my cover letter to the ACS as well, as that letter explained how my skills assessment documents were arranged; i.e. in each employment, I put in my appointment letter 1st, payslips 2nd, HR letter 3rd, reference letter 4th and so on.

HTH

Peter

poggle Nov 26th 2002 12:13 am

Originally posted by Wanderlust
W.

Hi There!

We sent our application off in a slide on binder, easy to slide on and to take off! definately dont use paper clips or staples!

Still waiting for granting of visa's!

Good luck:)

renth Nov 26th 2002 6:41 am

Originally posted by ptlabs
Generally, one is advised against permanently binding one's documents (i.e. stapled or comb bound).

A simple 3/4-inch metal clip (it was more like a small clamp actually) on the top left corner of the stack was what I did.

I:

1) stapled the printed-out sheets of my Form 47SK (I used the PDF file).

2) included a cover letter briefly indicating how things were arranged - the tricky bit was to cross reference documents that were needed more than once but provided only once.

3) put my photographs in a small envelope and stuffed that with the stack of documents.

4) put coloured papers to indicate the boundaries of my skills assessment documents - these constituted the bulk of my documentation anyway. I just marked them - "Start of skills assessment documents" and "End of skills assessment documents" respectively.

5) followed the sequence as in Part J as closely as possible.

6) attached my cover letter to the ACS as well, as that letter explained how my skills assessment documents were arranged; i.e. in each employment, I put in my appointment letter 1st, payslips 2nd, HR letter 3rd, reference letter 4th and so on.

7) Attached a £20.00 to the front of the application form with a paper clip (not a staple)

HTH

Peter

sophiedb Nov 26th 2002 9:54 pm

I sent mine in a lever arched file, with all the papers in those plastic cover whajimmies, and index page and assorted file dividers between the various sections.

Admittedly a fair bit got sent back to me when the visa was granted so they did take it all out and rummage around, but I figured it'd be better if they had some organised means of finding what they were after *quickly* that couldn't be a bad thing :)

Stan J Nov 27th 2002 7:22 am

Think I used a treasury tag.

If there's no specific advice from your recipient it ain't critical. Try not to injure someone having them remove staples. Remember that paperclips have a nasty habit of 'stealing' the top documents from the pile below!

Do retain a photocopy just in case.