Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How should I sell my old TV?

How should I sell my old TV?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of
Default How should I sell my old TV?

I have a Sony Trinitron 29inch CRT TV - you know the old-fashioned large ones - and though it works flawlessly it is a white elephant now that I have a High-Definition Plasma. Where should I advertise it for sale eBay, Craigslist or the Trading Post? The (lucky) buyer would have to collect ofcourse. Any ideas from those who have done likewise?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: How should I sell my old TV?

Originally Posted by discobay
I have a Sony Trinitron 29inch CRT TV - you know the old-fashioned large ones - and though it works flawlessly it is a white elephant now that I have a High-Definition Plasma. Where should I advertise it for sale eBay, Craigslist or the Trading Post? The (lucky) buyer would have to collect ofcourse. Any ideas from those who have done likewise?
If you sell it, I'll be shocked. No offence but why would anyone wish to buy a cheap TV that weighs a ton when you can get flat screen's now.

If you want to get rid, best would be to use freecycle and hope that someone wants it and thus is willing to collect it...
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:15 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree there's probably not much of a market for them these days. We've got one to get rid of and are planning to look for a charity that can use it.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:17 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

When its a dry day, put it outside your house with a sticker on it saying its in working order - this works well if your on a reasonably busy street.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

discobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud ofdiscobay has much to be proud of

I agree but there must be landlords who could do with a cheap (and very good) TV for one of their rented properties or maybe someone wants one for the playroom/rumpus.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harrip
When its a dry day, put it outside your house with a sticker on it saying its in working order - this works well if your on a reasonably busy street.
Also put a price of say $25 and guaranteed it will go
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

BuddysMum is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Freecycle may be the best way to go. And round here you can't guarantee it will go even then!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Do a good deed and give it away to someone in need ,it will give you a "feel good" factor as well
Old Dec 1st 2008, 11:20 pm
Citizen Of The World

benlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud ofbenlast has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by discobay
Don't know if they have the same deal in Brisbane, but here in Perth NOR you can take pretty much anything down to the big recycling centre in Balcatta*. They have a whole market there of reclaimed stuff... it's a little bit wierd with a kind of post-apocalyptic Mad Max vibe, but there's a lot of perfectly good stuff that the people there clean up and resell.

Or, like others have said, give it away and enjoy the good feelings

Cheers
b

* Other recycling centres are available...