Reload this Page >

How to settle down in Australia

How to settle down in Australia

Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How to settle down in Australia

Hi there,

I've moved to Sydney 3 months ago and until now I feel awkward and trying very hard to adapt to the environment over here.

Any of you guys feel the same when you first arrive in Australia? Or most of you guys blend in straigt away.

LS
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:37 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to settle down in Australia

I think you'll find the majority of people have problems in adapting when they first arrive. Just take a moment to think about the enormity of what you've done and you'll understand you can't be expected to feel settled quickly.

Give it time, take each day as it comes and don't ever tell yourself this is forever. That will freak you out!
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:19 am
Caroline

Caroline B is on a distinguished road

Have been here in Brissie two months and although I love it, I am feeling very homesick. Have been to see 'Notes on a scandal' and the bit where they were having a beer down the pub made me crave cold nights and having a beer with my mates Plus I was so hot on Sunday, I couldn't be arsed to go out so stayed in. Rang my sister, who said how lovely it was in the U.K. and I was desperate to go for a walk!
My work mates here are great, and everyone is really friendly but I don't feel this is home! I really miss people popping by the house and all those familiar faces! .. I feel like a right wuss....
Old Mar 13th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm expecting it to take at least a year before we start to feel really at home, probably two or three before we are properly settled.
I know that most of my good friends now I did not know four or five years ago, so I'm sure that in another five years I will have made some good friends in Australia too. (Although I will miss my old friends! )