Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

how to set your clock when going to Oz?

View Poll Results: When I go to Oz i set my clock to?
10 years ahead
0%
5 Years ahead
12.50%
Spot on
12.50%
5 years Back
50.00%
10 years Back
25.00%
I throw my watch away- lay on my back and use my sundial!
0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

how to set your clock when going to Oz?

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 2:11 pm
Banned

kite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the roughkite-surfer is a jewel in the rough
Default how to set your clock when going to Oz?

Hi all,

just a bit of fun with a serious side.. I bought an electric heater yesterday (it was all they have - but the designs were seriously 1960's!) I mean right down to the bakerlight knobs!

But is works and i`m cosy (even if I have to turn the TV up because the electric meter is spinning at 2000Rpm)

A few things are ahead - like wireless broadband in the CBD and um....

Ok I live in the country and it feels around 10 years back (and I love it!) Looking forward to getting off this CDMS mobile and onto 3G though.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:55 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to set your clock when going to Oz?

Going to Qld? Try about 1972
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 11:24 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

As the QANTAS hostie allegedely said on lading at Brisvegas from Sydney " We are now arriving in Brisbane, please wind your watches back to 1985"
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I for one would love it to be 1972.

Decent cars, think Holden Statesman. Cute women long before all this PC rubbish.

People often bang on about the 60s, I reckon the early to mid 70s was the time. All you needed to do was find a place.

On a more serious note, aussie in still pretty well in the 00's, we have mobiles, playstations etc.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:48 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thatsnotquiteright
I for one would love it to be 1972.

Cute women long before all this PC rubbish.

Hmmm...does that mean:

a) women are more ugly since PC;

b) you like looking at cute women on your PC; or

c) in 1972 it was OK to treat women solely as objects of desire.
Old Jul 24th 2006, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
Hmmm...does that mean:

a) women are more ugly since PC;

b) you like looking at cute women on your PC; or

c) in 1972 it was OK to treat women solely as objects of desire.

c): only it still is.

Disclaimer: Use of women as objects of desire is only recommended as part of a balanced lifestyle of mutual respect and opportunity thus still afforded them.